22 replies to this topic

#16 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

It was several threads exactly like this that made me avoid Retro Retrims and go to Ashley James Autotrim instead. Never looked back!

#17 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

totally agree there mirvine. Everything is custom so takes time, yes his customer service isnt top notch, but is any companies service? just keep trying to get hold of him about it, when you do, you can then voice your opinions on his C service. Its abit harsh going through trading standards though i thaught

Edited by minidream94, 10 May 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#18 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

I have aranged to pick up a full interior Thursday or Friday....If he has not been on the forum, I'll alert him to this thread. I am certain the problem is just pressure of work...his results are second to none.

#19 secondopsman

secondopsman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

I had exactly the same problem with him,took nearly 9 weeks after he promised 3 weeks i even had emails promising this.For 2 weeks he kept telling me they had left ,then he told me the carrier didnt turn up then it got supposedly delivered back to him.When they did eventually turn up the back seat was a very poorly finished and i took it off and refiited again.Also he told me the door cards were made from marine ply and not hard board but when they came they were hardboard.The gear stick cover he made for the vauxhall conversion didnt fit and looks crap,I really couldnt be a-r-s-e-d- to send them back as he didnt respond to my email complaining,However he has lost my custom.
Pete
I will add he sent me a top and bottom dash rail covering as an apology for the delay.

Edited by secondopsman, 10 May 2011 - 10:06 PM.

#20 laurapevans

laurapevans

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

I have aranged to pick up a full interior Thursday or Friday....If he has not been on the forum, I'll alert him to this thread. I am certain the problem is just pressure of work...his results are second to none.

Thanks for that as i said previously I will wait till i return from being away before taking it any further. It is much appreciated that you will mention this to him Thursday.

#21 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

totally agree there mirvine. Everything is custom so takes time, yes his customer service isnt top notch, but is any companies service? just keep trying to get hold of him about it, when you do, you can then voice your opinions on his C service. Its abit harsh going through trading standards though i thaught

Point no.1 - yes some companies services are top notch. All our windows are custom made to order, and we have never gone over the lead time we have told the customer without a) alerting them well before and b) with very good reason. And no we aren't a massive company, it's completely family run.

Point 2- no it's not harsh atall. I know chris has friends on here but it's hard when he's got your money and you have to chace him down to get your stuff. I've had stuff from him for both of my minis I used to have, yes quality was good value for money (although I wouldn't say outstanding to be fair), but I did have to chace him down for 1 batch out of the two.

I hope you get somewhere. His user name here its bert998 if I remember.

Dan

#22 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Thank you to Scallywag for pointing out this thread today, I don't get the opportunity to get on here as much as i'd like to these days.

Improvement to customer service is top priority at the moment. I am no longer the sole employee of Retro Retrims and as Alex's training is progressing things are improving. Systems are being put into place to provide a better all round service, this being a new administration system, workshop setup and more structured daily routines being the most stand out difference's.

Please bear in mind that this is a relatively new, cottage industry type setup that is striving to produce quality bespoke trim that you would be proud to own. We are not interested in knocking out cheap items with the greatest profit margin possible, and this is reflected in the ever increasing waiting list .

This is also by far our busiest time of the year, i'm pulling 70+ hours a week just to try and meet the demand of both mini and vw owners.

~ Obviously it goes without saying the customer has received a full refund as requested.

Happy Mini'ing, hopefully should see you at some shows this summer!

Regards,
Chris@Retro

#23 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Nice one Chris, Great to hear your still busy, i've got some more bits i'd like made but in no rush, will E-Mail you later on in the year ( hopefully once the summer rush has died down), keep up the good work :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users