#61 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

im planning on modifying the metro manifold to accept the t2, im not worried if i have to have a bulkhead box, as itll be more clearence.

In that case, see if you can get a gt17 turbo on it from saab.

A lot more efficient.

#62 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

trouble is they're a lot more money, expect to pay around £300 for a useable one unless you drop on one cheap. most of the cheap ones on ebay are *******!

they've also got a round turbine inlet which i'd guess would take some fancy adapter plate making. Can't remember if robert (ivanhoew) on here uses the metro manifold with his gt17.

#63 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

trouble is they're a lot more money, expect to pay around £300 for a useable one unless you drop on one cheap. most of the cheap ones on ebay are *******!

they've also got a round turbine inlet which i'd guess would take some fancy adapter plate making. Can't remember if robert (ivanhoew) on here uses the metro manifold with his gt17.

he does, he's slotted the turbo to fit on the metro manifold, i've done the same but i'm going to cut back the port seperators on the manifold and square off the exhaust housing on the gt17.

everyone seems to be going turbo recently! :D

#64 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

he does, he's slotted the turbo to fit on the metro manifold, i've done the same but i'm going to cut back the port seperators on the manifold and square off the exhaust housing on the gt17.

everyone seems to be going turbo recently! :D

It's the expense of the gt17 thats putting me off. Im going for the t3 ive got as thats the easiest.

I've noticed a load of people starting to convert to turbo recently. Ive been in the process of converting for nearly a year now and still no where near.

#65 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

ive became bored of messing around with n/a engines now, mines fairly quick, but doesnt come onto cam until at least 3k, so its a right dog if i try pootling around, but its fun when it does get on cam, but my biggest issue is the fuel consumption is a bit silly. Also im now known as a hooligan for my driving style :D not only that, but the mini must produce more power than the new race car at work, lol. And its something interesting to focus on.

Edited by samsfern, 18 January 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#66 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

i should be picking up a good 1340/1380 (the bloke cant remember which is it) tomorrow, and he is giving me a T2 turbo with it, looks like ill be going turbo too :P should turn some heads in a clubby van! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users