#62 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

I dunno how many posts I have made but it's going to take me a while to get to 150 I guess but in jan I'm goin to pay the fiver, I run a company and know how much time and money the web stuff takes up and a fiver is nothing!
If that's not enough, I know NOTHING about mechanics, I'll get there eventually but for me this forums existence means I can own a mini because I can ask for help! I payed £12 for my Haynes manual and didn't bat an eyelid, so what's a fiver for all the info that's on here?

I have been on here about a month and the forum has saved me more than once! I think that fiver will be the best investment I will ever make! I have also met some great people on here!

It will be a while until I can post in the wanted section, so what? While I'm waiting I am lapping up the knowledge of some of the biggest miniheads in the country, TMF+ is only a fiver? Jokes on you TMF! It's not enough!

Happy new year guys!
Have some trust in the mods and admins, they know what they are doing!

#63 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

one for Deathrow

is it even possible to have a different post count of the for sale and wanted sections ?

you might be arguing over something that can't be changed

I maybe wrong but I think the restrictions are for the "Noobies" group as a whole. It is this group who cannot post in the wanted/sale sections.

#64 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

My control at the top ^ then at the bottom on the left in the side bar thing look for 'purchase paid subscriptions' ;D

Heres the link

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=152469

Thanks, have now paid :gimme:

#65 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

My control at the top ^ then at the bottom on the left in the side bar thing look for 'purchase paid subscriptions' ;D

Heres the link

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=152469

Thanks, have now paid :gimme:

Thanks for that and may I be the first to say that gold really suits you!!

#66 jay whiting

jay whiting

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Local Club: Gloucesters Mini-Rebels

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Like most, i dont know how many posts i have done, and as from the start of this thread i can see both sides of the discussion. Now i know i have paid the £5 to become TMF+ and thus get the rights to ask/advertise in the WANTED section even if i dont have 150 post count. But from my point of view, i paid the £5 so that i could view the site to the fullest, to be a TMF+, to get the discounts and so i could use the membership number it produces and get the discounts i now get on my insurance. It also allows me to have the right to advertise in the traders section.

Looking at what i have so far had for my £5

Ive saved £40 in the wanted section on parts ive managed to find
Ive saved £88.40 on insurance
ive seen parts of the forum i would not have been able to see/post on
Ive got the starage space for picys to be able to document my rebuild

All this for £5. IMO thats worth the £5. Being as im also a member of another 5 car clubs (not mini) i have also seen how clubs/forums can grow by doing this and have also seen how organisers allow more space for club stands, this in my opinion is also a good thing, it helps show a club/forum for its size and commitment and draws new members because of it. This on its own alows a club to grow and produce revinue which in turn allows said club to be able to purchase things like: Banners, club packs, Flags, Marquee, BBQ, lighting, generators, seating etc etc. The more of this stuff a club has, the better the stand looks and the more people take note.

Im not saying that 150 post count to allow entry to the wanted section is right, but all clubs/forums need a bench mark figure. 150 is in my opinion high for a wanted section but again £5 isnt much to over come this and the benifit you gain from £5 is high and in my opinion worth every penny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users