19 replies to this topic

#16 tommy13

tommy13

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Fair enough then. to be honest I have never suspected any tester of secretly working against the driver in that way but in all the cases I've heard of the information seems to originate within VOSA themselves and the only contact most of us have with them is through the MOT. What you say about the computer system is probably spot on. In my industry there is also a whole heap of trouble currently being caused by VOSA in regard to our trucks. Frankly I'll not be upset if the current government cutbacks return VOSA to the shabby little organisation they used to be, and get the useless wombles off the road!

I agree Dan, Although they already claim to be stretched on manpower, the direction they seem to be heading is worrying. This is presumably driven by the government ot the day together with pressures from europe. We can only hope the situation improves under the new government.

#17 Xinarin13

Xinarin13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Ok, not to resurrect another dead topic, but is that the general concensus? 2000-9000? I am mostly curious about what it would cost to do some major restoring, such as replacing sills and such. Much of my mini is in great condition, but I am finding that there is a lot I didn't see before purchase, and some that has already been fixed and other spots that look like they will need some fixing in the not too distant future... I'm just curious how much some of the partial restos you guys have done cost you...

#18 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Ok, not to resurrect another dead topic, but is that the general concensus? 2000-9000? I am mostly curious about what it would cost to do some major restoring, such as replacing sills and such. Much of my mini is in great condition, but I am finding that there is a lot I didn't see before purchase, and some that has already been fixed and other spots that look like they will need some fixing in the not too distant future... I'm just curious how much some of the partial restos you guys have done cost you...

£2k to £9K!!!! no chance. I have spent over £3k on panels alone, then there is my welding time and i painted the car myself. Then you have to add in the cost of everything you have removed refurbished refitted etc. That will be a full nut and bolt resto without mentioning the engine.

So again a partial resto will cost something like you have mentioned BUT that also really depends on what YOU need to do. Everyones partial resto is different. OE parts, Pattern parts etc etc.

#19 Xinarin13

Xinarin13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Fair enough, I am just future proofing myself. Dusty looks great on the outside, but there are some spots... like i know the sills, passenger door, and possibly the passenger wing will need work someday. I am also sure that when I dig into it someday that I will find more, I'm just slowly learning everything that I can possibly learn so that nothing comes as a surprise later.

#20 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

Fair enough, I am just future proofing myself. Dusty looks great on the outside, but there are some spots... like i know the sills, passenger door, and possibly the passenger wing will need work someday. I am also sure that when I dig into it someday that I will find more, I'm just slowly learning everything that I can possibly learn so that nothing comes as a surprise later.

Treat your car like an Iceberg, what you see on the top is just literally the tip so to speak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users