31 replies to this topic

#16 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Ahh man that sucks, its good its back in a reasonable condition (could be a lot worse) but I know how you feel. How dare they touch it and the cheek etc. The swear filter wont let me convey the anger towards the theiving scum, but hopefully you get the point!

Hope you get it sorted out soon. Are you going to bother going through the insurance?

nah... they'll proberly write it off.. plus if they do "fix" it i'll only undo it again to the way i want it, so i might as well do it out my own pocket and get it looking the way i want it to the 1st time..

..and yes i would circumvent the swear filter but i dont want to be banned just because some.. breathe, breathe... kids tried to steel my car

Edited by minilester, 13 June 2011 - 11:47 AM.

#17 bobs

bobs

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Local Club: Six-Ex Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

..and yes i would circumvent the swear filter but i dont want to be banned just because some.. breathe, breathe... kids tried to steel my car

Ageist...

I like to think it was troop of grannies out for a joyride after scooping bingo winnings, to confirm check for boiled sweet wrappers in the ashtray...

But you're probably right.

#18 Swainy

Swainy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Local Club: Sexy People Only Mini Club

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Ouch! :thumbsup:

That's gutting mate. They need to be shot!

#19 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

Ageist...

I like to think it was troop of grannies out for a joyride after scooping bingo winnings, to confirm check for boiled sweet wrappers in the ashtray...

But you're probably right.

im not, kids refers to their state of mind nit their age... plus i couldnt find boiled sweet wrappers.. and it didnt smell of wee and biscuits so im goin with kids... ugly ones too!

#20 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Ouch! :thumbsup:

That's gutting mate. They need to be shot!

to quick and easy.. i'dd like to tie their feet together and drag them around the local roads naked for a few hours at speed and see if they want to say sorry and pay for the damage..

.. shooting them just means they get off easy

#21 minilee94

minilee94

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

ohh man i have nothing apart form a standard grey steering wheel mate

#22 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

That's awful, feel really sorry for you.

Looks like they've hit something with the right hand headlight/wing/bumper, I'd be giving it a second look as your "list" hasn't mentioned any of this pannel damage apart from the bonnet...

Sounds silly but, have you informed the police?

body work will be sorted by colin (cant remember his tmf name) so all those panels and what-not i'll buy wen he needs them.. plus its a good time to debumper the front end! :thumbsup:

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how my name can you forget!

#23 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

Ok, Front is straighter now, grill i can repair with new slats if you want, might have a headlamp to match your surviving one, will beat out the floor pan for now till the new one arrives, bonnet will also be beaten out till you supply the F/G one. while i am in the mood, i might patch the spare wiper holes too. side window is now in and the car is locked and secure for the night.

drop your bits off tomorrow and i will see if i can get it drivable by the weekend.

#24 100ev8

100ev8

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

whats happened to the floor pan ?

#25 MIRVINE11

MIRVINE11

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Local Club: BritishMiniClub

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

gutted for you matey...

#26 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Wow sorry to hear this dude!

#27 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

the floor pan got bashed up where the little *u*ts drove it up a bank near a field and took out 2 post trying to hot wire it to go for a ride...

but my baby-boy is in good hands now..

its been a long term project but the silver lining here is, now its off the road being sorted i may as well have everything done to it b4 it goes back on the road.. so its more or less a finished project (if there is such a thing) :) :)

#28 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

wow that really sucks :) how bad is the damage?

i'll up load the pictures in a sec.. not really to bad, but its just heart breaking ya'know?

Foul, thieving, loathsome little toerags! May whoever did this to your Min suffer the fate of St Erasmus (look it up, it's a corker).

I really feel for you - I'd be inconsolable if this happened to my Mini. I hope yours is fixed and on the road again soon.

O

#29 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

The runts should be knee capped.. glad you got it back.. many are never seen again.

#30 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

The runts should be knee capped.. glad you got it back.. many are never seen again.

.. i know and its a shame.. im thinking of a snap off steering wheel as part of the rebuild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users