#17 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

It is still a brick though isn't it. :P

Yes, but if the mini is what you choose to race, then you've got to make the best of what you've got. 

A ford Cmax is more aerodynamic. You know the semi people carrier thing. 

I do have another idea that could be used in conjunction with the parts listed. The air down the side of the car is slow moving yes and at a lower pressure but still it could be scavenged and released into the low pressure area behind the car.

Edited by Sam Walters, 24 November 2010 - 10:22 PM.

#18 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

my cars running the monte carlo bodywork
i know that a minis a brick but to be fair if you watch the last race at oulton the cappuchino which is very uch more aerodynamic is no faster down the straights
we are both using stock 2008 hayabusas both cars including drivers weigh the same so i guess we must just have struck something like a decent set up
i dont profess to know all about aero but im a big fan now
chris

#19 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

Just to add to this, had another little idea. ?

Low pressure at the rear of the car is created because you've created whats called a boundary later. Its much the same as down the side of the car. The high pressure air. So the fast moving air. Low pressure is in between that and the high pressure air.

This is what creates drag on the rear of the car. A low pressure and that trying to equalize.

What you could do, it down the edge of where the window create some fins as on the roof line of one of the Evo`s.

This would create lots of mini vortex`s creating turbulence and removing the low pressure areas.

I may be talking utter cobblers here.

Edited by Sam Walters, 25 November 2010 - 12:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users