3 replies to this topic

#1 benfredjosh

benfredjosh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:13 AM

hey i have a 91 mini spi i want 2 change manifolds its a long story but i'lll just get to the point will i do damage if i reove the lamda sensor and not connect it 2 anything? or should i keep it connected?

#2 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

The lambda sensor has to be connected otherwise the mixture will be wrong!!

It's there for a reason :thumbsup:

#3 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:44 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure, but blanket statements like above only lead to confusion.

I know that the Motronic system used on various cars are actually BETTER if the sensor is disconnected as the input is only used at Wide Open Throttle (what), and to be a little richer there on certain cars is a good thing!

Having said that, I'm not sure what system the Mini uses, or how it's configured. So, I would agree with Sam for the moment... Better to be safe than sorry, but his reasoning is not necessarily right.

#4 Nu2mini

Nu2mini

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:38 PM

With regards to the possible consequences of bypassing anything on an SPI car I suggest you refer to this article and read all accompanying links.

http://www.theminifo...showtopic=20533

I have an SPI car with LCB exhaust which has Lambda fitted. Only possible consequence that I am currently restling with is a failure of MOT on emissions of which one possible cause is an after market exhaust.

Edited by Nu2mini, 09 March 2007 - 12:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users