53 replies to this topic

#1 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi all, I've never taken money out of my bank until I bought 'Lottie' a few weeks ago
She's a '92 Rover Mini City E, (998cc) that's been modified a lot
Fibre glass front end,
K&N air filter,
3 branch sports manifold, big bore middle box, twin DTM back box and 4 tail pipes
fibre glass arches
12" Superstars
Cobra bucket seats and harness
big speaker bord with 6 speakers + amp + sub (no back seat)
TV / dvd player with reversing camera
but many jobs to be done on her, don't take me as a spoilt rich kid, I am quite the opposite.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
neons in back

Posted Image

Posted Image

but they were NOW, quite a way back, with a previous owner, she looked very different, but was then hit on tesco car park
the sticker is now gone
Posted Image
different ice
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

one question, is it legal to swop the standard horn for an air horn, it doesn't play a tune so i presume it should be

tell us what ya think
Ben

Edited by BenCoul, 22 November 2010 - 07:01 PM.

#2 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

is that Southport Beach? I have never seen the sea at Southport before! lol

#3 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

is that Southport Beach? I have never seen the sea at Southport before! lol

Don't know mate, these are pics that i found on a previous owners facebook, southport is preety good though, formby / ainsdale may be better.

#4 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Welcome to TMF! Nice Mini :D
, although I wonder why uve relocated the VIN plate to the centre console, rather than another location in the engine bay?......

#5 Jacko-lah

Jacko-lah

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Local Club: Derbyshire Classic Mini OC

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

Oh, marmite. I like it, and I hate it.

I like : The standard wipers, the weird bonnet, and the crazy spotlights - tell me they are 100 Watts ? , and the buckets.

I hate. The ICE filling the rear seat, the dash, the rear parcel shelf, the black colour of the front, the mirrors, the neons.

That's Not Formby as you'd never get a mini onto the beach. Could be Ainsdale.

#6 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and thats not a bad effort for one so young well done.......... :D

#7 chrisholland1983

chrisholland1983

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside Mini Club

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

it was Humberside mini clubs run to Skegness that pic was taken at Hutoft car terrace :D

#8 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

Nice Mini
But congratulations on buying an impossible to insure mini for a 17 year old :D

#9 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

I like : The standard wipers, the weird bonnet, and the crazy spotlights - tell me they are 100 Watts ? , and the buckets.

I hate. The ICE filling the rear seat, the dash, the rear parcel shelf, the black colour of the front, the mirrors, the neons.

Nice Mini
But congratulations on buying an impossible to insure mini for a 17 year old >_<

Jacko-lah, not sure what watt they are yet, the rear parcel shelf is now carpet, a respray is going to happen in a year or so (all one colour) the mirrors i think are cool, and you must be more than 30 to not like my ICE, (the ice has changed you may have noticed on my crude pics) and the neons are staying, although i wouldn't spent money to have them fitted in the first place.

Adam, totally agree with you there, but should still be less the £2000, and definatley less than the £4700 i was quoted for my mum's standard 1.2ltr punto !!!

Edited by BenCoul, 22 November 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#10 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

Nice Mini
But congratulations on buying an impossible to insure mini for a 17 year old :P

Jacko-lah, not sure what watt they are yet, the rear parcel shelf is now carpet, a respray is going to happen in a year or so (all one colour) the mirrors i think are cool, and you must be more than 30 to not like my ICE, (the ice has changed you may have noticed on my crude pics) and the neons are staying, although i wouldn't spent money to have them fitted in the first place.

Adam, totally agree with you there, but should still be less the £2000, and definatley less than the £4700 i was quoted for my mum's standard 1.2ltr punto !!!

Oh yeah it should be less than that >_< I got mine for £550 so it's possible, just don't expect your to be cheap with the spec!
Got to be honest I don't like the ice either...

Edited by Mini Adam, 22 November 2010 - 10:19 PM.

#11 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

I'm not a great fan of massive speaker boards, but, I'm a big music geek, and this has potential, not practicality

#12 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Welcome to TMF! Nice Mini >_<
, although I wonder why uve relocated the VIN plate to the centre console, rather than another location in the engine bay?......

previous owner did it for some reason !!?? that centre bit of trim is one of his home made things and isn't even fixed down

#13 retroracer1275

retroracer1275

Super Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

wow man, looks great, how long untill your 17? seems a shame to have to see it everyday and not being able to drive it... trust me i know how it feels :'( haha

#14 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

wow man, looks great, how long untill your 17? seems a shame to have to see it everyday and not being able to drive it... trust me i know how it feels :'( haha

17th November 2010, i acctually got it a week before i was 16, pleanty of jobs to keep me happy until then, and i can always drive her at shows, why? how old were you when you got yours ?

#15 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,013 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

You need to be in contact with my grandson, 'Cooperkid'. He is 16 next week and is doing a very comprehensive restoration on his 1997 1275 MPI for when he is 17. It will be standard except for Group 2 arches and a Mk 1 grill, so we reckon it will be easily insurable, especially as he will do his 'pass plus' the day after he passes his test.
The rolling shell with a complete new front end is going to the paintshop next weekend and the total re-build of the engine will then happen before it comes back. Then it's rebuild of all suspensio0n and brakes, refit of interior and it'll be done by early Autumn 2011.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users