Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hey I've been looking at these mirrors from mini delta:

Mini-Delta

They're the style I'm after, but at 80 quid plus 30 for shipping, plus the added risk of up to 135 quid in duty/tax, I was wondering if these alternatives from Moss were any good?

Moss

Anyone with pictures of these Moss type fitted could you post them up please? I cant see any difference in design, although I know the MINI-delta ones are fine to be used on the doors without not being able to see, whereas I dont know anything about the Moss ones. Are they going to rust within a year and leave me feeling cheated, or will they last? I know good chrome is hard to come by...

PS I know they're not exactly Downton styled, but they're close enough and I like this type better. :)

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

just buy your self a set of the cheap useless chrome wing mirrors and mount them on the stalks from your origenal mirrors

the same looks, save some money and you can see out of them :)

#3 1275GTS

1275GTS

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Local Club: bmc

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

Why not buy a set of downton mirrors and fit them to the standard plastic door mirror stalks like I did. Downton did this in the 90's to their Downton conversions. They cost about £45 for a pair. Oh and you can see out of them as well.

Posted Image

#4 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Sorry but imo that's a bit of a cheat in my eyes and I dont like it. The point of upgrading the mirror is to look good in my opinion, and I really love the little chrome plynth it sits on. You might think I'm being a bit snobbish, but it's the little details that make a big difference ;)
That mini is really nice, big thumbs up on the cosmics :)

#5 1275GTS

1275GTS

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Local Club: bmc

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hey thats your opinion but they are real Downton mirrors and not imitation/copies.

#6 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Yeah I'd seen them on Downton conversions and I liked the mirror itself, but at the time my standard mirror mounts had faded to more grey than black and that put me off them on the Downtons. But I saw one at castle coombe just gone that had a little chrome plynth with the proper downton ones you've got. Wish I'd had a proper look now, they looked perfect!

So has anyone got pics of the Moss ones fitted?

#7 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

might be the useless ones that are to low to see out of

#8 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

That's why I'm asking, no point in having sexy mirrors if the dont work lol. Think the main problem tends to come from people mounting the wing type mirrors on the doors, and it buggers the viewing angles up. But these are designed to mount to the doors so I'd be surprised if they were total cack.

#9 buck

buck

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Can you actually order stuff from mini delta? I had hard time navigating the site but there were some really good bits on there.

#10 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

Gotta send them an email. I've tried buying stuff before now, and the service is very good. But the duty usually ends up putting me off.

#11 buck

buck

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I have some friends in Japan do they have an actual store do you know? might get someone to get me a few bits and post them to me as a gift to avoid duty

#12 southender

southender

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Local Club: not as yet

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

I got a set of mini delta mirrors on my mini, i got them as new, second hand from ebay last year. I think there great, mounted easy on my 1998 mini, using the original mounting holes, and i have no problem using them, loads of rear view vision, better than standard mirrors and some adjustable bullet mirrors i had on my mini previously. I know its all down to what you prefer, but i think there the best looking mirror for a late mini!

Edited by southender, 02 December 2010 - 09:10 PM.

#13 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Here is mine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:44 PM

Mine are actually slightly different to what you are asking about,

I got them from here about a year a go:

http://www.minispare...mp;prod_id=2161

#15 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Great pics thanks guys. IMO that little chrome base makes all the difference. Think I'll go for a set of the Moss ones since the design looks exactly the same as the mini delta ones.

With regards to buying off them, again the best way is via email. If you can get parts over here as gifts from japan then I'd be interested in a few pieces thats for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users