Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:20 PM
Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:09 PM
Are you using an ECU ?
If its a fuel injector ? it will need better control than that ! How do you propose to control the amount of fuel going into the engine ??
Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:35 PM
Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:39 PM
Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:10 PM
T piece from existing fuel line, boost sensing solenoid to allow fuel through to a fuel pressure regulator (set to a low psi) runing to a carb jet? But im still sure i can use an injector??
Any other ideas would be much appreciated!!!
Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:48 PM
Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:03 PM
Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:28 AM
Sorry to say, but BAD NEWS!
If you want to run a single injector, you need an injector driver, like the MF2.
But - running this is plain silly on an A-series, as if you set it to (say) 25% duty cycle, the cylinders that want the fuel for the other 75% will be left to run lean the next time they take in an induction charge as the injector is off.
If you want to do something novel, use a butcherized Bosch k-jet system, with just one, or maybe two injectors in the inlet tract (not manifold, but TRACT) - you can adjust the k-jet stuff quite easilly - ie MAP IT, and mechanical injection in the inlet tract (before the butterfly) will work not too dissimilarly to an SPi injector...
Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:03 AM
Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:52 PM
The most important thing you'll need is mapped ignition so you can retard the ignition enough to get 10psi with a CR of 10.4:1. Pointless really. If you want a quicker spool-up, spend the money on a turbo better suited to the engine.
Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:23 PM
Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:11 PM
It's not something to blindly jump into - injecting an A-series is difficult. Injecting a 200+ (hopefully :cheese: ) hp turbo is very challenging; as is a 8000+ rpm screamer aswell due to the limited injection window.
One simple piece of advice - if anyone says it's 'easy' to do, then they haven't tried it.
Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:24 PM
I personaly would use the Megasquirt engine management system as it is freely adaptable to almost every situation. Only one problem I see is the crank position sensor, I don't know if any one has coded the Megasquirt for Rovers unique pick up pattern. It would also be easy to fit a knock sensor. This along with the usual turbo required mods of course.
Big boost high power engines would require very big injectors in relation, causing difficulty in a single or twin injector system to control the low rpm fueling, so medium power increases would be much more succesful
cant see why it cant be done, but it certainly would not be as simple a carb turbo.
Realy got to get this sussed for my project, though I will be using four injectors with a single throttle, similar to below but not the same
EDIT: picture changed
Edited by Mini Sprocket, 14 December 2005 - 06:25 PM.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users