• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#31 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

I think I'm going again this year.
Missed last year's. :)

Mr Juju has already let me know in no uncertain terms that he will not be joining me. :thumbsup:

I think it might be a day for just me and my Matilda. :D

#32 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

£25 if you are a member of LSMOC and you can apply now, or £30 if you are not a member and get the form from Miniworld when they print it.

£30!!! is that what it costs these days jeez!!! In which case I'll definitely be cheating again this year, by joining the run along the way and parking in a public car park in Brighton when I get there!! OK I won't get a runpack, or get to park on Medira Drive either, but then I also won't have to get up at some ridiculous hour, spend half the day sitting in a que at crystal palace or pay £30 for the privilege either!! :D

....& before anyone starts with the "there would be no run at all, if everyone did that!!" line, yes you are quite correct and I am eternally greatfull to all of you that pay your £30 for the run to exist, so that tight wads like me have something to hijack!! :thumbsup:

Edited by AVV IT, 20 January 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#33 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

im going to be booking my ticket as soon as i can when is this by the way, then i will just be hoping my mini is done but if it isnt there will be a ticket for sale/ freebies from me

#34 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

£30!!! is that what it costs these days jeez!!! In which case I'll definitely be cheating again this year,

I buy a ticket AND cheat. :thumbsup:

I sleep in my own bed, leave home at 6.3- - 7.00, park outside CP, run in & get my pack, then leave with the first cars, and get to Madeira Drive in time for a nice spot. :D I call it civilised.

#35 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

£30!!! is that what it costs these days jeez!!! In which case I'll definitely be cheating again this year,

I sleep in my own bed, leave home at 6.3- - 7.00, park outside CP, run in & get my pack, then leave with the first cars, and get to Madeira Drive in time for a nice spot. :D I call it civilised.

Ermmmm..... Now I'm not exactly sure whether I would describe that as the "best" or "worst of both worlds" !!! :)

Edited by AVV IT, 20 January 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#36 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

Ermmmm..... Now I'm not exactly sure whether I would describe that as the "best" or "worst of both worlds" !!! :)

Ha haa! For me it's the best.
I don't want to (try to) sleep in a park in Saaaaf Lahndahn with a bunch of highly bevvied loud strangers & then drive my precious car in a mahoosive traffic jam with sleep deprivation & a hangover. :)
I wants me run pack, I wants me snoozies, and I wants to wave at all the lovely people of Southern England who line the streets, be in a convoy, see the show & stroll along the seafront munching chips & mushy peas or an icecream (or both). So ner. :)

#37 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

That said, I've just re-read my original thread back and now I'm developing something of conscience about not paying all the time!! .... So what time do you need to get to crystal palace in order to sneak in and get your run pack??

Edited by AVV IT, 20 January 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#38 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

That said, I've just re-read my original thread back and now I'm developing something of conscience about not paying all the time!! .... So what time do you need to get to crystal palace in order to sneak in and get your run pack??

Ha haaaaa! Guilt works its wicked way..... :D

About 8 at the latest, really.

#39 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

Ha haaaaa! Guilt works its wicked way..... :sneaky:

About 8 at the latest, really.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll be there sneaking in with you this year then..... or even better, you could create a diversion whilst I sneak in past the marshalls, then when I'm safely on the "inside", I can throw a rope of notted bedsheets over the wall (well hedge actually), so you can climb over too..... just like "The Great Escape" (...only not actually escaping from anywhere, or digging a tunnel for that matter... so not really like the great escape at all in actual fact!! :) )

#40 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Yup will be there as usual! :)

#41 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

I have applied already because I am a LSMOC member and guaranteed a ticket (at £25 for members), but according to the club mag, Mini Torque, the application forms for everyone else are in the March edition of Mini World, which apparently comes out at the end of January, so you had better start looking out for it from now on.

#42 samini96

samini96

Secondary account for samini86

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Local Club: Hull Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Im going hopefully!

#43 GINO R32

GINO R32

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Im gona go to this as iv only ever been once which was about 6years ago (slap me)
I dont think my mini likes going lol

#44 tom3112

tom3112

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Got my March Edition of Miniworld, sending my application form later today :(

#45 RsSpyder

RsSpyder

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

Just posted off my application. Hopefully should get a ticket - third year running i'll have gone. Doubt the old mini will be ready so it looks like it will probably be a MINI again this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users