#46 gonepostal

gonepostal

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Local Club: Mini's of Miami

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

How did you get that much of the frame out? I cut mine in three pieces to get it in the steel body.

#47 minithekid

minithekid

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

good to see you still have hart for your project!....good luck and well done!... :proud:

#48 BIGCVH

BIGCVH

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

good luck

#49 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hi guys, here's a little update for you all.

The new frame is ready and paid for, should be here in a few weeks.

It's a race spec, with additional lower door bars to hopefully make it safer than the previous one.

Will start working on it soon...

Inkq0Xk.jpg

32KCpRW.jpg

#50 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

It's finally here..

Attached Files

Edited by andream88, 16 September 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#51 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

It's finally here..

Welcome back to the z club, look forward to the story unfolding.

#52 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:35 PM

OMG only now had a look at your crashed mini, It's now got me thinking if that's a steel body and you had 2 broken legs at 50MPH  what would happen in a fiberglass shelled car do to my legs ( Got me thinking)

I can see a winter project to reinforce the underbelly of my car.

Don

Edited by dondo, 20 October 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#53 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

Any updates??

#54 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

A brief summary of the story:

November '14

race kit ordered.

50% paid in advance.

SPEC: Powder coated black and with special door bars (provided pics to Chris for reference).

I also asked if it was possible to make it so I could fit the AC (Chris said they had never done it, 3 days labour to try and find a solution - I said no thanks).

December '14

They say the frame is ready.

I ask for pics (just in time as the frame had already been loaded on the trailer to be sent to the powdercoating factory), turns out they got the doors cross bars wrong. 

January '15

Door bars are modified. Frame is ready.

I ask for a lot of tech info as I needed to order all the other parts for the car...but it is REALLY difficult to get hold of them.

February - April '15

I see a factory built car with AC on their FB page. I think "then they have done it!?!?".

I ask them to add the AC to my kit.

They say "ok, we have already started modifying your kit". But their communications skills are so bad that it's impossible to understand WHAT will be modified.

After a few weeks they say "we had a meeting regarding your AC and decided against it".

I say OK, even though not very happy.

April '15

I order the last few parts needed (full set of shocks/wheels etc) and send them the balance. They say the frame will be shipped soon.

July '15

The shocks are not ready yet.

Steve sends me an email saying everything is ready and will be sent with or without shocks by the end of July so I can start working on it during the holidays.

I ask him to double-triple check everything before dispatch as shipping is very expensive.

August '15

No news about the crate being shipped.

Steve doesn't reply to emails anymore. He probably is on holidays.

September '15

Lisa sends me an email asking to send the last 250£, saying that otherwise they couldn't ship the crate.

I tell them to ******* off. First you ship the crate, then I pay the 250£. C'mon I have been patiently waiting for the kit since November '14!!!!

They finally ship the crate (with 500+£ worth in parts missing. Smart people!).

MISSING PARTS (DID THEY CHECK THE CRATE BEFORE SHIPPING????):

- fiberglass fenders

- under-engine frame bar

- steering column

- rear shocks springs

- front subframe turrets bolts

AND:

- rear shocks mounting points are not straight

- they welded a horrible laser cut ZCARS metal plate on the back of the frame without asking

- the front subframe anodised parts are of the wrong color

I asked them to pick up the frame, repair the shock mounting points and send it back to me.

I also asked to ship all the missing parts.

Steve replies:

The shock mounting points are not supposed to come like that, but they will work anyway. If you want you can ship the crate back to us and we will modify them for you (yeah, sure! shipment is only 700+£!!!)

We will send the under-engine frame bar to the powdercoaters and ship all the missing parts to you.

NOVEMBER '15

Not heard from Simon or Steve since, and I am still waiting for the missing parts.

I even asked to talk with Chris, but got no answer.

I think the company is no longer owned by him.

Saying that I am gutted is an understatement.

They are only interested in getting your money, customer satisfaction means nothing to them.

Quality control is non existent.

You send them an email with 5 questions. They reply after one week with the answers to one or two and who cares about the rest.

They say it's because they don't have the time. It seems they have enough time to post on here and to share pics on Facebook though.......

It's a real pity.

All the problems I have had with them are due to lack of communication. It would be so easy to put things right.

P.S.

Are there any lawyers on here?

