#16 t@z

t@z

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: www.turbominis.co.uk

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

well a bit of a good day i think! supermottolee popped over and as i wont lie i was struggling with panicing so its nice to have a clam head about you to look at things logically as me, myself and i were struggling a bit :thumbsup:

so my complications of the exhaust down pipe sitting to lower than expected resulted in chopping down the elbow to bring the down pipe up and some adjusting, grinding and well you can see from the piccys. Le has it now to get welded by someone who can weld then i'll fit it.

big thanks to lee really appreciated his help on this!!

piccys below.

Posted Image
IMG_0723 by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_0724 by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_0725 by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

t

#17 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

well few hours spent on the car fitting the exhaust and elbow.......what a *******!

had a bit of an issue whereby because of the new angle off the elbow it was fairly if not impossible to get a nut on there so i had to cut the stud down i then spent about 20 mins trying to get it to catch with washer but it was not having any of it so i just had to make do with a nut.

happy with how the exhaust sits under the car nice and high, was worried it would hit the gear hanger but a crowbar and some forcing over helped move it over :thumbsup:

right pics

Posted Image
turbo manifold by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
exhaust elbow by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
exhaust car on 4 wheels by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
exhaust rear by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
manifold exhaust excl carb by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
engine manifold-wastegate by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

t

#18 jinjrich

jinjrich

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: YMMOC

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

I have to say i really like this car. Keep it up mate!!

#19 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

still bits n bobs to do like tidying engine bay and doing screamer pipe and centre console and intercooler etc but least it runs

the oil i think is where i had a miss hap oil leakage on the rocker seal and i didnt have the spark plugs in properly!

chuffed none the less

#20 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

your my hero!

#21 smtaylor3

smtaylor3

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

very nice build looks brilliant , any further progress or pics? :D

#22 Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

Really like this mate, got a load of turbo bits myself, tempted to build a turbo 998 now..

#23 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

Just a quick update, havent worked on this in ages but i have although ish. only just been the wiring and headlights and sorting the centre console etc

sorted the valve clearances as you can tell from the vid there not set right and got a box of IC bits today so hopefully tomorrow i'll have that all mounted and plumbed

piccys to follow.

#24 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

well i've been lazy and no excuses but i've been busy the last few weeks fitting headlights and finishing the wiring and dash etc all boring stuff really

piccy below is the IC in its place, bonnet shuts and well just need some metal to make some brackets but other than that happy with it; of and clips for the hoses.

Posted Image
intercooler by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

still to do is

- make screamer pipe (doing this sat)
- bleed brakes
- check wiring
- check MJ signal as i've yet to get it working on my mac :(

#25 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

busy morning, (removed piccy above as was crap)
realised my sister had an old dell with a serial port, bonus :) so i hooked that up and loaded some 1293 16psi map onto it which should be better than the std MJ map. (for now)
went to b&q got some metal to make an IC bracket thing/holder and also some tabs to sit under the IC so it doesn't touch the solenoid. Bonnet still closes after some fiddling so happy with that as if im honest i was deading the whole bonnet closing ordel. got it all mounted then realised i had to take it all off again to drill holes to mount the coil pack....pain in the arse and no work on the car would be complete without a cut above the nail; ******* wont stop bleeding lol
updated piccys below, im kinda happy with it.
Posted Image
ic front by lilpinkiy, on Flickr
Posted Image
ic top by lilpinkiy, on Flickr
tomorrow i'm going to bleed the brakes and check the hub nuts and put it back on wheels.....erm then maybe go up and down the road :/ then start on the screamer pipe so i can give it to lee next to weld.
t

#26 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

lee popped over last night and we got the screamer pipe kinda sorted so he has that now to get welded and then i'll need to do some cutting but to be honest it was easier than i thought it would; mainly as we kinda settled for the easiest option. i was going to try and route down the back of the engine but it was so tight and the angles were a pain in the bee-hind and we was concerned with it being to close to the driveshaft boot. but i'll update you with piccys maybe next week when i get it on.

tried bleeding the brakes and there was a bit of pipe we reused that did sit flush in the joiner so it leaked so i need to try and ge to think auto sometime which could be a royal pain as they are not open saturday.

also started it and ran the car for a bit put a different map on it as it didnt like to start on the map i put on it and i couldnt work out if it was my sisters laptop but it wouldnt read the revs for some strange reason. the minute we took of the choke the thing also died so carbs coming off maybe tonight if i'm home for a clean.

seems like the little bits are never ending and esp the daylight after work is getting less and less!

#27 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

well my idling issues kinda continue.

i checked everything over and sealed the blocked bit on the carb better and checked the vacum and appeared to be ok, i also found a seal thing for the dash pot oil top and fitted that before i packed up but that wasn't on when i was testing the idle. i tighten'd up the manifold studs but will check the carb over better in more light sunday morning.

i have needle BDD and the mixture screw was wound in i think to get it to this point.

Posted Image
carb_fp by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

Posted Image
carb_connections by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

videos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilpinkiy/6175431477/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilpinkiy/6175417263/in/photostream/

headache :(

Edited by t@z, 23 September 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#28 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

so anyway ball ache of trying to get it idling actually turned out to be pretty simple.... embarrassingly i couldn't see the idle screw because the IC pipe coming out of the plenum was blocking me from seeing it when i looked directly at the top and to be honest i never thought to look that side; anyway i was a tit head so there we go!

sat morning i got up early and went to collect the bit of brake pipe that my uncle had got from thinkauto for me for me, when i got home i set about working on the mini.

- i fitted the brake pipe bit and then bleed them
- got it idling and running a bit ish better
- cut down and fitted screamer pipe with relevant mods for venting gases

i got a bit stuck here as i still couldn't find the nipple screw thing to hold the throttle cable on the carb and well just fortunately enough that simon (madmk1) text me and i asked him....few text's later and once i had tided up and sorted myself out i popped over to his chatted for a bit and tried to work out why his engine bay looks so big and mine so small lol and collected the little bit he had spare once i had shown him on his carb what bit it was.

today i got up early and was outside with excitement of driving my car just up the road after coming off the road on 30 Sep 2009!!

anyway go the bit simon gave me and.....
Posted Image
nipple_wont_fit by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

needless to say i was a bit gutted and spent about 10 minutes working out if i had anything at all to work with :S after a brian storm and forcing myself not to give up at this hurdle and my initial disappointment i got out my dremel some attachment i had i dunno a green thing and spent the next 30-40 mins slowly working at it stopping and starting...checking and this was the outcome.

Posted Image
nipple fit by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

mega chuffed

i got bored so took this i kinda like it...
Posted Image
austinframe by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

will upload a vid later maybe;

but massive thanks to simon; sir your a life saver :)

#29 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

not the best just up and down the road really with some ipod music and a old motorbike.......ignore the pants haha :)

http://www.youtube.c...iy?feature=mhee

#30 t@z

t@z

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

i almost forgot i had a car then......

i've done nothing to it sadly, its just i had a really busy quarter and well i'm imagining that we will now get snow jan-mar time so theres no rush to get it finihsed.

although all that needs doing is plugging in headlights and indicators and tidying up the screamer pipe outlet. but lost motivation at the moment.

on a brighter note i though i would use something genious to protect my screamer pipe from filling up with water/snow/flies/cattle over the winter.
Posted Image
safety first by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

also pretty chuffed it first for the first time with no issues in the freezing cold last week and ran perfect :) gave me some hope.
http://www.flickr.co...kiy/6543612689/

Edited by t@z, 23 December 2011 - 11:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users