#1 roker_lad

roker_lad

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering what you all think this car is worth?

Looks pretty much rust free (owner claims it is), interior could do with a bit work. Was restored in 2007 (engine included) and was given a few parts from a sprite (hence the dash and the 1.3 engine replacement)

mileage is about 89,000, but bare in mind its been restored. Subframe, gearbox, disc brakes etc were also fitted. Passed an MOT over the last few days so will expire august next year.

What do we reckon people?

thanks in advance!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 minisam92

minisam92

Banned from Classifieds Due to Selling of Weapons After Warning

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

dont really know but if the owner wants to add more value surely it should be put back on 10inch wheels and a centre speedo ?

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

I always thought restored meant put back to original condition...

Nice car, shame about what's been stuck on, in, and around...

2k.

#4 roker_lad

roker_lad

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Interesting you think 2k, its advertised at 4,500 at the moment. It seems really difficult to find a MK1 below this price at the moment. The speedo etc would be something I'd change back straight away.

I'm just really attracted by the rust free body, I don't know much about doing body work etc. but im happy messing on with the dash.

My guessing you think that 4,500 is far to much?

#5 the_r_sole

the_r_sole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

depends if the rust free is because its all nice metal or because of filler!!
threer's a few things that look odd to me, i'm no expert on what should be on what mk mini, but the plastic reflector on the door looks really strange!

#6 scrog

scrog

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

Interesting you think 2k, its advertised at 4,500 at the moment. It seems really difficult to find a MK1 below this price at the moment. The speedo etc would be something I'd change back straight away.

I'm just really attracted by the rust free body, I don't know much about doing body work etc. but im happy messing on with the dash.

My guessing you think that 4,500 is far to much?

a car is only worth what people will pay
go offer him £3k you never know if its been up for a long time he may take it
use the fact that there is a lot of work to put it back as it should be as barginning tool

#7 scotty_18

scotty_18

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Local Club: LMSOC

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

Thats mint! :)

#8 roker_lad

roker_lad

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

depends if the rust free is because its all nice metal or because of filler!!
threer's a few things that look odd to me, i'm no expert on what should be on what mk mini, but the plastic reflector on the door looks really strange!

They would be coming off straight away! And yeah, I agree with you scrog, it seems like I could use this all as a bargaining tool. I will walk away if he won't budge on the 4,500

#9 mini 4o

mini 4o

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Local Club: corfu mini's

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi all
You cannot polish a trud,
It’s a mk4 build into a mk1 shell, ok the shell may be rust free, or full of filler
But to change it to a 1965/6 will take a lot of money far more then its finished worth,
Hydro subframes, 10” brakes, wiring loom, engine and gearbox, the list go’s on
At least who every rebuild it did not just put the plates on the mk4.

The only good thing I see, it tax free,
Offer him £1500 then you will own a money pit to return it to a mk1.
Or drive it as is, but remember one day you will have to sell it…

John

#10 roker_lad

roker_lad

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Hi all
You cannot polish a trud,
It’s a mk4 build into a mk1 shell, ok the shell may be rust free, or full of filler
But to change it to a 1965/6 will take a lot of money far more then its finished worth,
Hydro subframes, 10” brakes, wiring loom, engine and gearbox, the list go’s on
At least who every rebuild it did not just put the plates on the mk4.

The only good thing I see, it tax free,
Offer him £1500 then you will own a money pit to return it to a mk1.
Or drive it as is, but remember one day you will have to sell it…

John

Interesting points John, and I really appreciate because its making me think twice now about even seeing it. Really fancying a MK1 at the moment but as you say this is just a MK1 shell and nothing else. Would you recommend steering clear?

#11 the_r_sole

the_r_sole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

depends entirely on why you want the mk1, if you want one that is superficially a mk1 then this doesn't look too bad, if you want a genuine mk1 top to bottom i think you might be looking at a lot more pennies!!
i really have no idea and only speculating here, but if it's just for the looks of the mk1 then having the bits you can't see off a later model might be better in terms of ride/reliability etc - but this is just guessing as i don't think there's ever been a mk that's confortable and reliable!!!

Edited by the_r_sole, 20 July 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#12 roker_lad

roker_lad

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

depends entirely on why you want the mk1, if you want one that is superficially a mk1 then this doesn't look too bad, if you want a genuine mk1 top to bottom i think you might be looking at a lot more pennies!!
i really have no idea and only speculating here, but if it's just for the looks of the mk1 then having the bits you can't see off a later model might be better in terms of ride/reliability etc - but this is just guessing as i don't think there's ever been a mk that's confortable and reliable!!!

Yeah, I mean ideally I'd like a MK1 as original as possible, but my budget probably won't stretch that far. I've currently got a Cooper Sport (X2000) which I would probably look to sell on if I did buy a MK1. I just wonder if this would be a good compromise? if I changed the wheels, sorted out the dash etc. The mechanical stuff (engine, brakes, gearbox) I reckon I can live with.

How much do you reckon I could pick up a semi-decent MK1 for?

#13 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

This was for sale at uttoxeter mini show a couple of years ago just been 'restored' and was up for £3000 o.n.o I looked at it but was put off by the amount of non period mods. The restoration looked to have been done to an o.k. diy standard but by no means mint. All that said it would have been worth £2.5- £3k then. regards Steve

#14 roker_lad

roker_lad

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

This was for sale at uttoxeter mini show a couple of years ago just been 'restored' and was up for £3000 o.n.o I looked at it but was put off by the amount of non period mods. The restoration looked to have been done to an o.k. diy standard but by no means mint. All that said it would have been worth £2.5- £3k then. regards Steve

Wow, really interesting stuff Steve! I went to see it tonight, definitely not worth the 4,500 he has it up for. He told me he had rejected 4,000 (not sure whether that was true) It was like you said as well, very much a DIY job. The servo was hanging out from under the dash, and it just looked generally shabby inside,

Thanks for all the heads up people!

#15 MiniLuke

MiniLuke

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Well, I have never seen the brake servo under the dash before!

What would make someone do this to a mk1? The 12" wheels look really silly IMO.

Where is it advertised?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users