#16 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

always wear your gloves and ear defenders and everything its rreally not worth it not wearing them especially if you have them.
right thats the lecture over.
i love the work your doing im keeping an eye on this one.
when people say subscribed do they actually subscribe to a thread to get notifications when there are updates or is it that they just keep looking back at the thread to keep up to date cheers

#17 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:06 AM

If u click the options button (top right of the thread) u can track the topic and get email notification when anyone adds to it! Thanks for the lecture, you're all correct! And I Always use my mask when welding, none of this shutting my eyes business

#18 daveeeeee

daveeeeee

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hi mate,

Hows it going? Deterred by the cold? ^^

#19 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

73277_10150314159385226_516445225_156693

Flitch panel all welded in, small repair made to the end of the centre box section, need to make a small repair to the A post, then can weld the door step on, Then I'm planning on running seam sealer along the inside of the inner sill/door step seam and give it all a good paint in there before putting the outer sill on (also need to weld the under side of the floor panel where the outer sill will cover)

Then I'll start the other side!

I've also removed the brake master cylinder and auto pedal box (auto pedal box to be sold)

#20 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

Well, as it's been 6 months since I've updated this I thought it was about time I posted

Both flitch panels are in, both front floor panels and door steps, need to order new sills as I bought wide ones accidently, but after reading lots of threads on the topic I've decided to buy the narrow ones and do the job properly!

Both rear 1/4s are off and I've replaced the waist panels.

There are a few areas that need looked at in the wheel arches, and the rear subframe is coming off next weekend which should give me an idea of the severity of the problem with the boot floor!

I'm getting rid of the battery box completely and going with a small gel type!

I'm currently updating photos to photobucket, once that's done I'll add some more pics!

#21 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

looks a good project mate, but regarding everyone going on about wearing gloves when grinding, surely its a bad idea to wear gloves when using a grinder as if the glove was to get caught in the grinder when its on, bye bye mr carlos's hands or fingers. We never wear gloves at college (motorsport) when grinding or using the belt sanders, and thats come from the teachers.

but yeah, looks a lush project. Whats the final plans for it?

#22 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

looks a good project mate, but regarding everyone going on about wearing gloves when grinding, surely its a bad idea to wear gloves when using a grinder as if the glove was to get caught in the grinder when its on, bye bye mr carlos's hands or fingers. We never wear gloves at college (motorsport) when grinding or using the belt sanders, and thats come from the teachers.

The dangers of health and safety equipment! You've really brightened up my day with that! It's such a refreshing view

The plans are going to be de bumpered, sensibly tuned 1275, no back seats, just some of that nice black sound deadening stuff which subs are covered in. Black head lining, tinted rear windows, nice exhaust, I'm not bothered about making the fastest mini in the world, just something that I can enjoy using which will have a bit of poke and reliability!

I'm going to fit 4 pot calipers, got a set of 12 inch superlites, hi los, change the camber.

I considered a flip front, but all the talk of SVA and stuff put me off that idea! I'm considering losing all the seams on the front end where the wings meet the front panel and scuttle, but I need to make sure it's done right or it's going to look stupid and ruin the car!

I want to leave the dash rails exposed, and maybe put some kind of aluminium dash in, with oil pressure, water temp, charging guages etc in!

Edited by Carlos W, 31 May 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#23 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

A pair of gauntlets saved my hand once lol, wish i wore them last week when i ran a twist knot wire brush accross my hand.

Carlos w, project is looking good :proud:

Edited by cookie4343, 31 May 2011 - 10:47 PM.

#24 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

A little hole in the bottom there will be investigated from underneath once the sub frame is out! I can't imagine it would be a difficult job to fabricate a new bin as there's a lot of rust down there

Posted Image
The other side isn't as bad, but the metal is thinned so I think i'll weld a patch in both, do the job properly! Don't fancy the shocker mount coming away!

Posted Image
What do I do about this?

Posted Image
I want this kind of battery set up, just not sure where yet, I'll get rid of the battery box as it's a bit corroded and has been replaced badly in the past

#25 benjy_18

benjy_18

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

projects looking pretty good!

also, id say also wear gloves! this is what happened to me the one time i didnt
Posted Image

stops your hands getting sunburnt from welding aswell (Y)

Ben

#26 grahama

grahama

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Local Club: None in my area !!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

Ditto,

wear them, better ruin a pair of gloves than your hand, always grinding through them, you soon stop when it touches the gloves. Even mor eimportant is eye protection, a 6 month lesson at the hospital tought me that, I only had a five second job to do and punctured eye resulted !!!

Be safe !

Lecture over !!

Graham

#27 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

I PROMISE I (AND MY MATE WHO'S DOING ALL THE WORK) WILL ALWAYS WEAR FULL SAFETY EQUIPMENT!

Do I need to do risk assessments too?

#28 grahama

grahama

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

Dynamic risk assesments as the work evolves, and all in full body protective lead suits too before starting ANYTHING !!!

lol !

#29 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Dynamic risk assesments as the work evolves, and all in full body protective lead suits too before starting ANYTHING !!!

lol !

Aren't I at risk of lead poisoning from the suit? And the weight may damage my back! I may pull a muscle when getting into or out of the suit!

#30 grahama

grahama

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

Doh !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users