• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

I did hear about the motor cyclist who was taking his test. Of course, the examiner just watches and told the guy to ride around the block and do an emergency stop when he (the examiner) stepped out from behind a parked vehicle into his path. Our brave motor cyclist went round and round the block, even passing the scene of an accident several times at which an ambulance eventually arrived. It turned out that the accident happened to the examiner who had stepped out in front of the wrong motor cycfle.

#32 darky32

darky32

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet !!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Car looks great James with the new wheels, sorry to hear about your Test problems but next time you will fly through it as you know what is expected.

Mark ;D

#33 skinnyminny

skinnyminny

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: Geeks N Freaks

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

I thought I'd failed within about 5 minutes of starting my test - pulled out of the test centre to a double roundabout, one of the ones that looks like this: O=O

Examiner told me to go 1st exit on the 1st and 3rd exit on the second, ended up having to cut into the right hand lane between the two because I forgot which way on the second roundabout. Didn't mirror check but luckily the guy didn't notice (woo for 8am tests!!) Passed in the end with about 5 minors for clutch control and mirror checks (he asked me to turn in the road on a stretch with a really steep slope, meanie!)

Well done for rebooking, go at it like it's your first and even if you think you failed, keep going like you did nothing wrong, I have a friend who screwed up at the start but as the rest of his test went so well the examiner only gave him a minor for it and told him it would have been a major had the test not been great otherwise!

Good luck :)

#34 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

i passed mine first time with 4 minors. I was as calm as anything so that helped and the fact i had my instructor in the car with me helped me out alot aswell :) i only had to do a turn in the road and thats where i got one of my minors, for leaving a left indicator on whilst turning right to do the manouver :L

#35 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

I failed my first, screwed up the parallel park. Passed second time with only two minors I think.

My mum still maintains she passed first time with no minors. I have seen no proof.

A friend, whilst at school just over 10 years ago, failed with a Danger. Test stopped immediately.

Another friend took 7 attempts to pass. And an acquaintance at work had one on one lessons for 8 weeks solid, passed on second attempt but his driving his scary. He hates driving but needs it for work. Still can't drive in Germany.

I laughed at the guy that didn't see the pigeon. :lol:

When I took mine, before the test I went and had a close look at all the reg plates at the required distance and memorised them all just to make sure!

#36 Eddy029

Eddy029

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

Failed my theory the first time by 1 mark on the hazard perception, I was not in a good mood that day.

Passed my practical test the first time with only 1 minor, spent most of the test waiting for a wagon to reverse into a tight entrance (thank you early test time during rush hour). Spent almost all my test worrying that I'd picked up loads of minors/majors and probably failed, then when it came to the end I was thrilled that I passed.

The minor was for not overtaking a cyclist, who was going up a hill and I thought I'd stay behind him in case something was coming over the blind summit. That hesitation cost me a clean pass, and is the reason that I now hate all cyclists. :D

#37 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

I passed first time at 17 (quite a few years ago) but during the test hit and killed a pigeon...driving instructor said I did very well not to panic and he was very impressed.

Truth is I didnt see it :lol:

So I killed a pigeon and passed my test....... the other part to my test day (20+ years ago) was once I got home feeling very proud of myself I took my mums mini for a spin. Toodled into town window down, shades on thinking I was the bees knees reached the roundabout going out of town and had a complete mental block......went round it the wrong way and as doing so a police car was coming round the correct way >_<

He pulled me over...where I immediately burst into tears sobbing that I'd just passed my test and my dad would kill me. Mr nice young policeman sat with me told me it was fine and not to worry just to try and be more careful in future :proud:

Hehehehe the joys of been female and 17 with a mini skirt on me thinks ;D

#38 kieranjt

kieranjt

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

I passed... 5th time, two weeks after i passed i flew out to india and drove a rickshaw down the coast for a month...
I have loads of excuses for failing but it was just me crumbling under all the pressure, on my 5th go my driving instructor screamed at me for a full hour before my test, i then went and passed with 2 minors. He had good tactics, being shouted at for an hour was suddenly worth while :lol:

#39 kingbenvolio

kingbenvolio

Top man with a top hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

I did hear about the motor cyclist who was taking his test. Of course, the examiner just watches and told the guy to ride around the block and do an emergency stop when he (the examiner) stepped out from behind a parked vehicle into his path. Our brave motor cyclist went round and round the block, even passing the scene of an accident several times at which an ambulance eventually arrived. It turned out that the accident happened to the examiner who had stepped out in front of the wrong motor cycfle.

Sounds like a Frank Spencer moment ;)

#40 kingbenvolio

kingbenvolio

Top man with a top hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

Passed my driving test today!
Failed my last one, and had the same guy again!
But he fortunatly didnt remember that i called him, the bad word that can be used to describe a lady garden, last time :')

#41 bcjames

bcjames

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Just saw your post on facebook Ben, congratulations :thumbsup:

#42 kingbenvolio

kingbenvolio

Top man with a top hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Ahh cheers pal :D

#43 Claibo

Claibo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

Passed my driving test today!
Failed my last one, and had the same guy again!
But he fortunatly didnt remember that i called him, the bad word that can be used to describe a lady garden, last time :')

Congrats

It took 4 tries to pass mine! First time round my instructor said that it would have been a miracle if I'd passed with the examiner I had, apparently she's not seen many pass with her. Second time round the examiner pulled me over and I forgot to check my blind spot as I was pulling away, which would have only been a minor if we'd carried on but he kept repeating the exercise, even trying to give me hints (I just thought he'd got a bad cough lol) and ended up being a major because I got it wrong so many times, then the 3rd attempt I really messed up on, stopping in the middle of a dual carriageway when coming from a side road to go right, there wasn't really enough room to stop and then I ended up mounting the curb in a panic when I pulled away. 4th time round I decided to take the test in my own car, as stepping from my 1.3 swift to my instructors 1.9TD Polo was like getting used to a new car every time I took my test. I finally passed, but the examiner said he wouldn't trust me to drive his kids to school... charming!! I was sat there thinking "I wouldn't want to, but I don't care I've passed".

#44 twrminisport

twrminisport

Jesus

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

When i did my test i did it in my own car.
So the instructor does his little safety check on my mini

All good

About halfway through the test he implements the emergency stop.

As i stopped i was dimly aware of the rear seat back flying foward and striking the examiner on the back of the head :/
Basically id forgotten to put the screws in and attach it properly

Luckily i passed because whilst he was not impressed he said he used to have a mini and it was through no fault of my own haha

#45 minijawa

minijawa

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

When I took my first driving test I failed for incorrect use of the gears etc..........I had been driving my mini about for ages on l plates but ended up taking my test in a 5 speed corsa.........I forgot all about 5th gear!!

Then when I passed my bike test later that year the examiner made me promise not to ride anywhere near where he lived!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users