Twisty

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

was that question to me or roofless,does look good tho,

Sorry mate it was aimed at roofless,

Nollyd: your idea with the packing foam is the idea i would go with, that way you can create something very unique and get some interesting curves into it, and place your dials and gauges etc where you like them, you can also plan in some room for some speakers up front to give your dash a more factory look.

all the best with the dash build

Edited by Twisty, 05 August 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#17 nollyd

nollyd

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

nice 1,cheers 4 that.

#18 emale75

emale75

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Hi

Did you ever finish this? 

I started working up a dash using a BINI dash....havent had time to fart recently, let alone finish it..... it showed a lot of promise, and was very unique... even a bit cheeky :D

canon1222.jpg
canon1223.jpg
canon1224.jpg

#19 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

I didnt to be honest.... got carried away on my '69 Mk2 instead.... but I think I still have all the bits if anyone wants them to have a go themselves :)

#20 thespikeyone

thespikeyone

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Local Club: none yet

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

I made mine using fleece and fibreglass resin then a bit of body filler, still need to get it upholstered.

0_B5_F7406_B1_A9_4_EA0_ACC7_BA084_F3_CB2

67_B119_AB_048_C_4_D1_C_8555_5_C6827294_

#21 pinkmini99

pinkmini99

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

hi all,been doing my own head in trying to think of a different way to do my dash,want something unique but good looking,thought of everything,latest idea is to use the expanding foam that packing companies use to secure things in boxes,seems solid enough,might try and fill a box the size of the dash i want to design,then i can carve away until i get the dash i want,am i being hopeful or is it worth a try.neva know other people might carve away,think of the different designs we would see,good or bad idea.

Basically your on to a good idea. You can use the foam and shape it to the shape you want then fibreglass over the top. Then make a mould and then mould a fibreglass one to use in your car.

If you search for making dashboard or body kits on YouTube theres a lot of videos and you can learn from there mistakes.

#22 emale75

emale75

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

I didnt to be honest.... got carried away on my '69 Mk2 instead.... but I think I still have all the bits if anyone wants them to have a go themselves :)

I could be up for that, I really like what you've done with it. What you after for it?

#23 Macming

Macming

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Miniclan

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

Here's a different slant on things , A bit old fashioned nowadays but when I built the MINUS, I fitted the Complete Dash Pod from a Mk 1 Metro Turbo. The wiring is the same colour code and  as long as you have the two multi plugs which connect into the back of  the pod you can graft together any circuits ( I cut 12 inch tails when I got mine from the scrappies.). I've got, Rev counter including the clock inside it, Speedo, corrected by the speedo drive in the G/Box, Temp, Fuel,  Indicators with separate  L&R,  Instruments lights , Oil, Gen, Main Beam, Handbrake and Choke warning lights. ( The choke cable is from a Mk 1 Range Rover. and has a little switch which clamps round the cable and works when you pull it out and in ) I just left the Brake pad wear, and the Seatbelt lights disconnected, It wasn't an easy fit, I had to cut into the top rail and make up one off brackets, But it works and it's different. That's the beauty of a Kit Car, you can get away with virtually anything

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users