28 replies to this topic

#16 marksmini's better half

marksmini's better half

Marksminis Wifey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:40 PM

Hello and welcome to the site i hope you enjoy your stay and thats a lovely mini you have there :grin:

#17 adam c

adam c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to the site..
Thats an AMAZING machine!! :grin: :) :grin: :) :grin:
Please give us more details...

#18 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:02 PM

Hey, nice ride

#19 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:07 AM

nice colour too its really diffrent

#20 mutant mini

mutant mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:26 AM

Thanks very much for all the nice comments guys. It took approximately two years to finish this project and well worth every minute. I wanted something really different and it just had to be purple. It started out as just a re-spray as rust bubbles were starting to show and winter was coming. I unfortunately was shown some paint samples at the panel beaters and that was it, it just had to be Chroma Lusion. I just loved the way the colours changed until I found out the price per litre. Oh well, if I hadn't of spent my money on the mini what else would I have done with it. It was finally finished in October 2003 and we took mutant to her first show. We won Best Ladies Car and Best British Car. The show itself was what we call a rice-burner show. Just in case you don't use that word in the UK, rice-burner is a name we give to Japanese and imported cars that are highly modified and sometimes a bit overboard. We were very pleased with our trophies.

We also won Best Club Display (member of the Victorian Mini Club). Great day all round. At this show I was approached by a Magazine called "Fast Fours". It is a car mag and anyway, ended up doing a photo shoot and they ran a four page story with pics on mutant.

I am not sure if I can do this, but I will try and attach a copy of the story.

The subs in the photo above (mirrored boot) is no longer as we couldn't get very good base inside the cabin. We removed them and now have four 8" Diamond Audio subs under the rear seat and four more in the boot.

Much better base.

Take a look at my website mutant's webpage

I came across this site by accident when looking for info because I want to fit 14" wheels to mutant.

As a result I have know purchased some Continental tyres which will give the same rolling diameter as I have now on my 13". Had been looking for quiet a while so I am very happy.

Attached Files

#21 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:10 AM

:) :) Congratulations, you've done a great job :) :)

#22 jeffberg

jeffberg

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:25 AM

im new here too
but I think the lights below the car give it a ricer look
but I LOVE the angel eyes

How much does that stereo weigh in total?

#23 mutant mini

mutant mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:55 AM

Sorry but I wouldn't have a clue. Tubes in the boot are made out of fibreglass and covered in vinyl. Silver is fibreglass also. Subs (Diamond Audio) are pretty heavy as they are dual voice coil. Lights are a bit ricey but it's fun when we have a night cruise. Wait till i get the 14" wheels and then it will be what you call ricey I guess.

#24 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Local Club: ERC / SMOA

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:18 PM

Holy C**p! I think that alot of time, effort, and planning went into that thing and even though it's not really my style I respect you and evereything you've done to it.

So did you do any of the work yourself? Or did you just send it around from shop to shop? Well nice job.

Al

#25 mutant mini

mutant mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 02:51 AM

Didn't do any of the work myself I suppose. I had a trimmer go the interior with my design. Paint work obviously done by a professional but with my ideas, as well as the Du Pont Chroma Lusion paint it has a very fine House Of Kolors aqua sparkle effect in the clear coats.

Not mechanical so all work done on the engine was done at my local mini business.

I spent a lot of time sourcing parts and looking for special finishes that I could use on all the shiny parts. It isn't your normal chroming. Wheels were specially drilled to fit a mini. Had "mini" neon made to fit in the rear window. Lots of little extras to make it that much different. Just can't stand being the same as anyone else. Hopefully I will appear in your Mini World mag soon. Had the pleasure of meeting up with Monty Watkins (Editor) while he was here in Oz.

Thanks again for all your positive comments.

Attached Files

#26 mutant mini

mutant mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:10 AM

Here is a picture of underneath the car.

Attached Files

#27 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:53 AM

good luck with the mag feature :)

#28 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Local Club: ERC / SMOA

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:14 PM

whoah! all those mod and your still running on drums!?!

Al

#29 mutant mini

mutant mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:47 PM

Standard discs on front only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users