16 replies to this topic

#1 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

hello all my name is jason i am from Illinois, and i purchased a hayabusa kit and front subframe from zcars usa back in march. i am just now getting around to the build now and i have noticed that the kit i got to the kit now i guess is supplied with a exhaust. This sucks for me because now i have got to have something custom made. does anyone no if zcars will supply the exhaust for me sents my kit didnt come with it. I have tried to contact both usa store and uk store and i have not got anything from them in return on any question i have had. Thats one complaint i have now for the next, I have got the motor mounted in the car and the rear bolts lined up just fine and the front motor mounts are a quarter inch off and will half to cut and relocate these mounts now. and the front sproket that came with the kit does not fit the motor either at all. i am also have the same problems as others on the front subframe with the steering steam. And other then that i ordered a kit for right hand drive and i got a kit for left hand, was in contact with the usa store for 2 months to get the right piece and nothing ever came out of it. and i ordered the zcars hood and front clip and i got the square gas tank that wont work with the hood. basically i was very disappointed with the kit for the money that i spent and nothing is working out on it very well. I no this is a custom install but when you gotta redue alot of stuff on the kit that has already been powdercoated just doesnt settle with me to well. If anyone nows anyway to comunicate with anyone from there let me now, please

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:07 AM

Hi Jason

I am afraid that I cant help you with the issue you have specifically with the engine, however I would suggest that you can try calling them, they cant ignore you if your on the other end of the phone.

I am sure that they can supply the exhaust seperately -at a cost obviously....

I had exactly the smae thing with my scooped bonnet, they supplied it with a big rectangular tank that even at the time when they gave it to me I said that I thought it wouldnt fit under the bonnet.

I am not sure what is going on with the USA distributor, he started a build diary then suddenly nothing, I even tried emailing him to see what happened to the build but never got a reply so I am guessing he is no longer the USA distributor.

To be honest my build was riddled with things that needed redoing or required swapping broken parts for good or just incorrect parts, the big difference was that I am in the UK and can easily get in the car on a weekend and go and get the right bits from them (even though it was a 600mile round trip), its a bit more difficult for you.

As for engine mount holes being that far out is not good and I can see why it doesnt settle with you.

Good luck with rest of the build and maybe someone can suggest a way of getting the engine in without having to cut and re-weld.

Andy

#3 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Jason, I know how you feel ;)

Welcome to the world of Z-Cars.................

Edited by rustandoil, 06 October 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#4 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hello Jason

According to the Zcars website it lists the exhaust and silencer as part of the bike engined kit road or race, so according to there own brochure you should have had a full exhaust system supplied.

The front mounts of the engine I believe are rubber mounted and a bit of brute force should get them lined up, they change the design quite frequently so I'm not sure what you have but is it possible to drill out the rear mounts for a little more give. Cutting off engine mounts and rewelding can't be right.

I would contact Chris directly at ZCars UK, they are usually very good at answering emails, failing that telephone them.

Cheers
David

#5 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

"Zcars steve" is a regular visitor to these forums, must say that he always replies to emails very quickly :)

#6 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the replies, I have tried to contact Brian at zcars also many times by email and phone and nothing. I have emailed the UK store a while back a couple times about tying to get the bar to keep my car right hand drive even offered the shipping and all no replies. I don't no if its because I am from the states but it kindof sucks. I will try and get a picture off the mounts to so how far they are off.

#7 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi Jason
This is the first I have heard about this you should have had an exhaust system with your kit without all the information I don't know why you didn't get one. regarding your RHD kit we can send you the rhd dash bars to swap everything over drop me an email or call and I will get this sorted

Steve

#8 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

Sounds promising ..................... :)

#9 Sheikh Pip

Sheikh Pip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Local Club: Sutton Coldfield Mini Club

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Well that's restored my faith in Z Cars a little, please let us all know how you get on with Steve's help, it'll help to make up my mind on wheather or not to convert mine.

#10 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Will do. I hope everything works out in the states we are limited on these cars

#11 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

ok for update. I got a sprocket that i needed, and offered to pay shipping on rest of stuff and havent heard back on anything. If you live in the states dont bother buying this kit. I am gonna half to build a custom exhaust now when it was suppose to come with the kit. and i am gonna half to make it the kit rhd drive too. because i ordered it in that that and got lhd. Its not steves fault i am sure i ordered it from brian in the states and that guy pretty much left the face of the earth,

#12 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

I've seen just the opposite. Z-cars is building a Monte Carlo kit for me. Any time I call to check on the progress someone has always answered the phone.

#13 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Well you are lucky then. Where you from? Steve was emailing me back just fine and then they just stopped. My phone isn't set up to call out of the US. So I had to email

#14 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Well you are lucky then. Where you from? Steve was emailing me back just fine and then they just stopped. My phone isn't set up to call out of the US. So I had to email

I'm from Central Oregon, Crooked River Ranch, just north of Bend.

#15 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

ok for update. I got a sprocket that i needed, and offered to pay shipping on rest of stuff and havent heard back on anything. If you live in the states dont bother buying this kit. I am gonna half to build a custom exhaust now when it was suppose to come with the kit. and i am gonna half to make it the kit rhd drive too. because i ordered it in that that and got lhd. Its not steves fault i am sure i ordered it from brian in the states and that guy pretty much left the face of the earth,

Is Brian in the states an official distributer of Z Cars in the states, or was he importing them and then adding a slice of profit. If Brian is an official distributer then contact Chris Allanson direct, I wouldn't speak to anyone else, this assumes you have exhausted all avenues trying to contact Brian first

Good Luck
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users