#1 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hi, just introducing myself I am Kev from Co.Durham

I had until recently been the owner of a tiger kit, [url"Posted Image"][/url]But have sold it and decided to have a go at building something myself. I am a complete novice never built anything in my life! I have always liked minis and knew of zcars, so went to visit a couple of weeks ago. Posted Image went out for a run with Chris in the demonstrator and i am now hooked. I have aquired a donor and begun to strip it Posted Image. So far i have removed the inerior all the seats carpets, belts, taken the bonet off the boot off, drained the fuel and removed the grill.[url"Posted Image"][/url] . Posted Image. I am waiting for my Haynes manual to arrive from E-bay before stripping the rest. I have quite a few panels that need changing and i am thinking of fitting a fiberglass flip front end. I will try and update this post with picture as i get things done. Any tips or help would be more than welcome. I am trying to find the correct way of removing panels and glass.

Kev

Attached Files

#2 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:53 AM

welcome to the forum mate..... im exactly the same as you, i put my deposit down on the hayabusa kit last week, and im a complete novice, will be nice to have someone at the same stage with no experience, can compare and help each other hopefully

any problems post on here and im sure someone on here will help

good luck with the build keep us updated

#3 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

Hello and Welcome.

What kit have you gone for?

If you have any questions and I know the answer I will help you out as much as possible, if you can make sure you pose questions in the Technical and Problems area that way we can see you need help and it helps others in the future trying to find similar information.

I look forward to seeing your progress with the project.

Andy

#4 Mini Type R

Mini Type R

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

I was in a similar position, I built a Super 6 and about 4 months later made the mistake of having a passenger ride at the Donington Kit Car show in the original Red Hyabusa. I tried to convince myself to keep the Tiger having spent 2 years building it but the following year sold it to make way for a vtec Mini.

Good luck with the build.

#5 drayton min man

drayton min man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hi Kev

Ditto, as Andy has said any help, info etc just post it in the technical section and im sure we will be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Good luck with build.

Geoff :)

#6 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Cheers Chaps,

I am sure i will have many questions in the coming months. Deffinatley going bike engined not sure about R1 or Bussa. Also looking at Grp front end and some sort of body kit.

Kev

#7 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Cheers Chaps,

I am sure i will have many questions in the coming months. Deffinatley going bike engined not sure about R1 or Bussa. Also looking at Grp front end and some sort of body kit.

Kev

Welcome to the Zcars scene, there is a wealth of knowledge and top guys on here that will help with problems and questions as you build your mini, (get a busa in it and stop yer nonsense :)) )

Ed :)

#8 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

got the glass stripped today, drained the oil and started to strip the engine. looking forward to getting it out and sold! as space running out quickly.

Kev

#9 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

Engine Out Today notice that i cheated and used a grinder. Anybody looking for an Engine let me know.

Posted Image

Once i get the final bits off it will be time for grinding and welding

#10 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Bit of an update, I have cleaned soundproofing from the floor and cutout old sill on one side and have welded new inner cill inplace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 RawlinsGTR

RawlinsGTR

Formally known as Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

I've just finished removing all the bitumen off my floor. It took me around 3 days of work to completely remove, including the residue left. It's a B***H to do, isn't it!

Good luck with the whole thing, I look forward to seeing what happens with it :)

#12 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hi Kev, yet another zcars in durham. I found removing the bitumen was quite easy with a heat gun and small wallpaper scraper.

#13 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Bit of an update - been doing some cutting out, had to stop ran out of discs, has anybody got experiane of zars front sub frame and fitting a grp flip front??

#14 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Welcome, looking forward to following your build.

#15 zcars

zcars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Bit of an update, got some bits delivered, and bolted them together
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image