#17 jagman.2003

jagman.2003

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Local Club: Owner of my own club of Minis

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

Great looking finish, always liked that colour.

#18 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Cheers guys!

#19 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Looking Great! :)

#20 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Off to Minispares in the morning to buy a load of odd bits to get the front subframe built up.

#21 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

Got the cones and hi-los in, upper and lower arms and tie rods bolted up.

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Car is finally home! Hoping to I may get the rear subby built up enough to have the car sat on at least its rear wheels over the weekend.

#23 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

Long time no update...car had a few iffy bits of work done so I sent it back to the bodyshop to be sorted - all done and back home now, trying to crack on with stuff.

First came tackling the headlining, not looking forward to it as I've heard everyone say what a pig it can be! All pegged up:

Posted Image

All fitted up, seals in place - MPI headliningl, was difficult in places as it is second hand and hadn't been taken out the old car very carefully, reckon thats a good enough job though! (spray glue EVERYWHERE mind you)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear windscreen in after a lot of arguements (and dirty side windows) - bolted the rear lights on too so it looks like i'm getting somewhere:

Posted Image

Front indicators and headlamp bowls - fitted the steering rack loosly, then realised i should probably fit some brake and fuel lines underneath...

Posted Image

Headlights in just for a look :)

Posted Image

Front windscreen is next, attempted it the other day...managed to drop it as take a chip of paint out of the o/s wing and scratch the scuttle....fantastic - think this thread sums it up Windscreen Emotions! :o

Thats all for now, jsut been and got tool to insert the locking strip in the windscreens - mine is in the garage somewhere but i cant find it.

Thanks for looking.

#24 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

Long time no update...car had a few iffy bits of work done so I sent it back to the bodyshop to be sorted - all done and back home now, trying to crack on with stuff.

First came tackling the headlining, not looking forward to it as I've heard everyone say what a pig it can be! All pegged up:

Posted Image

All fitted up, seals in place - MPI headliningl, was difficult in places as it is second hand and hadn't been taken out the old car very carefully, reckon thats a good enough job though! (spray glue EVERYWHERE mind you)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear windscreen in after a lot of arguements (and dirty side windows) - bolted the rear lights on too so it looks like i'm getting somewhere:

Posted Image

Front indicators and headlamp bowls - fitted the steering rack loosly, then realised i should probably fit some brake and fuel lines underneath...

Posted Image

Headlights in just for a look :)

Posted Image

Front windscreen is next, attempted it the other day...managed to drop it as take a chip of paint out of the o/s wing and scratch the scuttle....fantastic - think this thread sums it up Windscreen Emotions! :o

Thats all for now, jsut been and got tool to insert the locking strip in the windscreens - mine is in the garage somewhere but i cant find it.

Thanks for looking.

Glad you appreciated my "windscreen emotions" post! :(

#25 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Indeed, and I'm currently in a joy moment as the locking strip has just gone in the rear seal with no problems - I wish I had dropped the front screen and it smashed rather than damaging the paint though, the screen would have been cheaper to repair!

#26 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

Bit more progress today, and a few stumbling blocks, feel free to add any advice for me!

First up, rear screen insert, went in suprisingly well - should I have left a gap between the 2 ends to allow for any expansion though or is it fine to fit it nice and tight?

Posted Image

Brake and fuel line in underneath the car, went better than I thought it might, look fairly neat so I'm happy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear subframe, bit tight fitting, but went in ok.

Posted Image

Front subframe, complete pig to get in! Bodyshop welded the front on without lining it up on the subframe to the front panel isnt perfect but we go it in and bolted up the tower and rear mounts.

Posted Image

Left with this gap at the front which I doubt i'm going to get a full mount into, any ideas? (sorry not a very clear picture)

Posted Image

And the front panel seems to sit a little low (I'm assuming the subframe sits ok as the tower mounts and rear brackets are all lined up nicely) Again any ideas are welcome to finding a way to make this work.

Posted Image

Oh and the brake master cylinder ready to start getting plumbed in

Posted Image

Thanks for reading,

Matt

#27 whiskymac

whiskymac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hmm long time no update, I'm pretty rubbish at the whole keeping the thread upto date thing...

Progress is pretty slow what with work, but got quite a bit done now, wiring loom is in progress, have got the front and rear subframes fitted, it has been on its wheels at times! Subframes were both a pain in the ass to get in and aligned, but should all be ok for now. Rear arches are on, as is the bumper rear only needs a fog lamp and bootlid and its pretty much there. Also started on some soundproofing to the floor and inside of the panels. Doors and windows all on so the car is watertight (ish) now, even got my door locks and central locking motors installed!

Few pictures, not much room on the drive to get any good ones, oooh and I bought my wheels!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yummy :)

Posted Image

#28 STREET TWEAKS

STREET TWEAKS

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

looking very nice mate hope mine looks that good

#29 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

Looking good!

This is the next stage I can't wait to get to, putting stuff back on the shell!

I think you should also give the plastic on the brake master cylinder a proper good scrub, looks dirty compared to the rest!

#30 Zeemax Adventure

Zeemax Adventure

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

Very nice matey, looks good in the pics :) wont be long till its on the road again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users