Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

Posted Image

to be fair mate you are quite sad for doin that :/ lol

+

Actually im 17 :)

good for you bet u cant even drive

You should just stop there mate.

nah its my topic mate he should jus keep his opinions to himself

Wooo, hang on a minute, you asked for peoples oppinions, i gave u mine and you didn't like it, how do you work that one out?

Its my opinion

Posted Image

#62 Sam2k10

Sam2k10

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

Jesus, I think some of you other members should either grow up or get a life, seriously what is wrong with you?!

Just because you don't like the thought of this guy covering about 2" of his headlights doesn't mean you should ******* him off, he's another mini fan who is trying NEW things out, and I don't see how wanting to modify the bodywork of his car is anywhere near as shameful as some people who buy the same old sh** and bolt it on to look cool, why not either lay off or respect him for wanting to try something that has evidently never been done before!

Things are only ever confirmed by actually trying them, so if it is an epic fail we can laugh, but who knows, it might look ok and set another route for people to go down.

Sometimes it's like being back in primary school playground here...

I agree with you to a point, I'm not here or anywhere to make enemies, but I just feel that there is an amount of un-necessary hostility and replies like that quote above have nothing to do with the question, just personal remarks which don't do anyone any good.

thanks mate someone who is sensible for once lol, if it is a fail even i will probibly laugh its only a bit of metal at the end of the day and i can just get a ne bonnet easily, i never seen it done and want to know so i wont know till its done :)

#63 muzzal 1275

muzzal 1275

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Jesus, I think some of you other members should either grow up or get a life, seriously what is wrong with you?!

Just because you don't like the thought of this guy covering about 2" of his headlights doesn't mean you should ******* him off, he's another mini fan who is trying NEW things out, and I don't see how wanting to modify the bodywork of his car is anywhere near as shameful as some people who buy the same old sh** and bolt it on to look cool, why not either lay off or respect him for wanting to try something that has evidently never been done before!

Things are only ever confirmed by actually trying them, so if it is an epic fail we can laugh, but who knows, it might look ok and set another route for people to go down.

Sometimes it's like being back in primary school playground here...

give that man an admin badge :)

#64 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

to be fair mate you are quite sad for doin that :/ lol

+

Actually im 17 :)

nah its my topic mate he should jus keep his opinions to himself

hahaha i have never laughed so much in my life!!!

Wooo, hang on a minute, you asked for peoples oppinions, i gave u mine and you didn't like it, how do you work that one out?

Its my opinion

Posted Image

ahahaha i have never laughed so much in my life!!!!

oh and +1 on the

Posted Image

#65 h4wx1e

h4wx1e

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Local Club: sutton mini club

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

i like clubmans with body kits, think they look mean and im sure their was a big topic about mean looking clubmans that had alot of replies and peoples pics of their own mean looking clubbys, the lads obviously interested in the mean look and his idea, if done properly will make it look mean. not everyone was brought up as chav haters, i had max power mags befor mini mags and i can be classed as a chav but in reality if you want a unique mini you have to think outside the box in my opinion.

#66 Sam2k10

Sam2k10

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

i like clubmans with body kits, think they look mean and im sure their was a big topic about mean looking clubmans that had alot of replies and peoples pics of their own mean looking clubbys, the lads obviously interested in the mean look and his idea, if done properly will make it look mean. not everyone was brought up as chav haters, i had max power mags befor mini mags and i can be classed as a chav but in reality if you want a unique mini you have to think outside the box in my opinion.

well said mate

#67 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Isn't it illegal to obstruct the beam of a headlight? I know of a few people have been pulled for having tape over their lenses.

Just a thought. ;)

#68 Sam2k10

Sam2k10

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Isn't it illegal to obstruct the beam of a headlight? I know of a few people have been pulled for having tape over their lenses.

Just a thought. ;)

should be ok hopefully, cause im gonna do it soon

#69 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Just a thought. :)

doubt it... its an MOT failure if the beam isnt facing the right direction let alone being obscured...

#70 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Not sure what the driving part is for, being able to drive has got nothing to do with it, Nicks got a clubman and he's carrying out a helluva lot of work on it all round which would probably put off alot of people much older than him, he's not fazed........

any 1 know if you think this will look good having a bad boy bonnet ive seen it on cars like golfs and saxos etc but was wondering if it would look good on a classic clubby

give it an evil look etc

???

About ten years ago it was a craze, looked ok-ish back then but that depended on the car, nowdays it seems its getting a chav-brigade tag, if the rest of the cars look don't match up to the front it will look off, alot of hard work for a gamble but thats your choice

#71 Sam2k10

Sam2k10

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

doubt it... its an MOT failure if the beam isnt facing the right direction let alone being obscured...

it wont be covered alot and i have a mate that does my mots nd hell pass it :)

#72 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

MOT's arent worth the paper its printed on...
lets face it how many people have to alter how their engines are running before an MOT to get it through? (i know mine has to have a lot of leaning off).
if we all went by MOTs a lot of minis wouldnt be on the road.

im running those lucas headlight converters, so the headlights are bright yellow and pointing the wrong way with no troubles so far.

#73 MINI WILL

MINI WILL

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Local Club: Let Me Do My Thang

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Just modify the grill!! It would be easier than modifying your bonnet, then you can remove it when you want...
:)
Posted Image

#74 Sam2k10

Sam2k10

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Just modify the grill!! It would be easier than modifying your bonnet, then you can remove it when you want...
:)
Posted Image

i do like that is it your car???? if so how did u do it????

#75 lowandslow

lowandslow

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Local Club: east coast mini club

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

i said this on page 2 lol :)

i think thats a photoshop dude

Edited by lowandslow, 07 July 2011 - 08:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users