#1 moss6273

moss6273

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Local Club: B-O-S Motor Club

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

Rerun this thread as I didn't have any replies to the last one and I'm sure there is someone out there who has the answer!

Have just been clearing out some containers in the garage and found 3 sets of forged rockers (only 1 is complete unfortunately).

Despite some frantic searching on the internet I have been unable to determine what they were originally fitted to (although I have found part numbers which are a factor of 1 above or below). The part numbers I have are:

2A534 - Full Set of 8 - Have oil feed from rocker shaft to push-rod via oilway in tappet adjuster (I have never seen this before).
AEG426 - Set of 2.
12G1222 - Set of 6.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and do they have any value?? (That is apart from weighing them in!!) Someone on the forum is interested in them but I do not know what they are worth (if anything).

Thanks

Moss

#2 masnarda

masnarda

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Maybe I can push you in the right direction with this one

2A534 are meant for the small bore engines where stronger rockers were needed. i.e. on the Morris Minor
AEG426 were the most commonly used S type of forged rocker as they were used on the 1071 and the 1275 engines
AEA961 were used on the 970 engines
12G1221 were used on the MK3 S and Spridgets

There are also unmarked rockers being sold as S rockers, however these are non original and need to be measured to know which lift ratio they will give. Usually the quality of these rockers isn't as good as on originals.

Have a collection of rockers so can post pics if you like, would be interested in the 2A534 set if you still have them

#3 moss6273

moss6273

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Local Club: B-O-S Motor Club

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Make me an offer and I will consider it. Don't forget that postage will be extra.

#4 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

2A 534 were a factory alternative on the 997 and 998 Cooper.

AEA 691 were 1071 and 1275 S as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users