#16 pbrain

pbrain

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

unfortunately, pikey's don't appreciate the value of the Mini...just it's weight as pure scrap. I have around 3 different tatter trucks come past our house daily...all looking for the slightest peice of metal (bastuds even nick the drain covers). To be realistic, any cars taken are crushed within 24 hours. They're not going to chance getting caught trying to sell off bits of the car. Also, some scrapyards are equally as devious, they're going to protect their 'suppliers' and 'process' the cars ASAP.

I sold a van recently as scrap, talking to the collector about how good the engine was...he just said, it won't be this time tommorrow, it should be crushed this afternoon.

it's all down to the high value of scrap metal and unemployed people seeing this as a profitable trade. (typical scrap collector at current rates can 'earn' £1000+ a week)

As hard as it sounds, i wouldn't waste time & fuel driving around backstreets looking for it, it's not going to be parked anywhere too long.

#17 MigliaMayhem

MigliaMayhem

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: North East Mini Club

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

unfortunately, pikey's don't appreciate the value of the Mini...just it's weight as pure scrap. I have around 3 different tatter trucks come past our house daily...all looking for the slightest peice of metal (bastuds even nick the drain covers). To be realistic, any cars taken are crushed within 24 hours. They're not going to chance getting caught trying to sell off bits of the car. Also, some scrapyards are equally as devious, they're going to protect their 'suppliers' and 'process' the cars ASAP.

I sold a van recently as scrap, talking to the collector about how good the engine was...he just said, it won't be this time tommorrow, it should be crushed this afternoon.

it's all down to the high value of scrap metal and unemployed people seeing this as a profitable trade. (typical scrap collector at current rates can 'earn' £1000+ a week)

As hard as it sounds, i wouldn't waste time & fuel driving around backstreets looking for it, it's not going to be parked anywhere too long.

I doubt very much that this car has been stolen for scrap.... Not a chance.

This has been stolen by some scroat looking to re-shell a old heap of scrap, sad thing is alot of members on here have bought the very same cars on tax exempt books. Supply and demand I'm afraid.

Your mini is a blinder bud. Best of luck.

#18 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Either a reshall (well more of a vin and reg plate change) or is now in the hands of some happy american/aussy/jap :/ or wherever it has ended up

#19 pbrain

pbrain

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

I doubt very much that this car has been stolen for scrap.... Not a chance.

This has been stolen by some scroat looking to re-shell a old heap of scrap, sad thing is alot of members on here have bought the very same cars on tax exempt books. Supply and demand I'm afraid.

Your mini is a blinder bud. Best of luck.

it would be nice for me to be wrong, it's just that i've met many scumbags who don't give a monkeys about peoples pride & joy and just think about the next quick buck.

...finger's crossed that it comes up.

#20 kenny&shanice

kenny&shanice

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

Saw the car again today and the last 2 bits of the reg are different,i waited in b&q carpark for 2 hours for someone to come out, I told him the situation and he was angry at first and accused me of calling him a thief. Once he calmed down and id managed to tell him the full story he was understandable anmd a pretty decent guy, He's spreading the world and ive given him you reg...

But still no mini, utter ****

#21 evansandy

evansandy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Im sure i saw this today call me on 07850 644 757

Any news?

#22 evansandy

evansandy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Saw the car again today and the last 2 bits of the reg are different,i waited in b&q carpark for 2 hours for someone to come out, I told him the situation and he was angry at first and accused me of calling him a thief. Once he calmed down and id managed to tell him the full story he was understandable anmd a pretty decent guy, He's spreading the world and ive given him you reg...

But still no mini, utter ****

Did you look for the marks I told you about? The reg plate would have been changed. If the plate was genuine, it would have been very unlikely that two cars of exactly the same colour and finish would have the last two letters different. Did you get the guys name or number?

#23 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

Where abouts has it been spotted? and I'll keep an eye out around wigan end for ya fella, shame :thumbsup: :(

#24 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

P998 GJK
If you put this number plate in CarCheck it comes out with:
TOYOTA CELICA BLACK

Possible chance they have switched the number plate from this celica onto the mini & the mini's onto the celica then sold the celica off?

Maybe this celica can be traced etc then the owner can be questioned about the car etc etc

#25 BTA168

BTA168

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

P998 GJK
TOYOTA CELICA BLACK

Possible chance they have switched the number plate from this celica onto the mini & the mini's onto the celica then sold the celica off?

Maybe this celica can be traced etc then the owner can be questioned about the car etc etc

Just to point out mate, the reg is 'P988 GJK' not 'P998 GJK'.
But I've had a look and it was registered back in 2007?

#26 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

P998 GJK
TOYOTA CELICA BLACK

Just to point out mate, the reg is 'P988 GJK' not 'P998 GJK'.
But I've had a look and it was registered back in 2007?

Hope it gets found! ;D

It was registered in 2007, as I presume its a Jap Import (the bootlid gives it away) :lol:

Edited by Midas Mk1, 24 July 2011 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users