#1 faultymonkey

faultymonkey

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local Club: E.L.M.O.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Interested in selling my 1989 Mini Thirty and wondering how much to list it for.

998cc
Black
White roof + Sunroof
83000 miles (on this clock, may be more)
Tax: 30/5/11
MOT: 14/07/11

Good runner, stage 1 tuning (I think), 1 of 200 made with a sunroof, 4 front aux lamps (only 2 wired in though)

Attached File  IMG_20110429_160708.jpg   595.23K   5 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20110429_160657.jpg   605.69K   5 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20110429_155226.jpg   569.97K   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20110429_155145.jpg   568.03K   8 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20110429_150937.jpg   494.15K   4 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20110429_151101.jpg   712.34K   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20110429_150908.jpg   620.02K   4 downloads

Thanks

Attached Files

#2 leroy26

leroy26

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: minisunleashed.com

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

assuming theres little rust 2500.

#3 faultymonkey

faultymonkey

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local Club: E.L.M.O.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Is £2500 not a bit steep? Can anyone else confirm this or suggest another price? I really need to sell this soonish!

Thanks for your help

#4 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

What??? :P Where on earth do you people get these figures from?? ...... Take a look at some of the cars that have actualy sold recently and you will see that with the market as it is currently, a standardish 90's 1275 in almost mint condition with a full MOT will fetch £2.5k max. A high mileage 998 with a few mods and a couple of months MOT certainly will not make that sort of figure :)

In reality with around 3 months MOT you are looking at £1,100 but possibly up to the £1,600 mark if you were to put a full 12 months MOT on it.

#5 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,409 posts
  • Local Club: Rutland Minis

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

What??? :P Where on earth do you people get these figures from?? ......

I have always wondered that too! ..... Paint the roof black, get an MOT on it then it will be a four figure car, as it is now, £800, maybe a little more if you remove the stage 1 kit. That is a modification that insurers do not like. This car is ideal for a new driver where insurance costs are a real issue, so prepare the car to your target audience

Edited by Senile Old Git, 01 May 2011 - 08:23 AM.

#6 garethleesmith

garethleesmith

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Well for a guide, ive just purchased a mini 30 red one with the sun roof, needed a little bit of work on it, same sort of millage same condition just needed a little bit of a tidy up but still had mot, and i payed £400. But then mine did have a funny gear box and breaks didnt exist but i am stiping and complete overhaul, but some mint condition ones on ebay you will be in comp with for example like these ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eb32f49c3 - £3495 24k from new 1 owner
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2c5c5937b8 - £1900 atm, with 60k on the clock and 7 owners but very tidy!
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item415915f9a2 - £600 atm, with 25k on the clock but non standard

So yours would fall in the middle between these two, id aim around the £1695 and take around £1450 - £1500 gives a bit of hagling room for the buyer and you get a decent price, but £2500, your geting up there with the perfect one owners with no millage models! Hope this helps you :P good luck

But KEEP THE MINI 30 BE PART OF THE CLUB!! LOL

#7 leroy26

leroy26

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

What??? :) Where on earth do you people get these figures from?? ...... Take a look at some of the cars that have actualy sold recently and you will see that with the market as it is currently, a standardish 90's 1275 in almost mint condition with a full MOT will fetch £2.5k max. A high mileage 998 with a few mods and a couple of months MOT certainly will not make that sort of figure :P

In reality with around 3 months MOT you are looking at £1,100 but possibly up to the £1,600 mark if you were to put a full 12 months MOT on it.

misread the mot bit! but honestly ive had my valued and when the new heritage panels are on its expected to be around 2900-3200.

#8 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

misread the mot bit! but honestly ive had my valued and when the new heritage panels are on its expected to be around 2900-3200.

Is that valuation for insurance purposes?

