25 replies to this topic

#16 tedoday

tedoday

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Well I'm another one struggling to get hold of Jay. I bought and paid for a dashboard and parcel shelf at the mini cooper day at Beaulieu in June 2011 for an 18th birthday present the following week. I knew there was little chance that it would be delivered for then but was promised it would be soon. Managed to get hold of Jay at the beginning of July. He was very apologetic and promised delivery in the 3rd week in July. This needless to say came and went with nothing. Since then I have sent e mails, left messages on the answerphone with zero response. I am now at the point, and have told him by message, of reporting him to trading standards and going to small claims to get my money back, also with no response. Can I suggest that he would be well employed fulfilling his existing orders before making more stock for sale. I would also say to anyone, dont pay cash up front as despite people saying give him a chance, experience suggests that he is not the most honourable of traders once he has his hands on the money. I wait to be proved wrong!!

#17 Jed (Mini Thirty)

Jed (Mini Thirty)

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

We are also waiting for a dash that we ordered at the Help For Heros weekend (10th July).
Ok ours were special colours to match exactly our interior, but Jay promised us he knew the company who did our interior and could get the vinyl in to make it. We paid by paypal using a mobile phone there and then so to not hold up the manufacture and to have free delivery. We were told it would be with us in 3 - 4 weeks, but here we are 10 weeks later and still nothing.
We have sent countless messages to the mobile number given to us and i have even left a message for him on here, with no responce.
As this is the final part we need to complete a 2 year rebuild, you can imagine we are somewhat anoyed.
All i want is a date when i will recieve the dash, if you read this Jay, ignoring customers only makes us upset !!

I await a responce from you Jay. I hope you prove me wrong aswell.

#18 Jed (Mini Thirty)

Jed (Mini Thirty)

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Well, I recieved my dash today!!!! Excelent job done on it aswell.
All i can say is thank goodness, You have proved us wrong Jay, But if only you said it would be 10 weeks i would never have posted my last message on here.

All in all, a great product - but if you need a special order please be prepared to wait.

#19 tedoday

tedoday

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Your the lucky one!! I'm still waiting. Still no reply to phone calls, e mails, texts! Trading standards has to be my next port of call. Like everyone, only so much can be tolerated, and the absolute total lack of communication is completely unacceptable. I've been waiting 14 weeks now and the only communication has been one broken promise from a phone call which I made. What do you have to do to get a response?? Whatever the quality of the workmanship, and I cant comment on that because I haven't seen it, I wouldn't recommend him unless you can buy and collect on the spot. Certainly he has had over £100 of my money for three and a half months now with nothing to show for it.

#20 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Have you tried this land line number to get hold of him? (0116 2710981) I'm not sure if it's now an old number or not, but I believe that other members here have managed to contact him on it in the past. :thumbsup:

If it's of any help, here are a few links to other TMF threads about the somewhat notorious Jay at Minteriors :rolleyes:

http://www.theminifo...minteriors&st=0

http://www.theminifo...rs&fromsearch=1

Edited by AVV IT, 21 September 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#21 tedoday

tedoday

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for that. Tried the number. Went to answerphone so no surprises there! This fellow is the limit when it comes to poor quality service. If any show organisers are reading this, can I suggest that you refuse bookings from him for shows in the future. His trading methods are haphazard to say the least, plain dishonest at the worst and it can only reflect badly on your show that people are very dissatisfied with one of the traders. Whilst you can say that you have no responsibilty for the traders actions, if he cannot go to shows to trade, then he may just buck his ideas up. It does appear that he probably has thousands of pounds of peoples money that he has not supplied goods for. Any comments from show organisers appreciated.

#22 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

He is a member here on TMF (Smoz2010), and does use the forum from time to time, have you tried sending him a PM?

http://www.theminifo...?showuser=45219

I wouldn't be too confident that he will reply, (judging by his ability to answer Emails and the phone so far), but it can't do any harm.

#23 tedoday

tedoday

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

My dash arrived yesterday. Very nice piece of workmanship, no arguing with that. Shame about the wait of nearly 4 months!!

#24 Chris_R

Chris_R

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

At least you guys are receiving your goods from your orders in July etc. I ordered mine at the Normanby Mini Show in early June and still haven't received them despite repeated promises and excuses. He's ignoring me now so I think its time to go through the small claims court!

#25 musicmanno1

musicmanno1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

Add me to the list still not got mine yet (ordered at stanford hall) and ignoring all contact! although i got through on his mobile 2 weeks ago and he said it was ready then!

If you can read this Jay- Please contact me! email/txt/phone!

Edited by musicmanno1, 15 October 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#26 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

I'd suggest a recorded delivery letter telling him you've had enough waiting and just want your money back instead within one week. It's a reasonable amount of time for him to send you a cheque or do a ank transfer but puts a definite stake in the ground as to what you want by when. If that doesn't bring a response in the form of a refund or the bits then you can start legal proceedings.

Iain

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)