Photo

Looking To Launch A Blow Through Supercharger Kit

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Gauging demand for a blow through kit (134 member(s) have cast votes)

If the option of a blow through or suck through supercarger kit was available, which one would you choose?

1. Suck through Kit (17 votes [12.69%])

Percentage of vote: 12.69%

2. Blow through kit (117 votes [87.31%])

Percentage of vote: 87.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

We will have a car with the kit fitted for any customers seriously looking to buy our blow through setup.
As with all these kind of things, the proof is in the pudding! We are proud of our kit and and appreciate that people may want to 'test drive' it before parting with their hard earned cash. One drive out in the demo car is all it will take to prove how well it works and no one will forget that charger whine!

#32 si-supercharger

si-supercharger

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hi all

We are looking at releasing a blow through kit for carb and SPI minis ( not sure on MPI just yet) and looking for a little feed back and views from people either looking to supercharge their mini or just curious about how the kit will work.

We have booked a stand at Bingley this month and will have the car on display. We are hoping to have prices available by then and be on hand to answer any queries potential customers may have and possibly start it up a few times for people to see and hear it running (if allowed).

From this poll, we are looking for people to give reasons why they would choose one kit over the other so we can try and match typical demand, but will also sell parts of the kit separately for those that may have already collected parts over time.

For anyone curious about what the kit looks like, the car is being featured in Mini Magazine this month (out on 14th Jan) and might give an idea of what to expect before the show on 30th Jan.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I've just received my copy of mini mag in the post today & had a quick butchers at the odd video you have posted on the web etc. I'm very impressed & keen on this idea, due to issues with heat & carb icing etc that come with suck through set up's. I'm currently building a s/charged suck though set up with all the best bits from companies out there, plus a few one off's (nearly completed). But if this set-up was available to buy in bits, seeing as I have many parts already I would ditch the suck thorugh parts via ebay, and buy your parts to complete a blow-through conversion instead. I will be at bingley at the end of ther month and would appreciate a good chat about the whole setup & possibility of buying what I need.

#33 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hi Si

Ive not seen the mag yet, hope it looks good!!

When we launch the kit, we anticipate the majority of customers will be existing suck through users, looking to convert to the blow through system we have.
From the outset, we have always intended to sell our kit in component form which will enable people to purchase exactly what they need.

We will look forward to meeting and chatting with you and anyone else interested in the kit at Bingley.

#34 mini.cooper998

mini.cooper998

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

moving from the suck through to blow through how do you intend on dealing with the non turbo carbs most people will have
Andy

#35 bunch1980

bunch1980

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: nein

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

Also if we have stock car mine being a 1275cc carb Sprite, Im hoping to have it on megajolt in near future that will help some what i guess. But is the compression etc still
needed to be lowered? and what other mods needed to a stock engine? and can i use my HIF 38 first and upgrade to bigger carb late like a HIF 44?

This Slark racing doing this and in the mag? Im waiting to get a copy in the week none of shops do it near me ahhhhh

#36 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

We can supply the turbo carb if needed, that's not a problem.

I'm at slarks all weekend finishing up the kit and still developing it further. Lets just say there will be quite a surprise at Bingley!!

We will be using our facebook page to keep people updated with where we are with everything.
http://www.facebook....0...455&sk=wall

So take a look and send a friend request. It was only setup yesterday so is only just getting started, but its the place to go for latest updates and news!!

Edited by johnnysti, 21 January 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#37 bunch1980

bunch1980

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: nein

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks looking forward to seeing this and how much it will be, be good to be able to buy it by bit for me lol, just downloaded the mini mag to looks good!

Just sent of my friend request for FB!!

We can supply the turbo card if needed, that's not a problem.

I'm at slarks all weekend finishing up the kit and still developing it further. Lets just say there will be quite a surprise at Bingley!!

We will be using our facebook page to keep people updated with where we are with everything.
http://www.facebook....0...455&sk=wall

So take a look and send a friend request. It was only setup yesterday so is only just getting started, but its the place to go for latest updates and news!!

#38 mini.cooper998

mini.cooper998

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

will you be offering a carb conversion kit to turbo

or will you need to buy a turbo carb to fit it

Andy

#39 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

will you be offering a carb conversion kit to turbo

or will you need to buy a turbo carb to fit it

Andy

Hi Andy

We will be able to offer a new turbo carb or a conversion. We will keep people posted on the facebook page

#40 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

This could be a very good seller, Rover didn't build a blow through (turbo) setup for nout.

With blow through you get better throttle responce, better starting and idle, less chance of carb icing, the charger stays cooler and lasts longer, you can run an intercooler meaning more boost...

I hated my suck through charger setup, the kit was poorly thought out and i had sooooo many issues with it, in the end i got rid of it. If there was a blow through kit - i may be tempted into going back down the charger route...

Hi,

Who did you get your dodgy charger kit from?

#41 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

can you please take photos of the kit at bingley because i can't make it.

#42 JakeJakeJake

JakeJakeJake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Blow through sounds good however if it is much better then why is it so rare compared to suck through? Just people playing it safe and doing what everyone else has done?

If I were to choose between the two I would go for blow though, from what I have read it seems much better, but if I were to actually do it I would need to know how much it would cost. You mentioned the kit now will be different to the kit in 12 months due to development would this not put off early adopters?

Edited by JakeJakeJake, 17 January 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#43 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

Blow through sounds good however if it is much better then why is it so rare compared to suck through? Just people playing it safe and doing what everyone else has done?

If I were to choose between the two I would go for blow though, from what I have read it seems much better, but if I were to actually do it I would need to know how much it would cost. You mentioned the kit now will be different to the kit in 12 months due to development would this not put off early adopters?

As we are looking to get the best from the system, continuous development will will always bring about change. Due to us selling everything in component form, people will be able to purchase items as upgrades to the latest spec if needs be.
We never set out on this to leave the launch kit as the only version available. It will always evolve and we want our system to have the ability to incorporate other variations of the A-Series engine.
For example, the kit that will be on show at Bingley will show a significant redesign to the initial prototype kit as we feel it will make a more universal setup and better use of space.

#44 shaddy

shaddy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

i look forward to hearing more about this as i'm building a suck through Rotrex at the moment and would very much like to go down the blow through instead. so the avilabilty of component parts would be very good and i would be interested.

not sure if i will be at bingley which would be a shame, photo's would be good anybod

#45 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

Right guys and gals!!

All set for the launch at Bingley this weekend. Had loads of emails and questions on the web site and also the facebook page.
My car will be at the show with a somewhat different system to what appeared in mini mag this month! So expect a surprise!!
As this is the launch of the system, we have compiled a 'flyer' for anyone that comes along to the stand to take away. For anyone who sadly is unable to attend, we will update our web site to include the flyer and further details. We can also send them over via email if required. Just PM me your email address either on TMF or our facebook page (slark racing).
We will not have any components to sell at the show but can take orders. We anticipate that we will be able to supply the components by the middle of Feb.

So i guess i better get onto the mods and become a trader!! doh :thumbsup:

Hope to see everyone there and for those that can't make it, i will get plenty of pics done and maybe speak to you guys soon!

Johnny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users