7 replies to this topic

#1 daveirish1

daveirish1

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:50 PM

back 2 exhaust mountings broke, just snapped between the body and the exhaust ( :erm: maybe it was that rock the other day? :nugget: ). is it worth trying to gret them welded or should i just get 2 new mountings?(where?)

#2 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:29 PM

could you put a pic up of your car?

#3 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:28 PM

Which bit snapped, the rubber or the metal??

Idealy you want it to hang on something that will alow the exhaust to move, so it can move with the engine as it rocks backward and forward as you excellerate and slow down, or it will work its way off the manifold.

#4 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

not always found but try huddersfield spares or the mini shop london, phone them up and tell them what you need, looking at there adds doesn't always list what they hold.......

#5 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

the centeral once, or the rear one going from the subframe as both of mien come fromt here rer subframe not ther body work

#6 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:33 PM

Try your local motor factors for the parts. If you can get the later, twin rear mount bracket, it uses 2 bobins in place of the one. Mini spares do an uprated centre mount, but the std ones are OK if fitted correctly.

Siggy

#7 daveirish1

daveirish1

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:52 AM

its the metal that cracked on both, i'd say your right bluemini, because now the way the exhaust hangs its bout half an inch further back than where it should be. was talking to my local minichanic and he's got those bobbin things so i'll call up to him in the morn, he's also scrapping a mini with a walnut dash, so gettin that for cheap! until of course i make my turned aluminium one :grin:
also lads, only noticed it today, heaps of smoke comin out of exhaust when stopped and engine is warm(at the lights, etc.) its not black, just normal, but it bananas covers the car!!? any ideas? :)

p.s. collected over €200 already for mizen2malin charity run yay me :smartass:

#8 daveirish1

daveirish1

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 02:57 PM

cheers for the help lads :sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users