49 replies to this topic

#31 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

There's doing something different, and there's doing something tasteless. Yeah everything being the same can get boring, and to be honest I do find Mini shows to be a bit boring by the end of the season, you've seen it all before. But certain styling methods stick to a car throughout the years simply because it works. It looks great, even if the one next to it looks great. Happens in all largely followed marques.

It's great when a fantastic looking Mini comes along that has done everything differently and stands out because of it. But this doesn't stand out for the same reason does it? And my point still stands, if you have/modify a car because you love it and you think it looks good, you won't care that some people disagree, no matter how they put their point across. If your ego is too fragile that you blow up and throw your toys across the room because someone doesn't like it, you shouldn't be modifying cars, or doing anything that might draw any attention to yourself.

#32 JmayfairJ

JmayfairJ

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

relisted due to timewasters? maybe it was uglier in person than on the camera and someone decided they didnt want it

#33 oli

oli

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

Forgot to say love your Viva. My parents had one as a kid, an estate with the weird speedo and lovely long back windows it would be really cool to have one now.

#34 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

At least hes given something diffrent a go.

Perhaps you lot should stick to your sports pack arches and 13x7 superlights.

Thats all you see at shows really and clearly thats all you want to see.

Edited by Sam Walters, 29 May 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#35 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'd have given £500 for that happily, it could have been broken for £1000, easy money for someone.

#36 AndyMiniMad.

AndyMiniMad.

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

Only sports pack arches and 13x7 Superlights!!! What shows have you been at then?? because the ones I go to are full of very individually modified Minis. Some I like, Some I dont....But I dont go up to the owners face and say bloody hell mate, youve ruined that....Live and let live....

#37 devilpaint

devilpaint

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

so someone did something different-what right have you got to take the piss?
last time i looked it was a free country-ish.
so it wasnt executed all that well, but not everyone is a pro painter/body fabricator, give me a week with that & some chameleon paint for example & the reaction would probably be very different.
i've seen a lot worse, one mans meat is anothers poison.

#38 pembo93

pembo93

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

At least it's not De-seamed...

#39 AndyMiniMad.

AndyMiniMad.

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

At least it's not De-seamed...

Or PINK!! :thumbsup:

#40 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

i just brought one of these bodykits custom built for my estate :thumbsup:

did i feck lol

dan

#41 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

Looks like a cheap donor though.

#42 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Only sports pack arches and 13x7 Superlights!!! What shows have you been at then?? because the ones I go to are full of very individually modified Minis. Some I like, Some I dont....But I dont go up to the owners face and say bloody hell mate, youve ruined that....Live and let live....

Avon, L2B, MITP, SMD ace cafe 3/4 times a year for the last 5 years bar missing l2b twice. Thats what shows.

Live and let live, perhaps you should be saying that to the original poster in this thread and not me.

#43 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Relax people,lets all take a deep breath shall we

On a personal level i dont like it,but each to their own and all that!

#44 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

last time i looked it was a free country-ish.

Only a free country to modify a car, not to pass an opinion on it? Funny how that's always the way. I agree with the.stroker, don't like it (as I've said) but each to their own. It doesn't mean just because he doesn't like it his opinion is invalid or spawned from Satan. I wonder how many of you currently getting on the defensive about a Mini would be so keen to jump in and defend a bodykitted Corsa, or is it ok to openly say how much you dislike them? One rule for one, and one rule for another?

Edit: cheers Oli :proud: I'd love to have an estate, hardly any around these days though >_< if you are intersted in a Viva, I'll have a fairly solid shell going in the next month or so (hopefully), only a 4 door HC saloon though. PM me if it takes your fancy.

Edited by oli8925, 31 May 2011 - 11:07 PM.

#45 Andywade

Andywade

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

If we were talking about a film we did or did not like I doubt there would be any bickering at all, but I think the fact its a mini has got people a little over excited

I don't like OTT body-kits and pointless mods, if your going to mod a car I always think that the thing your doing needs to have a purpose and make the car drive or feel better. I cannot see how huge scoops and grilles that go nowhere, massive bumpers and skirts that add weight, ridiculous spoilers that will never operate at less than 70mph, and multiple "fake" exhausts, can possibly increase the performance of a car.

I guess whatever you do to a vehicle there are bound to be people that approve of it, or disapprover (mostly insurance companies) and anyone who mods their car to a great extent is undoubtedly aware that what they are creating may not be to everybody's taste. I do think its important to give honest opinions on things, so I gave one.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users