red_mini_MMM

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Price Drop! £795 ono

Hi there.

I am selling this Mini Clubman (Harvey) on behalf of my step mum. She has owned the car for nearly 8 years now and will be very sad to see him go :D

It is 1970 Automatic, therefore TAX EXEMPT (this will save you a few £££'s over the years)

It has some really nice features. The full Webasto sunroof is one of my favourites, great in the summer. The 6x10 Dunlop period alloys are rare all with good tyres.
The interior is lovely. All of it is matching, including the seats, door cards and carpets and is in great condition. There is a Walnut dashboard, including air vents and the vinyl top and bottom rail. On the dash there is a mounted Smiths rev counter.
The steering wheel is a Mountney one and cost nearly £100 (the original one will be included).

There is a JVC CD player fitted in the dash and a set of Infinity speakers mounted under the rear seat.

It recently failed the MOT but doesn't require a great deal of work. The following will need doing to pass the MOT:

o/s front suspension has excessice play in lower suspension ball joint
n/s front (sill) suspension component mounting area corroded
o/s rear radius arm has excessive play in pin/bearing
Rear subframe corroded and seriously weakened
Parking and service brake efficiency below requirements
Front brakes imbalanced. (it has drum brakes all round)

The bodywork could do with a bit a TLC, has rust in all the usual places, however it still looks the part. The engine is a 998cc Automatic. Starts first time. The engine sounds sweet but could probably do with a good service.

The mileage on the clock is 90,793 believed to be genuine and has lots of history. The previous owner also owned this car for 8 years and restored it in the late 90's.

It has been stored under a car port for the last 8 years.

Also included are the original black and silver pressed number plates and a spare set of keys. One set is original.

This is a great little Mini and with a bit of work will give someone the same pleasure as my step mum has had for the last 8 years.

I am located in St Austell, Cornwall. Viewing recommended.

Now PRICE DROPPED TO £795 ono ... was £1100 ono

Please call 07732540157.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by red_mini_MMM, 02 May 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#2 buster_mr_b

buster_mr_b

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

nice clubman, whats the best price you could do. as i would be comming from Birmingham to collect

#3 red_mini_MMM

red_mini_MMM

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hi there. Pm'd.

Open to offers :)

#4 moss71

moss71

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

£600 considering the work required... New Rear Subby, welding etc etc ?? Please Pm if interested to haggle.

#5 slivers501

slivers501

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

£600 considering the work required... New Rear Subby, welding etc etc ?? Please Pm if interested to haggle.

ive all ready offer £700 for it and was turned down straight away

#6 wassupcrew

wassupcrew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

the only thing thats keeping the price up is its tax exempt. looked at it and it needs new a panels, passenger sill inner and outer, drivers sill probably as its been patched alot, boot lid as its all blistered. imho its only worth £300 due to all the work needed for mot and all the extra stuff thats gonna need doing

#7 red_mini_MMM

red_mini_MMM

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

the only thing thats keeping the price up is its tax exempt. looked at it and it needs new a panels, passenger sill inner and outer, drivers sill probably as its been patched alot, boot lid as its all blistered. imho its only worth £300 due to all the work needed for mot and all the extra stuff thats gonna need doing

Thanks for your valuable comments, its a great help.

So back to the people that are genuinely interested the mini is still for sale, we are in no rush so feel free to come and view the car, make your own mind up >_<
Its a great little mini, but yes it does require some work, for the right person it will be well worth it.
Thanks for all the interest and offers so far!

#8 B-shaw

B-shaw

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Local Club: www.clubpolo.co.uk

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

£300?!?!?!? What? some people piss me off. Worth far more than £300 >_< suspension brakes and subframe really arent a huge amount of work. Not when you think about minis in general. this is in mint condition haha.

This is lovely dude. Just wish i had the finances to buy it. Ticks all the boxes.
Britax sunroof, clubman, white.
Just the auto that would need sorting lol.

Good luck with the sale.

#9 slivers501

slivers501

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

£300?!?!?!? What? some people piss me off. Worth far more than £300 :thumbsup: suspension brakes and subframe really arent a huge amount of work. Not when you think about minis in general. this is in mint condition haha.

This is lovely dude. Just wish i had the finances to buy it. Ticks all the boxes.

Good luck with the sale.

says the bloke with a pole on his user pic , it would cost u a few hundred to change from auto to manual, the work isnt huge i agree but costly

#10 ShoutforJoy

ShoutforJoy

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+, Automatic Mini Register

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

it would cost u a few hundred to change from auto to manual, the work isnt huge i agree but costly

It doesn't need to be changed from auto to manual. Auto Clubmans are really getting quite rare because far too many have been converted to manual. Some of the fully-restored examples I've seen over the last couple of months seem to selling at a premium over their manual counterparts.

Hang on in there and the right buyer will come along and offer the right money.

#11 wassupcrew

wassupcrew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

£300?!?!?!? What? some people piss me off. Worth far more than £300 :) suspension brakes and subframe really arent a huge amount of work. Not when you think about minis in general. this is in mint condition haha.

Good luck with the sale.

pleaes don't take offense at what i have said. it's just my opinion. and i wasnt just talking about what it needs to get it through a test, its what it needs on top of that to get it back in to mint condition.inner and outer sills one side,a panels, boot etc not just a couple of patches.

#12 JacPowell

JacPowell

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

Is this still for sale ?

#13 red_mini_MMM

red_mini_MMM

Mini Mad

• Members