463 replies to this topic

#436 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

We had a great weekend, show was as good as always. Even got a pretty good spot at Brighton.

Mini was playing up a bit, it was an earthing problem. Bought a couple of straps and fixed it before we went home.

Have to say I wasn't very impressed with how the queue at Crystal Palace was handled. People jumping the queue and the ones that arrived last left first. Usually the marshalls are pretty good at this.

#437 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

I reckon they should turn crystal palace into a bit more of a show to be honest, I had way more fun on the saturday, and looked at a lot more minis too

#438 glennthrower

glennthrower

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

We had a great weekend, show was as good as always. Even got a pretty good spot at Brighton.

Mini was playing up a bit, it was an earthing problem. Bought a couple of straps and fixed it before we went home.

Have to say I wasn't very impressed with how the queue at Crystal Palace was handled. People jumping the queue and the ones that arrived last left first. Usually the marshalls are pretty good at this.

James, you must have been in the first 3 or 4 rows too, this was quite annoying for us, as we had walked the line the previous night and could easily see who was jumping the gun - perhaps a marshall at the back of the queue next year will be fairer. Some of us had our girlfriends run from Dominos to move the cars >_<

#439 dangerousdowning

dangerousdowning

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

My first run!
I arrived at CP on Sunday morning. On the run, I opted for the A23 all the way, but felt like it may have been more fun on the M23 as all the lights through croydon, mixed in with standard traffic, broke everyone up. At times I couldn't see a mini in sight.
Brighton was a CRAWL! always that slow into Brighton? I think it took us a total of 3 hours.
I'm guessing the run back in the days before Sunday trading got big, were better, as less cars on the road.
I'd like to try a more rural run next time maybe. Any recommendations.
Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and a big thanks to those at LSMOC.

#440 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

It was my fifth L2B in Matilda. It was good to catch up with some old buddies on the seafront.

I didn't bother going to CP this year & joined the run from 20 miles north of Brighton. I think I won't bother buying a ticket again (saves 30 squid), and simply park up in Brighton elsewhere & walk/cycle in.

It was a good turn out, though. Loooooooooooads of peeps. Looooooooooads of cars.

#441 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 5,642 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

I was a few cars up from you in the queue, was abit pissed off seeing the cars behind me just cut infront of you like that, not to mention those cyclists! After seeing one of them knock someones mirror I'd had enough and made sure not one of them passed my car :D

#442 mohammed

mohammed

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

it was my first run, enjoyed myself, i went to CP on sundt morning But my mini stopped suddently (pushed it the bus lane).. so was very p***ed off, called the breakdown, but lucky two guys were walking by (they were with the event i think) and helped me solve the problem, would like to thanks them alot, i had air in the petrol tank to fuel was not getting pumped, solve the problem and got by on road.

overall enjoyed myself...

.....anyone going to southern mini days 2012... leaflet was in the run pack..

mohammed

Edited by mohammed, 21 May 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#443 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Was an awesome weekend! Tried to shake off the Bini that was behind me from the queue several times, ended up blasting past aload of Minis on the a23, and think I caught upto Tfclan, he seemed to know where he was going, didnt fancy going the wrong way into Brighton ahaha :D

#444 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

I was a few cars up from you in the queue, was abit pissed off seeing the cars behind me just cut infront of you like that, not to mention those cyclists! After seeing one of them knock someones mirror I'd had enough and made sure not one of them passed my car :D

I think you were following me all through Brighton and parked next to me on Madeira Drive. http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream
Looks the same as the car in your signature.

edit: oh yes, then :lol:

Edited by TfcIan, 21 May 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#445 Brookesy

Brookesy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Just got home as stayed at a friends in brighton. Had a cheeky convey with a beige mini bumped into in reading services. They turned off at swindon I was in a cherry red 30. Good weekend and they rain held off.:P

#446 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I think you were following me all through Brighton and parked next to me on Madeira Drive. http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream
Looks the same as the car in your signature.

edit: oh yes, then :lol:

Ahaha, yup I did :) nice pic! :thumbsup: I'll be uploading mine tonight, I'll post a link as they'll be a few of the road on the way down to the front with the nice view, and your Mini ahaha :D

Edited by Midas Mk1, 21 May 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#447 minimarvel

minimarvel

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC and ECMC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

My apologies must go to to guys and girls in lanes 2 and 3 at CP. I was in 4 and was watching all the cars that were right at the back driving down the empty lane 1 so decided that I was going to jump the queue too otherwise I was going to be the last to leave! It was my first L2B but was not impressed that I had queued from the previous night only to find that cars that arrived Sunday morning were leaving before me.
Instead of having 4 or 5 marshals at the exit one could have been at the back of the lanes to ensure no queue jumping.
Apart from that moan it was a great day which my son and I enjoyed and will do again. Thanks to LSMOC for there hard work. I was impressed with how well it was organised at both ends.

#448 Claibo

Claibo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I was in the second lane next to Mario and Luigi (Never found out their real names) and the guy with the white van behind them wasn't at the drivers seat when everyone started moving, someone then ran over and found that the door was open and rolled it onto the grass out the way, they started letting my lane go because of the hold up, and then when the first lane started moving again saw a white van fly by trying to catch up lol

#449 minimarvel

minimarvel

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

'I was in the second lane next to Mario and Luigi (Never found out their real names) '

When my son heard Mario speak he reckoned that he actually sounded like Mario, so perhaps it was him :lol:

#450 minimarvel

minimarvel

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I also feel for the guy from Colchester Mini Club who hit the Metro just outside CP.
His son was really upset though fortunately they were both ok and though the front end was badly damaged, some of it as it looked to be fibreglass so hopefully it won't be too difficult or costly to repair.

Thats more than could be said for the Metro which looked like a wreck before it was hit and although was hit on the offside rear quarter panel, the rear nearside wheel broke off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users