MiniMadNox

Previously known as minimad1992

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hey Guys!

I've just had my driving test and failed :(

I managed to scrape the curb when going round a corner because a land rover came over the centre line and i over steered >:( I'm so annoyed at my self because i had a nice chatty examiner and had quite an easy route.

I did a 3 point turn and a emergency stop, and i completed my independent driving. It's just so easy to make a little mistake costing you to fail. I only got 3 minors which were for looking in mirrors, hesitance and lane discipline. But a silly mistake that lasted less than a second made me fail :(

It's just really frustrating, i want to drive my mini so badly.

When i returned home i found my car with the alloys i bought (from a guy off TMF) fitted, My dad put them on for me coming home and was going to get my insurance sorted out straight away. I guess that plan didnt work out.

But just look how good the wheels look on my car :) It's cheered me up a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've painted my arches the same colour as my car but haven't got photos yet.

Also i have re-booked my test for the beginning of November! Hopefully this time i wont make any silly mistakes :D

Anyone else made silly mistake making them fail thier tests? i'd love to hear all the funny stories.

Cheers, James ^_^

#2 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

I bumped into the kirb on my parallel park and got 13 minors...but passed and thats all that matters.

Two years later and all the worrying about learning to drive seems 100000000000 miles away

#3 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I passed first time at 17 (quite a few years ago) but during the test hit and killed a pigeon...driving instructor said I did very well not to panic and he was very impressed.

Truth is I didnt see it :lol:

#4 Bearface

Bearface

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

I failed my first time really badly because I was so nervous. Most people seem to pass second time...take some Kalms tablets! I was gutted when I failed and cried but there is always next time and soon you will be driving your Mini. :) Love that colour purple by the way!

Oh on my first test the examiner grabbed the wheel at one point as apparently I was too close to a car...I was so nervous I stalled 3 times in a row on a hill. On my 2nd test I was about to finish the test, I was feeling quite confident and I clipped the kerb...I only got a minor for that phew! I passed with 6 minors. It will be one of the best days of your life when you do pass.

#5 bcjames

bcjames

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

I was happily doing my driving test, all going well, then after about 25 minutes and only having done one manoeuvre (I think it was one, it was a couple of years ago) the instructor asked me to return to the test centre and directed me back there. I thought I had messed up and he'd called an end to the test early. We pulled in to the test centre and he asked me to reverse in to the bay.

I sat there waiting for him to fail me when he said I'd passed, the reverse park was the second manoeuvre. After the ten minute drive back to the centre with me under the impression i'd failed I was so chuffed when he said I'd passed! 2 minors for pulling out too hastily on roundabouts. I'm so glad I kept it together on the drive back and kept doing everything by the book else I might have messed my own test up!

The new wheels look great and really suit the Equinox :)

#6 Bearface

Bearface

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Oh and I passed my test and I still can't park very well and roundabout lanes confuse me.

#7 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

First of all, top marks about being positive about it and just wanting to get on with it again :thumbsup: its very easy for people to get too hung up with it when a simple thing like yours (land rover too far over) messes things up, these things happen as you'll find out and your not expected to be 100% on the ball when it does for your test

Good luck for next time and yep the mini is looking good, nice work

#8 oscat

oscat

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Don't beat yourself up about it, you should just be glad you don't have to wait 4 months to book another test!!!
I passed my third time, which was easily the worst driving I did in any of my tests, stalled twice and didn't stop at a stop sign properly xD Still got no majors tho.
I was so angry at my instructor after I failed the first time, because he brought a new car 5 days before my test, and a 1.6TDI is completely different to a 1.8 petrol!!
By the way, love your Mini, always liked the look of purple on them I just think it works really well. Those new wheels look smart too.

#9 Magic jason

Magic jason

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

i almost failed my test right at the start! took me three attempts to read a numberplate from however meters away they do it :- made the tester laugh thou. ended up only getting three minors, even got my instructor to drive me back :lol: only person in my family to pass first time :D

#10 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

Oh and I passed my test and I still can't park very well and roundabout lanes confuse me.

You and half the country! :D It did take me a while after my test to master parallel parking! I’m often amazed how some people on the road ever passed their tests. Forget a bit of poor lane discipline or dodgy parking, that’s nothing, I question the basic driving skills of just being vaguely aware of anything around you! Personally, I’m in favour of re-testing every five years or so, but know that would never be allowed to happen!

I don’t have a driving test story but I do have a learner driver story. My sister is a terrible driver (the type I question should ever be allowed on the road!) and eventually passed her test on the fifth attempt. While she was learning, my mother-in-law took her out for a practise. They came to a roundabout and my sister went straight over it in fourth. After the roundabout my mother-in-law asked her why she didn’t change down for the roundabout and she just replied ‘What roundabout’! Over her 20 plus years of driving, she has kept us amused/horrified with her little driving mishaps – and she’s not much better on a bicycle either! :o

#11 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC / Kentish

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

I failed my driving test at first attempt because I overtook a mobility scooter without indicating! Silly as shouldn't even have been in the road.

i've now had my car licence for 5 years, my 7.5tonne for 3 years, my IAM certificate, a blue light advanced driving certificate and am driving big yellow things around central london - so don't be disheartened, your time will come.

Cheers

Tom

#12 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

I couldn't keep my left leg from shaking when trying to hold the clutch at the bite on my test. That was scary, but luckily I didn't have to hold it on the bite much in the test.

Good luck on your next test :)

#13 valve bounce

valve bounce

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

well i got to the test center met the bloke did the normal no.plate rubbish then he says so which car is your (he was 6ft5 and about 18stone) the little blue mini i said, so he sqeazed in and off we went. he had the seat laid back that far he told me be coulnt see the road properly then after just 25 minutes we were back at the test station a he anounced he had just had 7month off with a bad back.

passed first time 3 minors, to fast round round about, car postion when turning right and to fast over speed bump

#14 zelliott

zelliott

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

MiniMadKnox., what colour is your mini? mine's exactly the same colour and ive been trying to find someone/thing with a matching scheme and found nothing (:

#15 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

That colour is amaranth metallic purple and was one of the colours of the special edition Equinox but also my Rover 214si :lol:

Good luck with your next test! Just remember not to hold a grudge against all similar looking land rovers and recreate some scenes from Mr Bean with the Reliant ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users