53 replies to this topic

#31 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

Very nice Mini,must of kept you out of trouble working on it and all your money.Air hornes are legal,but not the music tune ones.One big horn and one mid. sound good and loud.Camper look smart to.First car on the road is great just the wait.Not sure about the ICE,send you deaf at least the police will here you comming.

#32 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

This isnt ment to sound patronising but i really dont know how you younger people manage to insure your minis and run them at the price of your insurance.I have just got a quote for my highly modified mini its a vauxhall 16v engine rollcage,removable front ect and it was £179 and i thought that was dear.

i dont mean this in an answering back way, but it takes a lot of hard work to keep them on the road! i worked my backside off through the summer to buy my mini, worked on the farm and earned 2k, this put me through my lessons and test, then brought me the car. I then got a job working weekends in a garden centre while i was still at school to pay for insurance, then any money from birthdays or tips or odd jobs i did went towards mods such as the seats, speakers, carpets, dash, arches, fogs, spots, grill, exhaust, air filters, rocker cover etc etc! and im so glad my parents didnt pay for it all, because i now know how much things cost, and when i go into the big wide world i wont get a shock and get myself into debts!

i think you will struggle to get insurance under £2000 if your on your own policy, espec with the air filter, exhaust and manifold, wheels, neons and stereo system!

its personally not my cup of tea, i like things sporty looking but unless your careful in the next few jobs you do, this could verge on being chavvy if im being brutely honest! i think your right though, it does have potential i just hope you can release it!

#33 Ewen

Ewen

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

ooooh cool, this is a really beastly mini ooh cool! how long have you had this doodio? this looks really ace! have you had any problems with it doodio? peace out beans

#34 buck

buck

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

You selling already? http://www.carandcla...uk/car/C182854/
Or is that the original ad form the person you bought from

#35 mini=love

mini=love

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

When your looking for insurance, just literally call round every single insurance company number you can find, and eventually you will get a good quote. With my first mini (which is highly modified, carbon front, carbon roof, roll cage, engine change, etc...) i was getting quotes around £5000-£6000 i then got a few quotes between £2000-£3000 then i called LV and they quoted me £1400

And every year i just call round all the insurance companies to get the best quotes, im not 21 so insurance isnt to bad atall, but i remeber spending atleast a week on the phone trying to sort insurance for my first mini.

Regarding the air horn, the best bet is to ask your MOT man.

Edited by mini=love, 24 November 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#36 miniman24

miniman24

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

Very nice mini :thumbsup: On the subject of insurance, im 17 and managed to insure this

Posted Image

for £800 with footman james. Stage 1, alloys, FG front :P All mods declared but limited to 20,000 miles.

Edited by miniman24, 24 November 2010 - 10:54 PM.

#37 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

You selling already? http://www.carandcla...uk/car/C182854/
Or is that the original ad form the person you bought from

original from the guy i bought it off, haha, he said he took it off ages ago, but...ah well...

#38 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

Very nice mini :thumbsup: On the subject of insurance, im 17 and managed to insure this

Posted Image

for £800 with footman james. Stage 1, alloys, FG front :P All mods declared but limited to 20,000 miles.

that, is one classy and sweat looking mini, and really impressed that you got it for so cheap!!

#39 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:36 AM

Well we all like it.Insurance is always the big chat these days on all cars.At my age 47 it is not bad on most cars.Any classic as a secound car is very cheap.My 928s was only £300,had to sell her and come down a bit due to state of country and my funds.Always check your quotes before buying or mods..Your car is easy to spot as well mod. for any look or pull over without a bump.They might even just want a look.Insurance is an insane cost for all you younger drivers on any small car so i feel for you all.Insurance was fair in the 80s for even top cars.My first car on road a Mini 850cc was one of the cheapest to cover.I had to rebuild it like an Airfix model first.Must say out of all the cars i have had i had most my fun in my Minis when young.Hence still a big fan and shocked younger people still love them,like many older cars just vanished off the roads.The worst one i run is a full race Scooby T,awd and they still hit me big time on it.Get a quote on one for fun.The Polo is a good car to run.

#40 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

This isnt ment to sound patronising but i really dont know how you younger people manage to insure your minis and run them at the price of your insurance.I have just got a quote for my highly modified mini its a vauxhall 16v engine rollcage,removable front ect and it was £179 and i thought that was dear.

i dont mean this in an answering back way, but it takes a lot of hard work to keep them on the road! i worked my backside off through the summer to buy my mini, worked on the farm and earned 2k, this put me through my lessons and test, then brought me the car. I then got a job working weekends in a garden centre while i was still at school to pay for insurance, then any money from birthdays or tips or odd jobs i did went towards mods such as the seats, speakers, carpets, dash, arches, fogs, spots, grill, exhaust, air filters, rocker cover etc etc! and im so glad my parents didnt pay for it all, because i now know how much things cost, and when i go into the big wide world i wont get a shock and get myself into debts!

i think you will struggle to get insurance under £2000 if your on your own policy, espec with the air filter, exhaust and manifold, wheels, neons and stereo system!

its personally not my cup of tea, i like things sporty looking but unless your careful in the next few jobs you do, this could verge on being chavvy if im being brutely honest! i think your right though, it does have potential i just hope you can release it!

My car, will never, ever be chavvy, as long as i live. And I'm debating taking the neons out. What would you do with her ?

#41 glyn

glyn

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Local Club: leyland mini club

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

nice looking mini you have there. Where in Lancashire you from might see you bobbing about!! good luck with your insurance hope to see you at some shows next year. :thumbsup: ;)

#42 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

nice looking mini you have there. Where in Lancashire you from might see you bobbing about!! good luck with your insurance hope to see you at some shows next year. :thumbsup: ;)

cheers glyn, lookin to join you guys your club next year if money allows, I'm only in Up Holland near Ormskirk

#43 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Hi again, just a quick question,
How do i get the dash off !!???

#44 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

those dashs normally have brackets on the back, check inside the glove box, loosen that one and work your way along.

Edited by maggies_minder, 25 November 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#45 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

those dashs normally have brackets on the back, check inside the glove box, loosen that one and work your way along.

cheers, will do when it's light haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users