#9 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

Well for a guide, ive just purchased a mini 30 red one with the sun roof, needed a little bit of work on it, same sort of millage same condition just needed a little bit of a tidy up but still had mot, and i payed £400. But then mine did have a funny gear box and breaks didnt exist but i am stiping and complete overhaul, but some mint condition ones on ebay you will be in comp with for example like these ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eb32f49c3 - £3495 24k from new 1 owner
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2c5c5937b8 - £1900 atm, with 60k on the clock and 7 owners but very tidy!
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item415915f9a2 - £600 atm, with 25k on the clock but non standard

So yours would fall in the middle between these two, id aim around the £1695 and take around £1450 - £1500 gives a bit of hagling room for the buyer and you get a decent price, but £2500, your geting up there with the perfect one owners with no millage models! Hope this helps you :shifty: good luck

But KEEP THE MINI 30 BE PART OF THE CLUB!! LOL

CAR 1: Classified Ad from a dealer, he HAS to offer a warranty etc etc

CAR 2: That is the starting price, no bug*er has bid on it! .. surprise surprise!!

CAR 3: Highest Bid £850 reserve not met, "25K miles, I don't think so, a "1" could be put on that!!!

E bay is like red top newspapers, don't believe everything you read!

#10 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Valued by who and for what purpose??? :shifty:

I've had mine valued at £3.5k by an independent classic car restorer for insurance purposes. The reality is though, that I really would struggle to get £2k for it, if I were to try and sell it at the current time. Have a look at the recent completed listings on Ebay for similar cars to yours that have sold on a private sale (not through a dealer) and see what sort of figures that they are actually selling for at the moment!!

E bay is like red top newspapers, don't believe everything you read!

Very true, I could list mine on Ebay tomorrow for £4.5k, the fact is that it isn't worth that much and nobody would buy it at half that price!! The completed listings search on Ebay does however give you a reasonable indication of actual sale prices (it's the figures in green that matter, not the ones in red!!)

Edited by AVV IT, 01 May 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#11 leroy26

leroy26

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I've had mine valued at £3.5k by an independent classic car restorer for insurance purposes. The reality is though, that I really would struggle to get £2k for it, if I were to try and sell it at the current time. Have a look at the recent completed listings on Ebay for similar cars to yours that have sold on a private sale (not through a dealer) and see what sort of figures that they are actually selling for at the moment!!

so ya saying i shouldnt have the front end rebuilt, cause once ive payed the 1500 quid+ to have it done ,i wont get back the 3grand+ that the car owes me,even tho it would be insured for that amount?

#12 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

so ya saying i shouldnt have the front end rebuilt, cause once ive payed the 1500 quid+ to have it done ,i wont get back the 3grand+ that the car owes me,even tho it would be insured for that amount?

Its a sad fact that seldom will you get back what you pay out when restoring a mini. What a car owes and what it is worth are totally seperate figures.

#13 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

You genuinely thought you'd get back what you payed on it? Don't be silly :thumbsup:

#14 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

It doesn't really matter what you do to it, the fact is that the top end value of a high milage late 80's 998 is generally under £2k at the moment. If you are planning on selling it then investing £1,500 in a new front end is a bad idea. It might add a few quid to the value if your lucky, but to be honest it will probably just make a good selling point and you certainly won't get your money back. If you thought that you would get back every penny that you spent on your car then I'm afraid that you have been a bit naive, if that were the case I would be able to sell my mini for over £6k not less than £2k!!

Look at these recent actual selling prices as examples:

Example 1 - Click Here
Example 2 - Click Here
Example 3 - Click Here

OK they are not identical cars to yours, but they certainly would have been viable alternatives to any potential buyer viewing yours. Who is therefore realistically going to pay £3k for yours, when these are available at less than half that price??

#15 leroy26

leroy26

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

It doesn't really matter what you do to it, the fact is that the top end value of a high milage late 80's 998 is generally under £2k at the moment. If you are planning on selling it then investing £1,500 in a new front end is a bad idea. It might add a few quid to the value if your lucky, but to be honest it will probably just make a good selling point and you certainly won't get your money back. If you thought that you would get back every penny that you spent on your car then I'm afraid that you have been a bit naive, if that were the case I would be able to sell my mini for over £6k not less than £2k!!

Look at these recent actual selling prices as examples:

Example 1 - Click Here
Example 2 - Click Here
Example 3 - Click Here

OK they are not identical cars to yours, but they certainly would have been viable alternatives to any potential buyer viewing yours. Who is therefore realistically going to pay £3k for yours, when these are available at less than half that price??

because they all have little jobs and little bits of rust, whereas when mines been done it would be immaculate, so would be worth a little more than these?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users