#421 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Posted Image

Front and centre ;) see you around guys- look for the tallest bugger wondering around.

#422 glennthrower

glennthrower

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Are we having a new thread for photos? Or post in here

#423 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Picture thread is here http://www.theminifo...load-them-here/

#424 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

I had a great weekend. My two mates dropped out friday so I was going alone with my parents driving down separately and stopping in a B&B near Brighton. I only finished work at 4pm yesterday so it nearly 8pm when I arrived at CP, and the gates were closed so I had to walk in to pitch my tent in any spot I could find which in my case was right next to the road which seemed like a brilliant idea at 4:30 this morning. I kept to myself at CP although by pure coincidence, talking to a chap in the queue for the run packs this morning and he happened to live half a mile away from me, which was rather spooky. I took quite a lot of photos the rest of the morning, walking up the lines (I'll post a link to my flickr in the photos thread). The run was great fun, the best traffic jam I've ever been in at both ends. My parents had waited over an hour near the entrance to Madeira drive for me to take a picture when I came through. It was a good plan, until the bus in front of me stopped so I had to go around in, blocking me from their view :P

I didn't really have anything to buy, so I spent most of the day taking photos and just admiring all the cars on show. In all I got around 200 photos and video clips of most of the run which I will get around to editing and uploading to youtube.

I've only had about 6 hours sleep over the past two nights and done a lot more driving both in distance and time than I'm used to, but I had a great weekend despite being on my own and look forward to doing it next year, hopefully with more people. A big thank-you to LSMOC for organising the event, I couldn't fault them (well, apart from the 'drivers brief').

#425 chivz

chivz

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Oh I missed the driver breif - was it good? :-)

#426 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

I didn't really have anything to buy, so I spent most of the day taking photos and just admiring all the cars on show.

Me neither!!.... So I took only £50 in cash with me, just in case I found something I wanted. Then I stopped at a cashpoint in Crawley on the way and got out another £50 just in case!!.....

.... I managed to come home with only a fiver left and a bag full of mini goodies that I don't really need!! >_<

Edited by AVV IT, 21 May 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#427 Claibo

Claibo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

I had a great weekend, driving down with the DCMOC lot and a couple of minis from Barnsley Mini Club.

Drove down to Crystal Palace on the Saturday wondering what the hideous eggy smell was, we could only smell it with the windows open or when we were following one of the club members minis, put it down to her mini burning oil, wondered if the meat we were bringing had gone bad. It was only when we arrived at Crystal Palace from Nottingham that one of the DCMOC members, Hayley called her Dad to see if he had any idea. Next thing I'd lugged everything out my boot to find a steaming/smoking battery! A big thanks to the RAC, LSMOC, and the club members that helped me out, turned out that my alternator was overcharging the battery, glad I managed to make it down. Nothing other than my jerry can of petrol sat on top of the battery!!

Got to ride in the marshal's car with some tools to get the battery out, and the RAC chap took out my alternator whilst I went over to Halfords, equipped with one of the club members trade card to buy a new battery. One of the other guys from the RAC crew had a spare alternator sat in their garage that they sold to me for £20, and my battery cost me £38 with the discount so just under £60 to fix the whole ordeal was really very lucky :D My mini was all fixed and sorted within a couple of hours and I couldn't be more thankful!

Didn't meet any folk off here whilst I was down there, but hoping to meet more next time or at MITP perhaps. Drive down to Brighton was smooth, and the drive home even smoother. Followed an F reg blue mini along the a23 and up the m25 til the Oxford junction and spotted a few that overtook us, didn't see anyone on the M1 apart from a red one with a chequered roof that pulled into the services we'd stopped at.

Hope everyone else had a great time!

#428 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

You sound luckier than the lad whose clutch went on Marine Parade. He was about 20 seconds from the gate in and broke down right in front of where my parents were sat on a bench. I suppose the only good thing was that he probably would have been able to get all the parts to fix his car at the show. Better than breaking down 20 minutes into the drive home when all the traders have packed away.

#429 Claibo

Claibo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

You sound luckier than the lad whose clutch went on Marine Parade. He was about 20 seconds from the gate in and broke down right in front of where my parents were sat on a bench. I suppose the only good thing was that he probably would have been able to get all the parts to fix his car at the show. Better than breaking down 20 minutes into the drive home when all the traders have packed away.

The RAC guy told me someone else had killed their gearbox :(

#430 t@z

t@z

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: www.turbominis.co.uk

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

it was quite amusing seeing all the RAC vehicles laying in wait along the route like lions scouting for there next victim :P

#431 Claibo

Claibo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, but it also gave me a bit of a sense of security too :P

#432 konyo

konyo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Dangerous speed camera's on road above, have to be carefull of those :(

Edited by konyo, 21 May 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#433 LeaLeaCooper

LeaLeaCooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

i broke down about 30mins into the run! Had to push the car into a cafe carpark as my throttle cable snapped at the traffic lights :( Thank you to the guys who helped fix my mini though!

#434 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, but it also gave me a bit of a sense of security too :P

did I overtake you in the fast lane on the m25 yesterday at about 6-7ish? I remember going past a few convoys but recognised a mini similar to yours in convoy

#435 Claibo

Claibo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I was back in Nottingham at about 6.30 so wasn't me. I didn't go home in a convoy, just followed the f reg blue mini along a23 and m25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users