207 replies to this topic

#106 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Well if you're bothering doing a bare shell respray, REALLY don't go for the rat look. :)

Restore her instead.

I'm sorry to let you down, but i'm stuck with the idea now.
The only rusty body part will be the bonnet, and i'm keeping a good one just in case i fancy a change..

im doing a full resto for a ratty it still needs to be solid even though it looks like it does its pointless having a ratty that is all rusty underneath you will need to respray all the time when rust is coming through

That's exactly what i'm doing :thumbsup:

#107 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Well if you're bothering doing a bare shell respray, REALLY don't go for the rat look. :)

Restore her instead.

The only rusty body part will be the bonnet, and i'm keeping a good one just in case i fancy a change..

im doing a full resto for a ratty it still needs to be solid even though it looks like it does its pointless having a ratty that is all rusty underneath you will need to respray all the time when rust is coming through

good you dont want her rusting away after a tear of doing her

#108 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Restore her instead.

good you dont want her rusting away after a tear of doing her

She need's loads doing, but all worth it :')

#109 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

#110 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

Thankyou for your suggestions, but don't worry i'm sure you will like her when she's done :thumbsup:

#111 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Local Club: The Beaminster Mini Massive!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

I have noticed that you live in derby mini lover dose this mean this meet/club night will be held in or near derby? If so I am currently living in derby and would like to come along to :) can't bring my car though as it is at home in deepest darkest Dorset :thumbsup:

Prob's not mate sorry, mostly meet's at shows, so if your ever at shows then we could meet? :)

Ok never mind! Probably cya at some shows in the summer then :)
Oh and thanks to everyone for all the complements about my car :) :thumbsup: nice to find people on this forum that like there minis a little different from the norm :)
And good luck with making yours ratty to :)

#112 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

I have noticed that you live in derby mini lover dose this mean this meet/club night will be held in or near derby? If so I am currently living in derby and would like to come along to :) can't bring my car though as it is at home in deepest darkest Dorset :thumbsup:

Prob's not mate sorry, mostly meet's at shows, so if your ever at shows then we could meet? :)

Oh and thanks to everyone for all the complements about my car :) :thumbsup: nice to find people on this forum that like there minis a little different from the norm :)

Yes i hope i see you too!
and Thankyou, I will be making a Thread about my Rat looking.
So Look out :)

#113 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Guy's when i get to a start with my mini i'm going to make a Thread for my mini.
I know i already have one but i want to make on of me making it a rat look.
I will post the link on here when i have it up and you can all be updated!

#114 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

couldnt agree less you need a good shell no matter what look you are going for

#115 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

if you speak to people that know me you will soon know i dont want to go with the norm haha and which minii is yours i cant seem to find which one it is, is it in this thread?

#116 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

I'm never going to change my mind anyway soo..

#117 Green-Chameleon

Green-Chameleon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

I wouldnt say that.

You have literally just got your first mini. The possibilities are endless.

I've been planning on having a mini for about 6 years, that's a lot of changed plans.

My dad showed up last sunday with a nice shiny mini for me. I have changed my mind on how to personalise that like 10 times already.

The possibilities are endless with minis. As soon as you 'decorate' it one way, you'll see another and want it that way.

#118 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

I wouldnt say that.

I've been planning on having a mini for about 6 years, that's a lot of changed plans.

My dad showed up last sunday with a nice shiny mini for me. I have changed my mind on how to personalise that like 10 times already.

The possibilities are endless with minis. As soon as you 'decorate' it one way, you'll see another and want it that way.

I have had a mini since 2006, and since then i have wanted it rat look, and now i have my second one its for deffo !
i can't wait. :thumbsup:

#119 Green-Chameleon

Green-Chameleon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

I wouldnt say that.

I have had a mini since 2006, and since then i have wanted it rat look, and now i have my second one its for deffo !

I'm technically on my 4th.
But this is the first one I will drive having passed.

It's not really the same. I'm counting this 4th as my first.mIt a completely different feeling having one their to drive than having one that you will someday be able to drive. I cant say why or how. But it is.

Just saying, plans may change.

#120 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Restore her instead.

Couldn't agree more

I wouldnt say that.

I'm technically on my 4th.
But this is the first one I will drive having passed.

It's not really the same. I'm counting this 4th as my first.mIt a completely different feeling having one their to drive than having one that you will someday be able to drive. I cant say why or how. But it is.

Just saying, plans may change.

im thinking pandora will be the rat look on (the one im useing as my first car)
and jimmy (my first mini) will be the well looked after one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users