#91 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

This topic http://www.theminifo...opic=18618&st=0 Has turned to a turbo injection topic too

#92 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

dude 100bhp is easy enough to get out of a near enough std metro turbo lump, as said get the 2 pin diff, and on the side of safety i would get some straight cut drop gears. run a little more boost than std with a decent intercooler and your laffin. still very drivable with gobs of torque, the initial spool up of the T3 is slower than the T2 but once moving through the gears its not noticable

#93 bgunn

bgunn

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

MPi injector...

Posted Image

You can see the logo pretty clearly in the top picture...

Having experience with other Rovers of the same era (KV6 etc) I can tell you that logo is a SAGEM logo.

Posted Image

Watching the whole siamese injection debate with interest - as I'm planning to get back into the Mini fold after several years break (my last Mini was an '83 with an MPi conversion). Considering whether siamese injection, or simply doing the work for a BMW head would be easier!

Regards,

Brian.

#94 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,401 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

Interesting reading - I even understood some of it :dozing:

Going back to the start of the thread. don't Turbos lack low end grunt 'because their lacking oxygen, not fuel, before the turbo spins up?
If you're going to inject anything shouldn't it be nitrous, as well as fuel to match?

#95 Brett

Brett

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: skylineowners.com, turbominis

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Interesting reading - I even understood some of it :dozing:

Going back to the start of the thread. don't Turbos lack low end grunt 'because their lacking oxygen, not fuel, before the turbo spins up?
If you're going to inject anything shouldn't it be nitrous, as well as fuel to match?

nah bud turbo motors suck the same as non-turbo motors do so 'off boost' they drive about the same its when the boost comes in that the magic happens, the reason tubo motors are poor off boost, low down is usualy because of the silly low compression ratio the engine has to enable far greater boost when the turbo comes in :huh:

EDIT:-

nitrous injection system's (nos) can be used to remove the waiting time for the turbo to kick in, an atls (or als) system using nos

Edited by Brett, 13 June 2007 - 05:32 PM.

#96 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

just to add to this thread, my current project is being fuel intected using megasquirt (wet manifold setup with single large throttle body) and i am using the nitrous control on the ecu to inject nitrous off boost to irradicate all lag)

#97 anthangel

anthangel

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

hi there guys, i dont no much about minis but i have a mini 1275 sprite and im wantint to know whick is the best route to get around 100bhp without massive costs? cheers guy's. anth

#98 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Hi All,

If you require any casting or machining,then I can help out here as we now have our own foundry........

#99 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

any chance of an alloy block?

#100 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

^^^ lol :)

#101 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

you might lol at the alloy block but if you speak to Ian at Avonbar, he was (don't know if he still is or not ) haveing some alloy blocks made running 1600cc but still using all mini internals etc..

#102 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:58 AM

Didn't Ian sell Avonbar last year?

#103 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

yeah he did but i believe he's still lurking about somewhere

#104 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hi,

The last time I spoke with Ian, he was "on retainer" to help the other company get established etc.....

Alloy Blocks, not yet, not unless I get a lot of interest, however I am working on an uprated gear case and diff cover.....

However what I was also thinking was alloy "pattern" parts for the plenum pipe from Intercooler etc....

At the moment we are trying to keep things small and simple until our processes are proven and our quality is up to scratch, a bracket with a slight defect may not matter, a gearbox with a slight defect will leak like a standard one >_<)

Also, how many of you would be interested in using a larger layshaft ? it would mean a slightly modified case....

Regards Martin

#105 Sutty01

Sutty01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

id buy anything uprated if the price was right mate , this new box sounds very interesting tho !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users