Posted Image
Posted Image

Specs:
1293cc,
Stage 4 head
Weber 45
Swifttune duplex gear and SW10 (I think) cambelt
1:1.5 Roller tip rockers.
New large bore exhaust (forgotten exact type unfortunately)
As you can see from the dyno, she was producing a very healthy amount of power/torque.

Unfortunately have had zero time to fiddle around with her, which has depressed me no end.
Unfortunately, there is a gearbox issue - I described it to a gearbox guy and he was said it sounded like the double roller bearing needed replacing. Should mention the clutch slave cylinder needs replacing too - at least the rubber grommet does.

Apart from that, she was expected to sail through the MOT

Anyway, I am wanting to sell her - at the moment I am tempted to remove the cylinder head and weber and replace with the original ones that came with the car and sell the removed ones either separately or keep them oiled and waiting for my next purchase.

Only other thing thats on my mind is the difference in cost in selling as is, or selling after I have paid someone to fix the gearbox and get it taxed and mot'd
What do you think?

#2 Se7enS1ns

Se7enS1ns

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

In my experience, GT's tend to hold their value more so based on originality, so with that in mind you might be as wise putting the original head and carb back on, sell the the stg4 on, and still retain the best part of your asking price - I dont think having these bit on the engine will inflate the asking price much.

In terms of the gearbox and lack of tax/MOT, it might be worth flogging as-is and taking the hit on the nose, as I don't feel you'd recover the labour/MOT/Tax costs in the asking price.

Just my opinion of course...

#3 BadgerBaiter

BadgerBaiter

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

That is pretty much what I have been thinking.
The head was is a Ben Ross and I think it would be better to hold onto that and the carb for my next mini or indeed, sell separately.
Ugh, I hate the thought of losing her :(

#4 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Bag of sand as is as long as it not too rotten

#5 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Sell us yer wheels, Mister? I have a GT crying out for them!

#6 Se7enS1ns

Se7enS1ns

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Sorry?

#7 BadgerBaiter

BadgerBaiter

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Sorry, thats unfortunately quite a bit less than I am needing. ;) Thanks though.

#8 Se7enS1ns

Se7enS1ns

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Out of interest, what's it worth in your mind, or what would you like to see for it?

#9 BadgerBaiter

BadgerBaiter

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Was thinking about a minimum, with the original head and carb, for £1500. Can't be less than that unfortunately .

#10 Se7enS1ns

Se7enS1ns

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

I wouldn't say that's unreasonable, however you might be waiting around for a buyer for a while, what with the 'box in need of repair / lack of T&T an' all.

I don't suppose satin black is everyones cup of tea either ;)

#11 ANON

ANON

More Jammy than a Jammy dodger.

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Local Club: pony

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

if it's a good solid shell and hasn't had loads of owners i'd be looking at it for around £800 tops.
not being funny but a rr printout from ten years ago doesn't really mean much for selling it now.

#12 BadgerBaiter

BadgerBaiter

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, satin black is a bit... hmm well, as you say, not to everyone's taste. I can wait a bit. Not sure how much it would cost to get the gearbox fixed to be honest If it would put the price up above the cost of fixing it (if that makes sense) then I'll try and get that done.

No, I saw that date, I am not quite sure why the date is from 10 years ago... I was still in America then. That was from three years ago.... still in the past however.
If its going to get around £800 then I think I'll hang on to it and try and figure something else out.

#13 Se7enS1ns

Se7enS1ns

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

The appearance is always going to be the main selling point of any car, more so with a desirable model like a GT. As I said originally, the price is in the originality - without that you've just got a matte black pocket rocket with a dodgy box and no test - this will affect the price quite drastically when compared to say a well kept original 1275GT.

As I said, say the box costs you £200 to have put right, and lets say another what, £40 for the test (assuming it doesn't need anything) then tax on top at another £70, lets call it an even £300 for arguments sake - you'll be lucky to see £200 of that back in the asking price, BUT it does prevent those been used against you as 'talk down' points from your asking price.

Saying that, the presentation of a test cert and a tax disc is a bit more confidence inspiring. I stand by my original claim - £1500 is a fair price to ask for, I'm just not confident you'll see it.

#14 BadgerBaiter

BadgerBaiter

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Ah fair enough, thank you for that. Unfortunately for various reasons I have been having to put getting her back on the road on hold for a while.
I am 90% confident that she'll get through the MOT with the gearbox fixed. I was actually intending to get her resprayed as frankly it'll look a lot better in a more suitable colour and finish.
Will see what can be and done and thanks for your input.

#15 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Sorry?

Bag of sand = a grand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users