Got a bit more done tonight, and as usual I ran into a setback or two.
I fitted the second seatbelt stalk captive plate. Having done one already, this was a piece of cake and only took a couple of minutes.
I gave my washer bottle a good wash - this included the cap, the plastic thread in the cap and the plastic gauze filter in the filler neck. This had accumulated all sorts of dirt and stuff during its time in storage including what looked like the remains of spider's eggs. A few minutes with some bleach and judicious use of a scrubbing brush had everything looking much cleaner. By the looks of things, the bottle itself either began with a blue-ish tinge, or the number of years that it's had screenwash in it has permanently stained it.
I then turned my attention to the wiper motor as this will probably go in the car soon, mainly to get it out of the way as it's not the easiest thing to store. I firstly looked at the wheelboxes and the outer rack tubing. This was covered in surface rust following my rust removal back when I'd first removed it. I will clean this up and respray it. However, when I originally cleaned it, I did not take the wheelboxes apart, and they're really stiff and covered in solidified old grease. Time for a dunk in the parts washer and a re-fresh.
Whilst working on the wiper bits, I decided that the best way to get rid of the hubs that I kept having to move was to put them on the car. I would have also connected up the steering rack but then I realised that I didn't have any locknuts for the track rod ends. These will need to wait until another day. The hubs themselves are just finger tight at the moment as I will doubtless need to pop a balljoint or two to get the engine & driveshafts in.
Finally I checked the glued-together lens. Typically some glue has seeped out on the outside. I might be able to save this by some careful Dremel work, but as there's another one coming it'll be good for a spare if nothing else.
Seatbelt stalk mount in place. Significantly easier than the first one... (Excuse the rubbish pic)
Funky washer bottle now devoid of spider eggs and looking clean again. Made by Mitsubishi.
Wheelboxes look nasty. Time for a Parts Washer dunking.
Hubs on (albeit only loosely)
It's just a little seepage! (Hopefully the Dremel can clear it up)