#46 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

Whats the part number of the injectors on the MPI, no one has still answered this. I would like to know :fear:

#47 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

If you if want an easy 100bhp using a turbo, why dont you

Offset bore it out +60(1330)
Offset grind the crank to a longer stroke and use S rods to increase the capicity further hence bring the turbo on quicker.
Lower the C/r as normal.
Use a mild cam maybe even a standard MG one
Don't use an intercooler as Ive heard this increases the lag
Fit a T2 with the mirage manifold.
HIFF 44 Turbo Su
Use a decent dumpvalve or recirculating valve.
Use a 3.6 or 3.44 instead of a 3.1 or 2.9 diff to keep it on boost more of the time (But that all depends on how you drive it)

Just a thought

#48 DaveCoxon

DaveCoxon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:34 PM

Sprocket:

Here is what you need with the injectors...
(see what i mean about the numbers - the MPi ones are actually 480cc/min - not what i said previously!!! :) )

http://www.16vminicl...opic.php?t=4285

Answers the lot!

200/400
=> 92 (M series) MYJ10011
92=>96 (T nasp) MJY10029
92=>96(T Turbo) MJY10023

=>AM246796 (T Turbo) MJY10023
BM246797=> (T Turbo wasted spark?) MJY100460

91=>AM152056 (T nasp) MJY10011
AM152057=>230966 (T nasp) MJY10029
91=>230966 (T turbo) MJY10023
96(230967)=>(T Turbo + nasp) MJY100460

MJY100460 also fits
MPI Mini
RT420 T nasp

#49 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:38 PM

Well this is all very interesting but it means jack all to me! Dnt get me wrong i no a fair bit when it comes to vehicle mechanics and sciences and im willing to learn more, but is it really necessary? Will it assist me in the great quest that is life? You sound like you no your stuff tho! :wink:

So im gonna be lookin at fitting a t2 then? iv got a brand new one off my rs in the garage, where can i get the mirage kit from? plus how much?

So iv established that i should continue opening the chambers on my head to around 8.4:1, use a t2, i/c, what kind of boost? i was thinking no more than 10psi as the box has the standard internals still thinking whether the twin pin diff is worth it.

Cheers! :grin:

#50 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:39 PM

Are they Bosch items

#51 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:41 PM

Oldskoolbaby- sounds like a good set up! will bear it in mind! remembered aftrer i post before you lose just under a lb of boost with an intercooler so the 4psi i would have been running, would have been more like 3.

#52 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

Is it also true that using the 998 head gasket on 1275 turbo is the better option? Never thought to marry the two up!

#53 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

Twin cross pin diffs are bullet proof in a road car. I say definatly use the T2. Theres an article on here somewhere with the web site for the mirage kit. I reckon you should just go mild. But going mild with a turbo should still give over 100bhp and loads of torque

#54 DaveCoxon

DaveCoxon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:52 PM

MiniMe - You sound like you want to experiment - so why not do so!

The CR thing is an interesting one for sure... I don't reckon you need to go anything like that low for what you're wanting (10psi) why not aim for 9:1 - which'll give a little leeway for if you get a bad tank of fuel...
Headgasket was discussed in a different post a few days ago. go with the reccomendations. A 998 gasket on a 1275? Whoever gave you that advice - be wary of. That is extremely bogus! :sad:

Sprocket - someone claims they're Nippon Denso items. To be honest - I can't confirm this. There is a logo on the injectors, which i'll attempt to picture and upload. Maybe someone will recognise the logo and confirm it! :)

#55 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

boost? i was thinking no more than 10psi as the box has the standard internals still thinking whether the twin pin diff is worth it.

I am sure that everyone "listening" will agree with me on this point, FIT a twin pin diff as a minimum requirement

It will be a lot safer - take my word for it if you have had a single pin fail exciting a hard corner you would fit one as a matter of course.....

This is in part due to the possibility that you will want to "raise" the boost later on.

#56 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

Think thats my problem, thinking for the moment, instead of ahead!

So out comes the engine again! Its been in and out that many times just lately with the change of plans and ideas! So basically iv got to sort my plan and stick to it! im not getting anywhere fast! still need to sell my 2 rs turbos to fund future projects!

So im now lookin out for a mirage kit! what else do i need to do when fitting the t2 on the mirage? I think i just stuck with the t3 for ease, if i remember correctly! :)

#57 DaveCoxon

DaveCoxon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:17 PM

You missed out on an un-used mirage kit for £300 on turbo minis just two days ago :sad:
End of the day - a mirage kit - even when used - will be worth at-least half whatever you pay new for it (lifetime warranty) so it's money well spent.

But - you need to follow the advice of everyone before, and fit an uprated diff... So, the engine has to come out... Once the engine's out - how much more effort is a bulkhead box?

ooops, Think i've just confused you again! :grin: :erm: :sad: :grin: :erm: :sad: :grin: :erm: :grin: :erm: :sad: :grin: :erm: :sad:

#58 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

I think you will find that the MJY100460 is a Rover refference part number.

Three letters and then a number up to six places.

Is there no other number, like the bosch items, located on the plug housing. sorry I know if there was then you would have seen it.

They look awfully like Bosch items to me as the Denso ones are totaly different

http://www.globalden...s/injector.html

#59 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

Well thats the thing, the bulk head box is done so thats why the t3 was probably easier now its all done. But with all this talk of the t2 i just woundered if it was much more work? I heard something bout the actuator needs re mounting and the compressor housing needs turning round? Plus the t2-t3 adaptor plate!

Is there any truth in the usage of the 998 head gasket on the 1275 turbo?

I feel like going to the lock up and cracking on with it now!! Not to sure the neighbours would agree to that tho! :grin:

#60 DaveCoxon

DaveCoxon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Headgasket was discussed in a different post a few days ago. go with the reccomendations. A 998 gasket on a 1275? Whoever gave you that advice - be wary of. That is extremely bogus! :sad:

Here is where the injector discussions took place:
http://www.msefi.com...pic.php?t=11464

You can just make out the logo (two overlapping ovals) on the RH view - just above the D of D3184GB ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users