297 replies to this topic

#16 jack_marshall

jack_marshall

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

I think if the wipers dont cross it, then they cannot fail it.

#17 tieclubbyestate

tieclubbyestate

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Heyy bummer about your car >_< i have a set of clubman indicators, i cant help notice yours are kinda buggerd one of the lense has a broken in the corner other than that they work fine
looking for £40 posted PM me if your intrested?

#18 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

Heyy bummer about your car ^_^ i have a set of clubman indicators, i cant help notice yours are kinda buggerd one of the lense has a broken in the corner other than that they work fine

Thanks for the offer but I managed to get a bargain off of Ebay, front and rear bumpers, over-riders, grill and complete indicators (lenses and back plates) for £37.
Don't need the rear bumper as it's for a saloon but still think I got a amazing deal. I have seen how much complete indicator sets go for on Ebay it's crazy money.

#19 MigliaMayhem

MigliaMayhem

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: North East Mini Club

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Heyy bummer about your car ^_^ i have a set of clubman indicators, i cant help notice yours are kinda buggerd one of the lense has a broken in the corner other than that they work fine

Thanks for the offer but I managed to get a bargain off of Ebay, front and rear bumpers, over-riders, grill and complete indicators (lenses and back plates) for £37.
Don't need the rear bumper as it's for a saloon but still think I got a amazing deal. I have seen how much complete indicator sets go for on Ebay it's crazy money.

Im in the same boat and simply refuse to pay anything more than £30 for a pair of decent ones, they do crop up quite often but more so at auto jumbles, I have a pair of decent ones but I do require back plates.

A mint left hand indicator unit went for £18 posted last night but it was mint in every way, I'll hold out until the seasons over and finished scouring the jumbles / ebay and local ads before even considering the crazy prices some are asking for them. £30 posted is the price I'm looking at (provideing the fixings are still attached.

#20 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

The Flame had it's MOT today. To be honest I was expecting it to fail, and it did.
Whilst the car was in for its MOT a few of my younger brothers friends showed up with a load of filming gear, they then asked if they could film my car during it's MOT. I was quite flattered by this.
They were shooting footage for an edit for the company website.

The three things It failed on were:

- Offside headlamp aim too low

- Nearside headlamp excessively deteriorated so that the light output is severely reduced

- Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content excessive

Pretty easy to sort out so went home replaced the nearside bulb, adjusted the offside headlamp and fiddled with the carb, took it back a few hours later free of charge and it's passed >_<

Now that this car is sorted and I have a daily I can continue work on the main project.

Edited by woodenman23, 07 June 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#21 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

I haven't really been out in the garage that much since my last post, which was a long time ago but I can't really progress that much till I learn how to weld. I have had a few goes at it which didn't go to badly, once I played around with the settings but I'm not confident enough to start on body panels so I think I'll seek some guidance and practise lot more before I start on that. Over the weekend I finally got out there and removed the engine, many thanks to a member of the WSMOC for letting me use his engine crane, anyway as I couldn't think of anything else to do to the car I decided to clean and paint the engine. I'll let the photos to the talking.

Engine after It had been de-greased and washed down,

Posted Image
Posted Image

And after,

Posted Image

To finish it off I made plate with the cars name on it, which is going to be riveted to the rocker cover,

Posted Image
Posted Image

That's all for now

#22 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Update, haven't done one in a while.

I'm almost at a stage where I can start lining up the new inner wings. Just a bit more grinding.

The deeper I dig the more half-hearted repairs I find. The flitch panels were fitted horribly, with gaps everywhere that had been filled with filler. Both made up of about 15 or so patches, in some areas It was three layers thick each layer hiding more rust. It was hard to distinguish what was original and whats wasn't.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all for now.

Liam

#23 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

Engine looks great in BMC green.

Ireckon it looks good in the original colour with the reverse rims and retro look..

Keep up the good work,

#24 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Got these some time ago now just forgot to mention, really pleased with them and got them for a bargain price.

Posted Image

I finally sourced the last two bits of trim I needed. I have been looking for these two bits for at least three years now.

Posted Image

Started to get a little fed up with all the parts in the back of the car getting in my way, plus I was scared I'd lose or damage something so I rearranged my wardrobe and stored most of the parts in there. Pretty sure my parents won't be best pleased.
Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

Starting to aline the new inner wings, almost there with the n/s, just a little work to aline the holes for the shock mounting bracket. The o/s needs a lot more work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Liam

#25 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

looking good mate! at least with the crash it has made you aware that all wasnt as it seemed underneath, and that once your finished restoring/rebuilding it, it will be as close to 100% as possible with no nasty hidden horrors! keep up the good work!

#26 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

oh yeah, and if you want cheap indicators for clubbys, try looking for triumph toledo units, or any old triumph unit, there near identical to clubman indicators, but no where near the stupid price for genuine clubby ones!

#27 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,898 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Nice clubby. With the inner wings on Erm i fitted the shock mounts bolts first but kept them loose then moved everything around until it all lined up. Once i was happy i then tightened them before pining everything in place.

It will be worth trial fitting all of the other panels now if you have them just to make sure everything lines up nicely.

#28 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Yeah I have got all the other panels, and that's what I planned to do, I was just trial fitting.
Was thinking of using self tapers to hold it together whilst I line up the other panels.

Thanks for the tip with the shock mounts.

oh yeah, and if you want cheap indicators for clubbys, try looking for triumph toledo units, or any old triumph unit, there near identical to clubman indicators, but no where near the stupid price for genuine clubby ones!

I found some really cheap on ebay, they were listed with a bumper but didn't note it in the listing title so no placed a bid :gimme:

#29 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,898 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

Self tappers are fine but try using cleco pins instead apart from the wings.

#30 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Today I continued to work on the inner wings to get a good fit and started to line up the other front panels to make sure everything else will sit where it should. Still needs a fair amount of work but made some progress which is better than none.
I am also waiting to get my scuttle.

Posted Image

The shock bracket holes are starting to line up a lot better

Posted Image

The top of the A' panel needs to come in a bit as it sticks out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Liam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users