#1 jackgreen91

jackgreen91

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

Alright TMF members,
I've been hunting for a mini project since December time now and picked up this mini from Oxfordshire a couple of weeks back and plan on doing a resto to get her back on the road.

As the title says, its a '94 Cooper 1275 and it arrived in bits at a fairly reasonable £700. Though, I feel with uni away from home its going to be a fairly slow project until the summer when I'll be really cracking on with it.

I was up at the weekend trying to figure out whats what with the engine, it seems to have good compression, reaching about 170psi per cylinder and taking approx 5 revolutions to get to that. Not entirely sure what they're meant to be at but I don't think its worthwhile giving it a rebuild with compression like that. I was glad to see that it still turned over as I'm unsure on how long it'd been sat. As a first time resto I'd appreciate any input that you enthusiasts have to give and would love to hear the feedback.

This is the 'to do list' for now:
• Weld all visible damage
• Remove as much rust and protect the areas
• Remove and renovate both subframes and refit with new brake and suspension systems. (also: poly bushes or rubber bushes?)
• Sand and flat all panels removing dents getting ready to paint
• Wiring loom, replace or make do. Not sure yet as I'm pretty average with electronic systems
• Engine in and go

Any additions and order suggestions welcome.

How it arrived...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Got my work cut out, let me know what you think.

P.S. I'll try and be less word heavy in future posts, just thought I'd let you know whats happening.

Much love, Jack :cry:

#2 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

looks like a good basis pal... im in exactly the sam situation, bought mine saturday just gone, want to strip it and remove all rust and problem areas, so il be keeping a close eye on this thread

good luck with the build and keep the pics coming

Remi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users