Previous owners build diary:
When I bought it needed some TLC with slight surface rust inside, no coolant or water in it, hadn't been serviced so anyway I began by taking out the interior, taking off the front end and getting it on axle stands.
So I began by lining up a welding runners from a spare set of seats I had in my focus and then after began painting the inside primer then matt black because gloss just seemed to show every detail.
Once that was done I got rid of the old dash because I thought it looked horrible,
so began to make my own, with a few mods to the clocks as I go. Also, ordered an oil pressure and water temperature gauge. After that I gave the steering wheel a swift rub down and freshen up as paint was slightly flaking
Whilst it was on axle stands it gave me chance to remove the exhaust as it was slightly blowing and just needed a freshen up, also I had heat wrap left over from my focus exhaust so thought sod it and put that on (there are mixed feelings about this, and I don’t want to hear them) and just rubbed it down and repainted with heat paint.
I bought a steel fan from mini spares which was fitted with fresh coolant new thermostat gasket, and timing belt cover as oil was everywhere,
I managed to get hold of a set of minilites from a friend of mine who totally rebuilt a mini. So after a clean and rub down I repainted them in gunmetal. So I have just got to order tyres etc.
Then went over the whole car in G-3 compound then T-cut and just waiting to be polished
Still to come:
Head gasket needs replacing after finding a common leak near the radiator side.
4-pots from mini sport/ebc rear shoes
Have also got some Perspex from Wickes and dad’s mate own glass centre and going to cut and seal that.
Suspension needs to be stripped and servicing
Wiring needs to be sorted
Finally get the carb cleaned tuned and set-up by my dad’s best mate, good friend who owns Ipswich mini centre, top bloke.
Edited by smudger068, 04 November 2010 - 03:58 PM.