11 replies to this topic

#1 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

I am trying to get my Hayabusa engine running, I sent the loom of to Z-Cars to be modified, It was duly returned and was connected up as per the labels, the engine turns over fine but I have no power from the fuel pump relay (no click) and as it seems that the fuel pump relay is on the same circuit as the ignition system I have no spark :thumbsup: .
I spoke to Chris who asked for the loom to be returned for checking and he can find nothing wrong with it....

I have trawled the internet and have found that my ECU (part No. 32920-24FG) is a 32 BIT European version as is the stator on the engine.

I have found a few wiring diagrams that go further than the Haynes manual showing the pin-outs for the ECU but unfortunately nothing specifically fro the Euro ECU, I have joined a couple of forums and will post there soon, but hopefully someone here will be able to help........

Has anyone any experience or help they can offer to me (and Chris) to get this thing sorted??

Thanks

Martin

Edited by rustandoil, 16 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#2 drayton min man

drayton min man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hi Martin

Do you know what model engine you are using (k7/8 and what 'E' No), if you can provide these i can probably help.

Geoff

#3 Poly_Patje

Poly_Patje

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

Martin, I know my way around with the loom and ECU swaps between 16-bit to 32-bit ECU and placing the narrowband lambda sensor back into the 32-bit ECU after modifying the loom.
The only downside is that I am not living in the UK...

Patrick

#4 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the replies

I don't have too much information on my engine, but I was told that it was out of a 2005 bike with few miles on it, I have emailed the seller who has yet to respond :xxx:
I have spoken to two Suzuki dealers one of which told me that my engine was a 2002 the other said that they could not get any age details from engine number alone!? my engine No. is W701-157651

I have searched for information on the web and feel confident to say that my engine is a K2 variant, Plastic thermostat housing, 3100 ml marked on the oil filler, PAIR system operated by electrical solenoid (now removed) and 32BIT stator (24 minus 1 triggers)
As I have said my ECU marked with the part No. 32920-24FG0 my loom has been modified by Z-Cars.

The lambda sensor (that's what Suzuki call the oxygen sensor right?) the wiring for that has been removed by Z-Cars, and the exhaust manifold supplied with my engine had no threaded insert for it.

From my research am I correct in saying that there are little or no differences from K2 right up to K7 ?

I hope this enough information for you to at last give me some pointers :P

Currently my loom and ECU are still with Z-Cars :thumbsup:

Martin

#5 drayton min man

drayton min man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hi Martin

Has Chris had both of these items back because of the problems your having? if so, knowing Chris he will actually try these on a donor engine to make sure both are ok, if the problem still persists afterwards there may be an issue with a sensor on the engine itself (easy to test if thats the case) or possibly the ignition set up if using the original ignition barrel, are you sure all the earth points are good as sometimes its difficult to get a good earth through the powder coating.

At this point i think its best to wait until Chris returns them with his verdict.

Geoff

#6 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for your thoughts

Chris has had back (and still has) my loom for inspection and my ECU

Last time I spoke to him he said something like "I don't know what's goin' on with t' F&*^%$in' thing" :thumbsup:

Martin

#7 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

Hello there are a couple things that could be going on if you haven't figured it out yet. 99 and 2000 had different ecu s and wiring harnass in 2001 they upgraded the wiring harnass to the 02 to 07 harnass but in 01 they had the older ecu and a different stator rotor. If your ecu is the older ecu you will not have the fuel pump come on.
If your ecu is fatter where it plugs in and goes real then about a quarter of the way in that's the new ecu. The old ecu is pretty thick all the way acrossed. If you need me to I can take a couple pictures of the 2 ecu's and a picture of the different stator rotors. If that's not it try looking at the ground wire by the battery you will see a little black clip that's a little wire that is grounded with regular ground. Cut the harnass off and put wires together. That harnass fails alot. Hope this helped out

#8 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi thanks for the reply,

This is all sorted now :) Z-Cars re-worked my loom and it was returned with everything working as it should, took Chris some time to sort it but he got there in the end :)
Could not see much difference in the appearance of the loom apart from the addition of this rather curious device mounted in a very sturdy moulding with a metal lid.
Posted Image

#9 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

that looks like a tilt sensor?

Ed

#10 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I have never seen inside a tilt sensor, there is no indication for its orientation so i don't think its one of those :shy:

#11 minibusa

minibusa

Previously known as jamie m

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

it is a tilt sensor and z cars remove the tilt function and fill it with silicone lol so it thinks your always the right way up, mines the same as that

#12 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

Having looked at some on-line photos it seems you are correct in saying its a tilt sensor :shy: will do more research with the Haynes manual........

How does it work then? and how has this one been disabled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users