I would appreciated a bit of advice on the matter.

lNwgT4Q.jpg

mRkewrL.jpg

q0EdYhy.jpg

M4BieMP.jpg

SVHM1mG.jpg

Edited by andream88, 01 November 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#55 BLING BLING WHEELZ

BLING BLING WHEELZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

A brief summary of the story:

November '14
race kit ordered.
50% paid in advance.
SPEC: Powder coated black and with special door bars (provided pics to Chris for reference).
I also asked if it was possible to make it so I could fit the AC (Chris said they had never done it, 3 days labour to try and find a solution - I said no thanks).

December '14
They say the frame is ready.
I ask for pics (just in time as the frame had already been loaded on the trailer to be sent to the powdercoating factory), turns out they got the doors cross bars wrong. 

January '15
Door bars are modified. Frame is ready.
I ask for a lot of tech info as I needed to order all the other parts for the car...but it is REALLY difficult to get hold of them.

February - April '15
I see a factory built car with AC on their FB page. I think "then they have done it!?!?".
I ask them to add the AC to my kit.
They say "ok, we have already started modifying your kit". But their communications skills are so bad that it's impossible to understand WHAT will be modified.
After a few weeks they say "we had a meeting regarding your AC and decided against it".
I say OK, even though not very happy.

April '15
I order the last few parts needed (full set of shocks/wheels etc) and send them the balance. They say the frame will be shipped soon.

July '15
The shocks are not ready yet.
Steve sends me an email saying everything is ready and will be sent with or without shocks by the end of July so I can start working on it during the holidays.
I ask him to double-triple check everything before dispatch as shipping is very expensive.

August '15
No news about the crate being shipped.
Steve doesn't reply to emails anymore. He probably is on holidays.

September '15
Lisa sends me an email asking to send the last 250£, saying that otherwise they couldn't ship the crate.
I tell them to ******* off. First you ship the crate, then I pay the 250£. C'mon I have been patiently waiting for the kit since November '14!!!!
They finally ship the crate (with 500+£ worth in parts missing. Smart people!).

MISSING PARTS (DID THEY CHECK THE CRATE BEFORE SHIPPING????):
- fiberglass fenders
- under-engine frame bar
- steering column
- rear shocks springs
- front subframe turrets bolts

AND:
- rear shocks mounting points are not straight
- they welded a horrible laser cut ZCARS metal plate on the back of the frame without asking
- the front subframe anodised parts are of the wrong color

I asked them to pick up the frame, repair the shock mounting points and send it back to me.
I also asked to ship all the missing parts.

Steve replies:
The shock mounting points are not supposed to come like that, but they will work anyway. If you want you can ship the crate back to us and we will modify them for you (yeah, sure! shipment is only 700+£!!!)
We will send the under-engine frame bar to the powdercoaters and ship all the missing parts to you.

NOVEMBER '15
Not heard from Simon or Steve since, and I am still waiting for the missing parts.
I even asked to talk with Chris, but got no answer.
I think the company is no longer owned by him.

Saying that I am gutted is an understatement.
They are only interested in getting your money, customer satisfaction means nothing to them.
Quality control is non existent.
You send them an email with 5 questions. They reply after one week with the answers to one or two and who cares about the rest.
They say it's because they don't have the time. It seems they have enough time to post on here and to share pics on Facebook though.......
It's a real pity.
All the problems I have had with them are due to lack of communication. It would be so easy to put things right.

P.S.
Are there any lawyers on here?
I would appreciated a bit of advice on the matter.

lNwgT4Q.jpg

mRkewrL.jpg
q0EdYhy.jpg
M4BieMP.jpg
SVHM1mG.jpg

Having the same issue. they ow me 2500 grands worth of parts, apparently they are have cash flow issues.
Am currenty going through court to get the part/ money let me know how it goes with you
15k spent with them and get treated like crap.
Have a car i connot run.
Do not wont to have to put this on as it is a brittliant product but have been trying to get parts out of then for 8 month and see no other option

#56 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Good lord....... :-(

#57 StefanPieter

StefanPieter

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Local Club: FDMC

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

Not good gents!

#58 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

gut wrenching. dreams turn into nightmares.

#59 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

The story continues (along the same lines!!).

Look at these rear fenders please. I paid 200£+vat for them (incl. the front ones), and what??? Yes guys they are different left/right. Unbelievable.

IUyuD0R.jpg

5WKRtnC.jpg

UJyLmhe.jpg

And missing turret spacer.... :(

gjPngYg.jpg

#60 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

Andrea, I was going to press the like button above but you cant like not getting decent/missing parts....... O_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users