jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

snap :thumbsup:
looks like a good shell, no nasty holes cut where you dont want em, i had to fill quite a few of mine....

Ed

Haha, its been my favorite grill for a long time. Yours definately swayed it for me though.

I don't think any other grill would look quite right without a mostache.

I have a couple of problem areas at the front but they shouldn't be to hard to sort out!

#47 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

Edited by jonny f, 16 March 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#48 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

;)

I presume you got the doors from arc angels. What are the inside bottoms like? do they still look as if the door has just been chopped and butt welded with a piece of metal or does the door card inlay part carry on round rather than getting cut off? I was going to buy some fibreglass doors but i want winders. Oh well i'm having my doors dipped and e coated anyway:). Good update though i can definitely appreciate it as doors are such a big part on a minus :thumbsup:
Regards Blue

#49 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

this thread is giving me ideas...

#50 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

snap :-
looks like a good shell, no nasty holes cut where you dont want em, i had to fill quite a few of mine....

Ed

Haha, its been my favorite grill for a long time. Yours definately swayed it for me though.

I have a couple of problem areas at the front but they shouldn't be to hard to sort out!

yer agreed...

i put some black foam door insulation strip behind my grill, it was self adhesive so i stuck it to the grill, and so the foam meant the grill 'sealed' onto the front, plus, then it didn't scratch the paint...

Ed

#51 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

snap :P

Ed

yer agreed...

i put some black foam door insulation strip behind my grill, it was self adhesive so i stuck it to the grill, and so the foam meant the grill 'sealed' onto the front, plus, then it didn't scratch the paint...

Ed

Thanks for the tip, will do that also. Don't want the fresh paint getting ruined!

#52 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

snap :P

Ed

yer agreed...

Ed

Thanks for the tip, will do that also. Don't want the fresh paint getting ruined!

What colour are you going for jonny?

#53 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

If all goes to plan.....

Posted Image

Island Blue

#54 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

If all goes to plan.....

Posted Image

Island Blue

So a more classic colour nice. I'm not having a classic colour just because it won't go with all the stuff to go on! I'm actually in the middle of designing a vinyl badge for the bonnet. I'm not sure i want to post pictures up though as i want it to be unique!
Regards Blue

Edited by blue blood, 06 February 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#55 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Yea, i much prefer the classic racer look, low, 10inch wheels and simple mods.

Edited by jonny f, 12 July 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#56 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Yea, i much prefer the classic racer look, low, 10inch wheels and simple mods. How are you getting on with the build up to a Q plate?

Ha ha almost back seat at the moment really due to uni. In two weeks time i will be freed up a little so want to do a few things then like trial fit my new beam and make the bulge for my bonnet and stuff. What about your steps to a Q?
Regards Blue

#57 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Yea sounds like a good plan. I think my bonnet will be one of the last things I do. I would imagine it will be a mass of bulges!

Edited by jonny f, 12 July 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#58 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

what you are you doing your apprenticeship in? I did think promotive kit but i know i can nock up a 2.0L Vauxhall engine subframe for a hell of a lot less money! I really want to start trial fitting things and re skin and hang the doors. Also fit my boot lid and fibreglass the internal hinges on to it. Well i think we can have a race to who puts their minus together first and register it >_< Regards Blue

#59 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Engineering, electrical/electronic with a bit of mechanical as well. I work on the new shuttle between terminals at gatwick, pretty interesting.

I think that would be quite a fair race really! Although my shell has never really been started so im a bit behind in that respect. I have all my stuff built up but its just in a different shell.

#60 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

if only i had some time and money to get on with my minus again... looks like i may be keeping it as it hasnt sold... you two are making me want to take it all apart and start again!!

Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users