mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Woops :thumbsup:

Edited by mini_mad69, 25 July 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#35 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

I've heard tonight of a couple of things that happened at the show, and i would place a ban on them too.

#36 CaptainBland08

CaptainBland08

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

think the event needs to be organised a bit better... in terms of camping... rather than herding everyone into one area why not do what they do at riv run... if you want to party... go to the area with the partying? if you want quiet... go to the camping area that's quiet... pretty simple really... not one complained about the all night partying on the riv run as far as i know?

#37 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

think the event needs to be organised a bit better... in terms of camping... rather than herding everyone into one area why not do what they do at riv run... if you want to party... go to the area with the partying? if you want quiet... go to the camping area that's quiet... pretty simple really... not one complained about the all night partying on the riv run as far as i know?

They did that at southern mini days last year, but they still told us off for playing music too late in the loud noisy party field.

#38 puresmartie

puresmartie

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

there were some idiots making a lot of noise, but nothing to do with tmf. they were from a northern mini club i think.

#39 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

I think on the most part, 'idiots making noise' are using the field for what they payed for... to have a good time and probably mind their own business with a few drinks and BBQ with mates...

Long live the old days of Mini shows, I'm fed up of being watched over like a child at shows, the Mini scene has turned to crap... it's more like being a child on a school trip than an adult that's traveled miles and payed good money to get in.

Way to go kill a decent show, it'll soon be another one which costs more to run than it takes in... and the downright rude marshals won't help either.

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 26 July 2011 - 10:11 AM.

#40 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

Some one was pounding out music at 2 am

it was all silent in the camp and then off it went, i heard kids crying in the tent next to me about it.

It was immature, music during the day and the legal time of playing loud equipment and music from 9am till 11pm.

Ive seen subaru's pulled over for abusing this due to there exhausts

Its just total ignorance to be honest your lucky my girlfriend calmed me down as i would of pretty killed your arse. i wasnt mad about it, but hearing kids cry due to it makes me mad

#41 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

I think on the most part, 'idiots making noise' are using the field for what they payed for... to have a good time and probably mind their own business with a few drinks and BBQ with mates...

Long live the old days of Mini shows, I'm fed up of being watched over like a child at shows, the Mini scene has turned to crap... it's more like being a child on a school trip than an adult that's traveled miles and payed good money to get in.

Way to go kill a decent show, it'll soon be another one which costs more to run than it takes in... and the downright rude marshals won't help either.

2am isnt what we call fun.

Some of us like to be well slept to enjoy beautiful minis

Your kill joying others time for your own sake

thats very selfish

marshals are they to make sure everyone has a good time, if you dont like it, dont come and sit down and zip it

as you said people paying good money and travelling far. Not to have to listen to music at crazy hours

Edited by Sam14, 26 July 2011 - 10:17 AM.

#42 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

There wasnt a 'noisy' camp, and regardless, as per southern mini days, we'd still be told to turn our music off at 11.

Kids can whinge all they like, don't take them to Mini shows if they're going to cry all night :thumbsup:

Some people need to learn to get into the swing of things, don't go to a Mini show and go to bed at 10, it's pathetic... and I bet they're the people that complained about the noise...

At the end of the day Mini shows should be about having fun and that's what everybody does... for a lot of people that means sitting around a bbq with some tunes on over a beer with friends they havnt seen in months... nothing wrong that...

#43 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

2am isnt what we call fun.

Some of us like to be well slept to enjoy beautiful minis

Your kill joying others time for your own sake

thats very selfish

marshals are they to make sure everyone has a good time, if you dont like it, dont come and sit down and zip it

as you said people paying good money and travelling far. Not to have to listen to music at crazy hours

I'm not going to stop going to shows because you said so... I've been going to shows for years and remember back when you could go to a Mini show and have a good time without pathetic and rediculous people 'complaining' about the noise.

Theres so many people at shows that sit their in a deck chair infront of their trailered to the show Mini with a coke and just sit there eagle eyed writing a list of complaints, the people with the purple pick-up at Gaydon were a prime example... its pathetic

#44 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

There wasnt a 'noisy' camp, and regardless, as per southern mini days, we'd still be told to turn our music off at 11.

Kids can whinge all they like, don't take them to Mini shows if they're going to cry all night :thumbsup:

Some people need to learn to get into the swing of things, don't go to a Mini show and go to bed at 10, it's pathetic... and I bet they're the people that complained about the noise...

At the end of the day Mini shows should be about having fun and that's what everybody does... for a lot of people that means sitting around a bbq with some tunes on over a beer with friends they havnt seen in months... nothing wrong that...

Thats a very disgusting attitude to take towards it

You were a kid im sure you would of whinged to, you denying people to shows because you want your all night party?

Crying because of the music not because of any other reason, love to see you say that to there parents, you wouldnt have to balls and i sure he'd flatten you

I think your in the wrong scene mate

Not everyone is 20 years old

You didnt need to complain, the marshals heard it. It was pretty quiet and pumping music blaring out.

Yeah nothing wrong with it, to a limit. Its about having respect, which you lack very much off.

Not just for you to have fun

#45 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

I didnt say for you not to come.

I think its time to grow up and grow some respect for others than yourself

I played my music but i asked people around my tent if they were okay with it

RESPECT