1 reply to this topic

#1 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:05 PM

hi, this afternoon my father and i drove around the south east to use up as much fuel as possible. (we didnt know how much was in it because the gauge wasnt working! :) ) 3 hours after driving round, towns, dual carriage ways, etc we found a steep hill in the countryside so the fuel would roll to the back of the tank leaving the fuel sender hole clear of fuel.

right we took the boot off in order to reach the tank. we then disconnected the battery and then un did the seal. Luck was on our side. It did not leak! it was a couple of mm under the seal hole. :)

we took the old unit out, the inner seal had got tangled and that was the reason it didnt work. we fixed it then fitted the new one and tested it and it worked. we tried the other one and it worked but not as efficiently as the other so we kept the new one in, fastened the boot back on and came home.

What you may not realise is that since ive had the car ive had this problem so for the first time i have a FUEL GAUGE THAT WORKS!!!! :) :grin:

It said there was half a tank left. The thing is because we've had this problem we've always kept the fuel topped up. Every so often stick £10 in and its to the top where as now we can stick the full £28 worth in if needs be.

So now the last few things to sort out will be the rust and paint work.

#2 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Local Club: ERC / SMOA

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:23 PM

good stuff minicooper man it sounds like your really gettin into it.

Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users