#91 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

and what this club you speak of? is it on facebook? :)

the club i was talking about was ymoc but there has been a suggestion of a rat club if theres enough people going to have them to have a club but ii think a few of us are going for a photoshoot when are cars are sorted

ahh i see... well im in it allready as you can see :thumbsup: theres the old skool club on facebook i think theres a couple of rats on that i'll dig it out....

cool link it up if you can find it we can bombared it with new members lol

#92 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

how can it not suit the car? as she said there is rust all over! so either way its going to be changed, just spray her matt black! :)

it would suit the car, if she changed the wheels, resprayed it, got rid of the spots, got rid of all the chrome, completely changed the interior... then it would look like a god rat car. if not done properly, it looks crap, it's not as straightforward as putting a rusty bonnet on a car.

#93 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

I have noticed that you live in derby mini lover dose this mean this meet/club night will be held in or near derby? If so I am currently living in derby and would like to come along to :thumbsup: can't bring my car though as it is at home in deepest darkest Dorset :thumbsup:

Prob's not mate sorry, mostly meet's at shows, so if your ever at shows then we could meet? :)

#94 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

don't ruin your car...

I have fell in love with the idea now :| I'm going to keep the bonnet what's on it now so if I want to have a normal bonnet I can :thumbsup:

But your car wouldn't suit the rat look at all? you'd have to change pretty much everything... and in which case, good luck with insurance

I'm sure i will be fine :)

#95 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

and what this club you speak of? is it on facebook? :thumbsup:

It's on facebook and got a website, click the link in my signature, and sign up :)

#96 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

how can it not suit the car? as she said there is rust all over! so either way its going to be changed, just spray her matt black! :)

it would suit the car, if she changed the wheels, resprayed it, got rid of the spots, got rid of all the chrome, completely changed the interior... then it would look like a god rat car. if not done properly, it looks crap, it's not as straightforward as putting a rusty bonnet on a car.

I would make it suit it dont you worry guys :thumbsup:

Matt black, rusty bonnet, rusty chrome grille and some starmags :thumbsup:

#97 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

I have already noted the matt black idea down, that's been on the cards for ages :thumbsup:

#98 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

I have already noted the matt black idea down, that's been on the cards for ages :thumbsup:

panda will look awesome sounds like the plans are coming together :thumbsup:

#99 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

panda will look awesome sounds like the plans are coming together :thumbsup:

I have the whole plan now. just one thing im debating..

#100 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Personally, if I was contemplating such a radical change for a car that already looks so pretty in the pics, I would simply sell it on to somebody else & buy an already tatty looking vehicle & start there.

Doing this to Pandora would be such a shame.

#101 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Personally, if I was contemplating such a radical change for a car that already looks so pretty in the pics, I would simply sell it on to somebody else & buy an already tatty looking vehicle & start there.

Doing this to Pandora would be such a shame.

She's really rusty though. I know she looks so shiny on photo's but i had a good look at her the other day and there's loads on her.
She has had 3 colour changes and there's bubble's under the first layer, she just need's a good striping to the metal, welding and re spraying.
Which i will be doing but with Matt Black :thumbsup:

Then she's only having a Rusty Bonnet.
I will still keep good care of her.

Dont worry :)

#102 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

Well if you're bothering doing a bare shell respray, REALLY don't go for the rat look. :)

Restore her instead.

#103 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Well if you're bothering doing a bare shell respray, REALLY don't go for the rat look. :)

Restore her instead.

I'm sorry to let you down, but i'm stuck with the idea now.
The only rusty body part will be the bonnet, and i'm keeping a good one just in case i fancy a change..

#104 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

The only rusty body part will be the bonnet, and i'm keeping a good one just in case i fancy a change..

You're only young. Plenty of time to grow out of it! :)

#105 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

Restore her instead.

im doing a full resto for a ratty it still needs to be solid even though it looks like it does its pointless having a ratty that is all rusty underneath you will need to respray all the time when rust is coming through

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users