90 replies to this topic

#31 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

My other problem is the the rear skin does not match up with the load bed which is why its rusted so bad. How can I fix this ?
Posted Image
Bottom
Posted Image

#32 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Inner sill stiffener panels... found them online. I need an exploded view of this truck...... So many panels...

#33 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

The Pro-Motive kit departed from Heathrow today!!!! I should see it Monday..

I ordered some inner sill stiffener and wheel arch panels from Somerford mini

Just need to finish the garage insulation I can stay warm for the winter...

#34 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

Picked up the kit from DHL. Might be leaving it the basement in the living room as a conversation art piece :proud: (where it currently resides). Starting to make a list of conversion pieces I need. Waiting on the panels from Somerford mini to get going on the floor restoration finished up. I started to modify the shifter mechanism so I can use the shift knob I paid too much for.

Seeing everyone else's build, I am worried that my brakes my not be up to snuff. I have the Paddy Hopkirk four pot brake calipers with EBC green stuff pads. My rotors are slotted and drilled. but they are not the thick vented metro ones. The master cylinder is just the normal bean can style with a single line to the right hand side and it branches off to the left hand side.

What are you opinions? Is that an adequate setup?

#35 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

looking at ordering a front nose panel to fit the mk1 grill. Anyone know which one I need?

#36 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hi, your brakes will be fine. What sort of wheels are you having? Will you need arches?
I'm running 10x4.5 minilights and just about managed to squeeze kad 6 pots but before that I had mini sport 4 pots with 7.5 discs. As long as you have some good brake pads and good quality discs (rotors) I'm sure you will be fine.
5pw is a much better bet than the 4xv or 5jj.
I had the 5jj fitted but blew it up. When I fitted the 5pw it was do much better.

#37 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

I have 13 by 7s right now. I was just worried about the brakes as it looks like everyone is running a servo. Put in an other somerford mini order today. Wonce those panels get here, Its go time!

#38 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

Well it has been a month since I last posted.

Most of my floor panels have showed up I am just waiting on my huge Somerfordmini order. they said it should be here mid Feb...
Posted Image

Modified the gear **** lever so I can use my shift knob that I bought. Still needs to be cleaned up a bit. I thought about getting it powder coated black or chromed
Posted Image

Still having issues finding a motor. I am hoping one will pop up soon. That way I can get the whole subframe ready to drop in. Once the body work is complete.

#39 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

I think most of us have a servo because our cars are all later post 84 minis. Wouldn't worry too much about it. Probably have more feel to the pedal without the servo and unless your a little old lady with no strength in your right foot you won't nessasarly need a servo.

#40 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the explanation. Anybody use the Automec "copper" brake line kit? I can't find any info to see if they are Cunifer or not.

Somerford panels have be set back another three weeks for shipping...

#41 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

Motor bike topic is dead... Mini brake lines are a bubble flare??
Is there a promotive update coming to fit a newer R1 engine haha. 5PWs are scarce these days

#42 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Ordered some cool stuff from DSN while waiting for somerford to ship my panels.. I should see them first week of March.

http://restorationmi...ttach=455;image

Edited by Aceslow, 26 February 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#43 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

There are actually seals you buy that fills up this gap but I am doubtful it's ever going to be "sealed" so making sure the inside of the box sections are sufficiently coated is a good idea.

http://www.somerford...roducts_id=1471

Chris

My other problem is the the rear skin does not match up with the load bed which is why its rusted so bad. How can I fix this ?
Posted Image

#44 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

That gap is standard then?

#45 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

It is, the load floor only directly touches the quarter panel at the seam behind the wheel arch unless a replacement load floor without that section is used as none of the aftermarket load floors are stamped with that stepped corner.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users