• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#121 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Local Club: The Beaminster Mini Massive!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

I have noticed that you live in derby mini lover dose this mean this meet/club night will be held in or near derby? If so I am currently living in derby and would like to come along to :) can't bring my car though as it is at home in deepest darkest Dorset :thumbsup:

Prob's not mate sorry, mostly meet's at shows, so if your ever at shows then we could meet? :)

Ok never mind! Probably cya at some shows in the summer then :)
Oh and thanks to everyone for all the complements about my car :) :thumbsup: nice to find people on this forum that like there minis a little different from the norm :)
And good luck with making yours ratty to :)

if you speak to people that know me you will soon know i dont want to go with the norm haha and which minii is yours i cant seem to find which one it is, is it in this thread?

it was very kindly posted and complemented by RED HOT on the first page :) and u can see some different photos of my car if you go to my profile and scroll down :)

#122 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

I have noticed that you live in derby mini lover dose this mean this meet/club night will be held in or near derby? If so I am currently living in derby and would like to come along to :) can't bring my car though as it is at home in deepest darkest Dorset :thumbsup:

Prob's not mate sorry, mostly meet's at shows, so if your ever at shows then we could meet? :)

Oh and thanks to everyone for all the complements about my car :) :thumbsup: nice to find people on this forum that like there minis a little different from the norm :)

if you speak to people that know me you will soon know i dont want to go with the norm haha and which minii is yours i cant seem to find which one it is, is it in this thread?

it was very kindly posted and complemented by RED HOT on the first page :) and u can see some different photos of my car if you go to my profile and scroll down :)

to put it bluntly your's is the most amazing rat look i have seen. it puts a hugh smile on my face.
your coming to the photo shoot!

#123 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

ooh i see i likey

#124 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

to put it bluntly your's is the most amazing rat look i have seen. it puts a hugh smile on my face.
your coming to the photo shoot!
[/quote]

thanks :thumbsup: i love that that you like it so much!! :thumbsup: if you need any help or advice about anything i have done to my car that you might wona do to yours dont hesitate to drop me a PM.
and im very flattered to be invited to the photo shoot! would be cool to get some photos done with other ratty minis :) always wanted to put my car in the middle of a scrap yard on a grey day and take some pictures there! i dont no if you would be interested in doing something similar for the shoot?.

#125 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

Haha that sounds like a good idea, as long as they dont mistake mine for one of the scrap cars. Lol :L
your's is amazing :)

#126 hoppinmad

hoppinmad

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

mine in NATO green. possibly going to change colour for next year, matt black or desert sand not sure yet. got some carbon bumbers and poss carbon roof to go on aswell,
Ty

#127 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

mine in NATO green. possibly going to change colour for next year, matt black or desert sand not sure yet. got some carbon bumbers and poss carbon roof to go on aswell,
Ty

Thankyou for the pictures :)

#128 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

First bit of my car has been ordered,
Bonnet straps :')

#129 ministar

ministar

you ate the whole wheel of cheese?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Personally, although the 'rat look' looks good on some cars (mainly vw's), it is paramount to get other structural body work sorted first. I agree with juju in saying if you sell it; how many of the potential market are really looking for a rat look mini?

If it is rusted badly and then get it restored i think you have a better base to work from. At least then the 'rust' parts that you add can easily be taken off. And you even might change your mind and end up not even going down the rat route!

Its up to you really and what you want to get from the car. I just don't want you and other people to spend a fortune on an already rusty car and then it fail the next mot, then with no money end up with no mini at all.

#130 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Personally, although the 'rat look' looks good on some cars (mainly vw's), it is paramount to get other structural body work sorted first. I agree with juju in saying if you sell it; how many of the potential market are really looking for a rat look mini?

If it is rusted badly and then get it restored i think you have a better base to work from. At least then the 'rust' parts that you add can easily be taken off. And you even might change your mind and end up not even going down the rat route!

Its up to you really and what you want to get from the car. I just don't want you and other people to spend a fortune on an already rusty car and then it fail the next mot, then with no money end up with no mini at all.

I'm repairing any rust on it, getting a new re spray.
The only bit what would be rusty is the bonnet!
And with the selling part, i'm not going to sell her. :|

#131 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

i totally agree with this but others above seem to think its pointless restoring the shell and then going rat look which really confuses me and as you say you can always change your mind once you have a good shell

#132 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

i totally agree with this but others above seem to think its pointless restoring the shell and then going rat look which really confuses me and as you say you can always change your mind once you have a good shell

That's True Lee, I'm only having a ratlook bonnet, so if i change my mind all i have to do is buy another and it will be good!

#133 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Ty

love this color! nice work :( think mine might go NATO green this summer if you dont mind me copying? did you spray it on or high gloss roller it?

#134 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

oh and mini lover i just remembered i made a short trailer type film of the work i did to my car. hope you enjoy :(

#135 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

oh and mini lover i just remembered i made a short trailer type film of the work i did to my car. hope you enjoy :(

Thankyou mate, i will have a look :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users