57 replies to this topic

#16 giner88

giner88

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

i passed third time....... while living in Cyprus. granted the test is technically easier especially because theres not really a theory test lol BUT if anyone here has ever been and drove in cyprus you will know how unpredictable the drivers are there. so not only are you driving for yourself you must predict every other Cypriot fool ........... anyway the main reason i passed was because i spent about 99% of my third test stuck in a traffic jam hahahaha but if i can pass anyone can pass

#17 giner88

giner88

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

being a tad hard on myself there lets say 80% stuck in traffic. still did my maneuvers perfectly

#18 kingbenvolio

kingbenvolio

Top man with a top hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Well, I failed mine in august! The tester told me to drive up a no entry, and foolishly, I went to obey! Didn't actually turn because he over dramatically grabbed the steering wheel an shouted 'STOP'; bloody git! :) I would have passed if it wasn't for that :')
Also on one of my early lessons, I was driving down a street, and got overtaken by an old lady walking past with a zimmerphrame :')
Love your mini by the way! I've always been fond of purple minis! And yours is a beaut!

#19 redhot-mini

redhot-mini

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Local Club: North Devon Mini Register

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

sorry to hear you failed my test tho ... was 15 mins long i drove about 5 miles pulled over to times ternd around came back and then the instructor said "O we havnt done any manovers reverse in the parking bay" at the test center and i passed,
the funny thing is i was looking at the clock the hole time and when i saw the test center agen after 15 mins i was finking we must be going somewhere elce he said tern left in 2 the test center and i fort he said tern right 2 go in to another street so there i am swerving across 2 lanes saying S**T you said left and i fort i failed because of that but nop he didnt even mark it down ( this was only 8 months ago )
good luck for your next time

#20 Spud_133

Spud_133

mmm potato and cheese....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Local Club: C&T Classics

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

I can beat that, I was most of my way through my test, then starting to head back to the test centre and coming out of a junction turning left, my back nsr wheel rode over a curb, so I thought I'd failed, and causally driving back, I pulled into the test centre and he said I'd passed. Think it helps my examiner had an elf and we were talking about minis all the way through. I got 9 minors, but for stupid things for not checking my mirrors when I was changing gear.

#21 zelliott

zelliott

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

I didnt really have anything unusual happen during apart from i was sweating bucketloads, but only from one armpit...

#22 jral4328

jral4328

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

I had my driving lesson before all was going well so I thought that the test was going to be a breeze we got to the test centre and my instructor ask "so have you got your card and paper license?" me ".... Oh ****!". We had 5 minutes to go till my test so I asked if we could go back but he said we wouldnt make but i persuaded him to go and it was the fasted he'd ever been in his car aha luckily we made just in time and I passed with only 3 minors :). Absolutely pooped my self.

#23 Swiftes

Swiftes

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

Unlucky about your test mate! I am thinking of getting an Equinox club going as quite a few of us have one! :)

#24 puggered

puggered

previously known as Mini15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

I passed my car test on my 3rd attempt :huh: Passed my PCV test on the 2nd attempt -_- and passed my HGV on the first attempt :P
The first car test was failed by touching the kerb on a reverse park. The second car test was failed because I didn't stop for a dog that ran out in front of me however I did slow down but not enough to please the examiner. There was a car right up my backside so wasn't prepared to slam on the anchors for a dog and get rammed. Needless to say the dog mad it across the road. I sad the 3rd test at a different testing station and passed it with a clean sheet!

Then a few years later it was PCV time [bus test] I failed the first test for speeding in an old clapped out double decker lol then passed the second time. I also got a written warning from the bus company for speeding on my test so when I finally passed I just left lol. A few years later I saved up for my heavy goods. By then I was well experienced with big motors so I took the chance and had only 2 driving lessons in a truck then sat the test on the 3rd day and passed with flying colours. I was well pleased :mrcool:

I don't envoy anyone sitting their test now because of the huge expense and theory/ hazard perception work involved. My little sister has spent hundreds of pounds on lessons and failed 2 tests. I'm still under the illusion that each test centre has to pass and fail so many candidates every week.

A guy in the work has paid for his son to have driving lessons and he said it works out at about £22 per lesson :o I feel old now because when I was learning to drive it was only £7 a lesson :rolleyes:

#25 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

I couldn't keep my left leg from shaking when trying to hold the clutch at the bite on my test. That was scary, but luckily I didn't have to hold it on the bite much in the test.

Good luck on your next test :)

When I done mine I can remember my leg shaking loads too. It was horrible!

I passed first time a few days before my 18. I had a Fiat as my first car and was so happy to finally be able to go driving on my own.

Oh and good luck for next time

Edited by megamini_jb, 02 October 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#26 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

Mine was a 6 minor affair that should have been a 2 minor one....I shall explain....

Went for my test, did an hours drive with my instructor to make me calmer and show I could do everything. That would have been a 0 minor one if it were actually my test....

So we rock up for the test at the test centre. and tehn the examiner arrived. My instructor said quite loudly "Oh f*ck! Not him!" How to put my nerves at rest eh?

Turns out it was the head examiner for Scotland. He teaches examiners how to be examiners so is well known for being amazingly strict when it comes to tests! So we head off and he tells me to put my lights on as Im already reaching for them. Minor.......

The rest I cant remember but I always chatted to my instructor to ease my nerves and make me smoother at driving but this dude was having none of that. "Just concentrate on the driving, speak when you're spoken to please. Take the next left at the roundabout"

So that sent me into panic mode but still passed first time with a respecatble 6 minors. Instructor said after I only deserved 2 of them so Im proud :)

#27 oliver122

oliver122

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

i had a woman examiner , and she wasnt very good really , she failed me on not looking over my left shoulder coming off a roundabout in the left lane , and then on the inderpentdant driving , if you make a wrong turn there not supposed to say anything , i went to make a turn and she started waving her arm in my line of sight :L , 2nd time was day after the royal wedding , he was a happy chap , that said we will go to a quite place , so we are not stuck in traffic xD

#28 puggered

puggered

previously known as Mini15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

I had an examiner like that on my first test. He was a right *******!

#29 MiniMadNox

MiniMadNox

Previously known as minimad1992

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

Haha all great stories, it makes me feel a bit better :) My examiner was so chatty that i can't remember most of my test. I only remember talking to him which made me less nervous but not concentrate as much. Ah well now i can afford to put a dashboard in and save up for my insurance next month :P

Keep the stories coming :D

#30 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

My driving instructor told me one of his pupils did their test in a Mini, when it came to bay parking she shoved it in sideways and still passed as it was within the lines :bah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users